ADVERTISEMENT

Ban on COVID-19 vaccine requirement for students signed into law

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Deplorable:

Colleges, K-12 school districts and day care centers in Iowa cannot require students and children to be immunized from COVID-19 under legislation signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Kim Reynolds.

The bill was among 10 signed into law Tuesday by the governor.

Iowa schools, by state law, require eight types of immunizations by age 5.

Advertisement

Immunization from COVID-19 will not be added to that list, thanks to House File 2298, which passed the Iowa Legislature mostly on party-line votes, with Republicans supporting the proposal and Democrats opposing.

Reynolds has until a week from Thursday to take action on all bills approved during the recently concluded legislative session. The governor’s spokesman said Thursday that roughly a couple dozen bills remain.

Among the other bills she signed into law Tuesday were:

• House File 2578, the health and human services budget bill. It budgets $2.1 billion for various state services over the next state budget year, which begins July 1.

• Senate File 529, which is designed to assist victims of fertility fraud. The legislation is a proactive approach in Iowa, in reaction to stories from other states in which fertility doctors secretly impregnated patients with their own sperm.

Reactions: ICHerky
Good. The mRNA Covid vaccines have poor efficacy, making them not truly vaccines in the traditional sense. For children, there's very little risk of severe disease or death, and natural immunity is superior. Add to that the risk of blood clots, and there's a bad risk / reward factor.

Being vaxxed myself, this vax is not effective enough nor required enough by the population in question to warrant being forced.
If they develop a vax thats truly preventive, maybe this needs to be looked at, but very much a non-issue in the current environment.

Some kids are going to make poor choices and get polio.
I see that DeSantis didn't like having the anti-vaxxer spotlight on someone else, so he had to one up Kimmie today.

Um, no. The Covid vaccines aren't traditional vaccines, and they have extremely poor efficacy. They also carry risks other vaccines don't carry.
I keep wondering about the Finance in your handle. I assume you are good with numbers or something, and then you post stuff that ignores numbers and conforms to a goofball Q theory.

Reactions: pjhawk
The next step will be banning any vaccine requirements.
The pro life party, folks.
What the crazy core has morphed the GOP into wants this. I tried to warn the respectable conservatives of HROT back in 2015 when Trump started playing footsie with the anti-vaxxers that it was a deal with the Devil. On both counts.

Are they dying or being hospitalized at the same rate as the stupid douches who didn't get vaccinated? Or, is their boosted immune system offering them heightened protection?
So you dont understand the function of an actual vaccine - thats cool, thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: your_master5
Some kids are going to make poor choices and get polio.
I see that DeSantis didn't like having the anti-vaxxer spotlight on someone else, so he had to one up Kimmie today.

The polio vaccine actually prevents people from getting polio.

The COVID vaccine? Not so much.

Reactions: abby97
So you dont understand the function of an actual vaccine - thats cool, thanks for clarifying.
Are you better off with the shot, or without the Covid vaccine? If you cannot answer that you are, then you are hopeless.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I keep wondering about the Finance in your handle. I assume you are good with numbers or something, and then you post stuff that ignores numbers and conforms to a goofball Q theory.
Can you post the specific numbers in question for the 0-18 age groups for us?

Can you post the specific numbers in question for the 0-18 age groups for us?
That the microchip people will believe? No. I cannot. How about you? Who is controlling the doctors and health officials who are pushing these shots? What machinations are they carrying out? I am all ears.

Deplorable:

Colleges, K-12 school districts and day care centers in Iowa cannot require students and children to be immunized from COVID-19 under legislation signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Kim Reynolds.

The bill was among 10 signed into law Tuesday by the governor.

Iowa schools, by state law, require eight types of immunizations by age 5.

Advertisement

Immunization from COVID-19 will not be added to that list, thanks to House File 2298, which passed the Iowa Legislature mostly on party-line votes, with Republicans supporting the proposal and Democrats opposing.

Reynolds has until a week from Thursday to take action on all bills approved during the recently concluded legislative session. The governor’s spokesman said Thursday that roughly a couple dozen bills remain.

Among the other bills she signed into law Tuesday were:

• House File 2578, the health and human services budget bill. It budgets $2.1 billion for various state services over the next state budget year, which begins July 1.

• Senate File 529, which is designed to assist victims of fertility fraud. The legislation is a proactive approach in Iowa, in reaction to stories from other states in which fertility doctors secretly impregnated patients with their own sperm.
Deplorable? My god man you are so far gone to think this is deplorable.

That the microchip people will believe? No. I cannot. How about you? Who is controlling the doctors and health officials who are pushing these shots? What machinations are they carrying out? I am all ears.
I'm vaccinated and boosted and recommend everyone in which we have data for their age bracket do that same.

Now back to the question you're dodging, can you find the data for kids 0-18 which demonstrates the vaccine and booster effectiveness? You know, the age brackets this legislation is addressing?

After all , you were the one that asked why @Finance85 was ignoring the numbers. I'm asking what numbers, specifically, are you looking at for the kids this legislation is addressing.

Are you better off with the shot, or without the Covid vaccine? If you cannot answer that you are, then you are hopeless.
Much better off - hence I have both doses. But its not a vaccine, is it? Because vaccines prevent contraction. This is a preemptive therapeutic.
And its also essentially useless for the age group in question as well, correct?

I'm vaccinated and boosted and recommend everyone in which we have data for their age bracket do that same.

Now back to the question you're dodging, can you find the data for kids 0-18 which demonstrates the vaccine and booster effectiveness? You know, the age brackets this legislation is addressing?

After all , you were the one that asked why @Finance85 was ignoring the numbers. I'm asking what numbers, specifically, are you looking at for the kids this legislation is addressing.

Reactions: ericram
Being vaxxed myself, this vax is not effective enough nor required enough by the population in question to warrant being forced.
If they develop a vax thats truly preventive, maybe this needs to be looked at, but very much a non-issue in the current environment.
Do you know how vaccines work?

They were in charge of the process. Are you a Covidiot?
So you do consider them to be the only experts on the subject? If so, why wasnt the phrase "listen to CDC and only the CDC"?
Still waiting on you to tell me what I believe as well....

ADVERTISEMENT