ADVERTISEMENT

Bama by -6.5….

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I haven’t gambled on Sports in about 23 years probably more like 25 after I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior… With that said why does that feel like such a ridiculously low line?

I’ve watched Kansas State play a couple of times this year. They’re not that damn good I mean they’re OK I’m not picking on them but I would expect Iowa would have a legitimate chance to beat them and they’re only a 6.5 dog, am I missing something?

Bama is just an above average team this year. Every year/team is different.

Those hayseeds from Kansas will illustrate what ‘settling’ looks like up close and personal.

Take kstate to cover

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
I haven’t gambled on Sports in about 23 years probably more like 25 after I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior… With that said why does that feel like such a ridiculously low line?

I’ve watched Kansas State play a couple of times this year. They’re not that damn good I mean they’re OK I’m not picking on them but I would expect Iowa would have a legitimate chance to beat them and they’re only a 6.5 dog, am I missing something?
Bama’s defense isn’t very good.

Reactions: Wadzinator

Praise the Lord! I am a believer also!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Bama wanted and felt they had proven enough to be in the playoffs…this is a massive disappointment.

What does Jesus have against a wager?

Vegas usually has no clue what they are doing.
😉

star-wars-admiral-ackbar.gif

I disagree with the OP. KSU is a good team and they will be ready to play. Bama will be lucky to win IMO.

Damm.....I was ready to put $$$$$ on Alabama until you made a case for Kansas State....

I disagree with the OP. KSU is a good team and they will be ready to play. Bama will be lucky to win IMO.
KSt is a tough team with a legit D, not some made up garbage, that has played actual against good offenses
It will be an interesting game, don’t count Kst out. But yes, take the points and Bama.

KSt is a tough team with a legit D, not some made up garbage, that has played actual against good offenses
It will be an interesting game, don’t count Kst out. But yes, take the points and Bama.
I agree. Question is, has K-State played against any legitimate defenses? ISU and Tulane? K-State scored 10 points against each. They lucked out against ISU and lost to Tulane. If Alabama is motivated, this game will be a route. If they go through the motions, it will be close.

Legit D? KSU is #55 in total defense. Who are the good offenses they played? The Big 12 has such bad defenses is the only reason their offenses look even decent. KSU played two defenses in the top 50 in ISU and Tulane and scored a total of 20 points against them. They played 4 defenses ranked 100th or worse including Kansas at #127 and Oklahoma at #121 both giving up over 450 YPG.

How has the Big 12 offenses looked in Bowl games when they actually play a defense. Baylor got 230 yards and 15 points against Air Force and Oklahoma St got 258 yards and 17 points against the 5th best defense in the Big 10 in Wisconsin.

The bet is KSU and the points, and they will have a legit chance to win this game. The only way Iowa could beat KSU is in a 7-6 type game and I don’t believe they could hold KSU below 20 pts.

Legit D? KSU is #55 in total defense. Who are the good offenses they played? The Big 12 has such bad defenses is the only reason their offenses look even decent. KSU played two defenses in the top 50 in ISU and Tulane and scored a total of 20 points against them. They played 4 defenses ranked 100th or worse including Kansas at #127 and Oklahoma at #121 both giving up over 450 YPG.

How has the Big 12 offenses looked in Bowl games when they actually play a defense. Baylor got 230 yards and 15 points against Air Force and Oklahoma St got 258 yards and 17 points against the 5th best defense in the Big 10 in Wisconsin.
Or the offenses in the B10 are so bad that the defensive #s are inflated. That pendulum swings both ways. We will see when Mich plays TCU.

Reactions: littlez
The bet is KSU and the points, and they will have a legit chance to win this game. The only way Iowa could beat KSU is in a 7-6 type game and I don’t believe they could hold KSU below 20 pts.
Why would you say Iowa would not hold KSU below 20 points? ISU and Tulane held them to 10 points and in total defense and scoring defense they are below Iowa.

Why would you say Iowa would not hold KSU below 20 points? ISU and Tulane held them to 10 points and in total defense and scoring defense they are below Iowa.
KSU’s offense took a significant step forward when Howard took over at QB. Tulane is a very solid team and will give USC fits in the Cotton Bowl. ISU had a solid defense and finished below Iowa in part because of the TCU game on the last weekend, but they also played better offenses than Iowa did all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlez
Or the offenses in the B10 are so bad that the defensive #s are inflated. That pendulum swings both ways. We will see when Mich plays TCU.
Sure the Michigan TCU game will be another example but we already have two examples where Big 12 offenses that averaged 413 and 464 YPG could not get close to 300 against defenses that are top 15. And Baylor gained 85 yards on their last drive when the score was 30-7. So Baylor's offense had 145 yards until then. Baylor's only other power 5 out of conference defense was BYU who has the #95 defense and they managed less than 300 yards again. Oklahoma St's only other power 5 defense was ASU at #105 and they had 465 yards and ASU averaged allowing 422. Wisconsin is the 6th best defense in the Big 10 in total defense and 7th best in scoring defense. It is not like Oklahoma State met the best in the Big 10.

Ehhhh, if Bama was truly disappointed to be there, Young and Anderson wouldn’t be playing. I think it’s a tired narrative that they won’t care because it isn’t the playoff. And, because this board hates Bama’s guts, so getting an objective take about them is difficult.

I wagered on Kansas St. +5.5 very early, assuming a bunch of Bama guys would opt out. Cashed out for a tiny profit when those guys announced they were playing because the line moved a lot and I still think the best version of Bama is capable of rolling a team like KSU. The big question is, when is that version going to show up, and is that version even there?

Saban has a coordinator problem. The defenses under Pete Golding are a far cry from what they had with Kirby Smart, and Bill O’Brien has been, by Alabama standards, objectively bad. The quality of athlete hasn’t moved an inch in Tuscaloosa, but even with a massive talent advantage it shows how important coaching is.

Maybe with a month to come up with a plan, Bama can have one of “those” performances where it clicks. But I am literally not betting on it.

Ehhhh, if Bama was truly disappointed to be there, Young and Anderson wouldn’t be playing. I think it’s a tired narrative that they won’t care because it isn’t the playoff. And, because this board hates Bama’s guts, so getting an objective take about them is difficult.

I wagered on Kansas St. +5.5 very early, assuming a bunch of Bama guys would opt out. Cashed out for a tiny profit when those guys announced they were playing because the line moved a lot and I still think the best version of Bama is capable of rolling a team like KSU. The big question is, when is that version going to show up, and is that version even there?

Saban has a coordinator problem. The defenses under Pete Golding are a far cry from what they had with Kirby Smart, and Bill O’Brien has been, by Alabama standards, objectively bad. The quality of athlete hasn’t moved an inch in Tuscaloosa, but even with a massive talent advantage it shows how important coaching is.

Maybe with a month to come up with a plan, Bama can have one of “those” performances where it clicks. But I am literally not betting on it.
Well said Greenway! FYI God texted me the last 2 nights to bet on KU and Fl State. I guess sometimes he's right and sometimes he's wrong.

Sure the Michigan TCU game will be another example but we already have two examples where Big 12 offenses that averaged 413 and 464 YPG could not get close to 300 against defenses that are top 15. And Baylor gained 85 yards on their last drive when the score was 30-7. So Baylor's offense had 145 yards until then. Baylor's only other power 5 out of conference defense was BYU who has the #95 defense and they managed less than 300 yards again. Oklahoma St's only other power 5 defense was ASU at #105 and they had 465 yards and ASU averaged allowing 422. Wisconsin is the 6th best defense in the Big 10 in total defense and 7th best in scoring defense. It is not like Oklahoma State met the best in the Big 10.
Do you know how many players for OSU that were starters that didn’t play? I believe the number approached double digits. They had many hit the portal including their many years all conference QB. I realize Mertz didn’t play for Wisky but he didn’t have near the impact on the Badgers as Sanders had on the Cowboys. I could care less about Baylor and I am happy to see them lose every game they play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT