ADVERTISEMENT

Bands/Artists you hate, but everyone else seems to like....

I'm on your side with this one Fleetwood Mac was a great band. No other band turned inner turmoil into better music. Go Your Own Way is such a baller move by Buckingham. He wrote a huge hit slamming his ex and made her sing it. For decades.
To each thier own i just thought that was a random pick. "The chain" alone should keep them off the cutting room floor imo.

Steely Dan.

Although I question whether “everyone” seems to like them to begin with.

Could not have put it any better.....if that is the best Canada has....they can keep it.

09df023e7ba11b17640f4f0f6c47c5f0.jpg

Reactions: torbee
FIGHT BAR. YESTERDAY. YOU STUPID, STUPID, MAN.

Steely Dan’s music is what I would play on my car’s stereo system as I run the vehicle in my garage with all the doors closed in an attempt to off myself.

It would put me to sleep approximately 20 minutes quicker.

Steely Dan’s music is what I would play on my car’s stereo system as I run the vehicle in my garage with all the doors closed in an attempt to off myself.

It would put me to sleep approximately 20 minutes quicker.

I'm waiting. I've ordered you a mat shot and a bacon martini. You can enjoy them both before I pummel you.

Reactions: torbee
Journey - If I have to hear another group of dude bros singing Don't Stop Believin at the top of their lungs, I may lose my mind

Agree. This is my next most "don't get it" band after the Eagles. Then Foreigner.

I don't hate them, but I could never understand the popularity of jam bands - Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, etc.

They never play the same show twice. You can go to their shows and have very little confidence in what they’ll play that night. Even if you do guess correctly on a few songs or usual correlations with songs, the style that night can differ in terms of tempo and perhaps even chord.

Reactions: JMNSHO
The correct answer is Pearl Jam AIIEC

Wow, definitely agree with this one. Can't stand them, never could.

Pearl Jam might be the only band I can't say I like a single song from, not even one. Even bands I hate more, have a song I'm like "Eh, that's ok I guess."

Glad to see Fleetwood Mac coming up here to. That was always my go to for this, but I've come to the realization that HATE is too strong. I don't feel driven to leave the building when their songs come on the radio. They just seem like mediocre generic 70s rock to me and it's not as much as hating their music as the disparity of how I feel vs. the adoration.

Pearl Jam itself needs to be split into eras in my opinion. Ten and VS were both good albums. Vitalogy started to decline and I don’t care about anything after that...

Ten itself is tremendous

Bruce Springsteen (don't hate but think terribly overrated.)

I am kind of with you on that. I love his first two albums and his "Nebraska" record, but I find most of the stuff from his heyday to be a bit bombastic and melodramatic.

I have always thought the Eagles were a band respected by all (best selling album ever). Thus, those who say they didn’t like them only did so because they thought The Dude was cool (he was, though).

I can assure you I've been hating Eagles music since long before The Dude existed.

Some bands and their popularity will always make me wonder...why?

This isnt so much of a "The Beatles are overrated" kind of thread. This is a turn the station, get in to arguments, disown your children kind of thread.

Who you got HROT?

1) U2
2) Bob Dylan
3) Velvet Underground
4) Lynyrd Skynard
5) Yo La Tango

Green day
KISS
Blink 182
Aerosmith
Rap... all of it
Beatles