ADVERTISEMENT

Barron Trump Is Picked to Be Delegate at the Republican Convention

cigaretteman

HB King
May 29, 2001
After years in which his privacy has been fiercely guarded and he has been kept out of the political arena, former President Donald J. Trump’s youngest son, Barron, was chosen to be one of Florida’s delegates to the Republican National Convention.
Barron, who turned 18 earlier this year and will graduate high school this month, will be one of 41 at-large delegates at the party’s national meeting in July, when the G.O.P. is expected to officially nominate his father as the Republican presidential candidate. His selection was reported earlier by NBC News.
The youngest Trump will be joined in the delegation by his two more politically active brothers, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., both of whom have appeared on the campaign trail or done interviews to support their father’s candidacy.
Mr. Trump’s younger daughter, Tiffany, will also be a Florida delegate. Ivanka Trump, his eldest child, was not on the list.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

Though politicians’ children often hit the trail to stump alongside their parents, Barron Trump has largely been absent from his father’s campaign this year. It remains to be seen whether he will give a speech at the Republican convention, as his siblings did in 2016 and 2020.

For the past several years, Barron has been attending a private high school near Florida. His graduation, on May 17, became a point of contention in Mr. Trump’s hush-money trial in Manhattan because it overlaps with the court schedule.
The judge in the case initially delayed a decision on whether court would be in session that day, prompting complaints from Mr. Trump, but he eventually agreed to allow the day off from court.
The Florida party’s list of delegates further demonstrates the extent to which the Trump family and Mr. Trump’s supporters have moved to the center of Republican politics. His daughter-in-law, Lara, who is married to Eric Trump, was made co-chair of the Republican National Committee earlier this year.
The Florida delegation list also includes Kimberly Guilfoyle, the fiancée of Donald Trump Jr., and Michael Boulos, Tiffany Trump’s husband. Other longtime Trump allies were also chosen, including Isaac Perlmutter, the former Marvel Entertainment chief executive who is a major donor, and the real-estate investor Steve Witkoff, a longtime friend of Mr. Trump.

I thought Republicans didn't like young adults having inputs on the conversation because they were too young to know any better.

I mean Vivek was out there saying that he wanted to increase the voting age to like 25 unless you served in the military. And a lot of Republicans certainly loved that view.

Now you have the person who is the ultimate expression of not being able to know better. An 18 year old kid with a rich daddy. And they want to make him a delegate.

At the very least most 18 year olds don't have rich daddies and have had to do things like work. Barron hasn't even experienced that.

Ya…look how jo’s kids turned out…

One a military vet and state attorney general. Died of natural causes - Age 46

One a cokehead and royal screw up still alive.

One a small child died in a car accident age 1.

One a fashion designer who married a surgeon and business executive.

So 1 really good one, 1 decent one, 1 screw up and 1 tragically incomplete.

If Hunter was the only son Biden had I'd be questioning it. But he also had Beau and Ashley. One of the things I've come to realize is that I think no matter how good you do and how hard you try some people grow up and do shitty things. Because if it was just parenting all of Biden's kids should have turned out like that.

One a military vet and state attorney general. Died of natural causes - Age 46

One a cokehead and royal screw up still alive.

One a small child died in a car accident age 1.

One a fashion designer who married a surgeon and business executive.

So 1 really good one, 1 decent one, 1 screw up and 1 tragically incomplete.

If Hunter was the only son Biden had I'd be questioning it. But he also had Beau and Ashley. One of the things I've come to realize is that I think no matter how good you do and how hard you try some people grow up and do shitty things. Because if it was just parenting all of Biden's kids should have turned out like that.
A funny coincidence story. Yesterday I was at an event and I ran into a former colleague who had retired and we got to talking about world travel. Turns out, he'd visited an Abbey in central italy that I visited over a decade ago. At the time, the abbey was run by a rather niche-y group of monks called the Norbertines. So, i hopped on line to refresh my memory about who the Norbertines were, and there was a note about how they ran a very limited number of schools here in the US. One of those schools was in Delaware, and among its alumni were Joe and Hunter.

It's difficult to imagine a woman who married trump (knowing full well who he is) in order to get green cards for her and her family, being the one to install (instill?) good character in him.
But all the church-going Republican women I worked with all said Melania is the epitome of class and grace. These same church-going women all made fun of Michelle Obama's looks on multiple occasions. Pretty, pretty brainwashed.

Judging from his dad and brothers, Barron is a ****ing idiot too. He'll undoubtedly be a victim of the liberal woke mob and FREAKING SOROS in no time. Can't wait for him to get on social media!

Criticism for his political actions / positions, etc.
He’s an 18-year-old high school graduate who’s going to be one of more than 6300 people who serve as delegates this summer to rubber-stamp the same two candidates we had four years ago.

So…yeah…roll up your sleeves and make your family proud, I suppose.

He’s an 18-year-old high school graduate who’s going to be one of more than 6300 people who serve as delegates this summer to rubber-stamp the same two candidates we had four years ago.

He doesn't have to be a delegate, does he? Donald is putting his son on the mark like he has with the rest of his assets. Show fealty to me in public. You want to fight the fight about your party laying off kids? Really?
If he is 18, and entering the political fray, that is a decision that has consequences. Especially when he starts offering up public statements, which is the next move.

Reactions: cigaretteman
It's difficult to imagine a woman who married trump (knowing full well who he is) in order to get green cards for her and her family, being the one to install (instill?) good character in him.
Chain migration is bad...
Say, did Donald ever release all of Melania's immigration paperwork? He said he was going to do that back in 2016, right? He said in 2 weeks, I believe. A lot of stuff seems to be happening in 2 weeks over the last 8 years.

I mean, Republicans lost their shit when high schooler David Hogg started being vocal about gun violence and wanting gun restrictions after he survived his high schools massacre.

But I guess this is a different.

Sorry, I can’t not comment on this: “near Florida”?
Yeah, weird wording.

According to this article,

Former President Donald Trump's son with Melania Trump is set to graduate from Oxbridge Academy in Palm Beach, Florida, on May 17, and could join the millions of high school seniors across the United States who are set to finalize their college plans on Wednesday, known as "Decision Day."

Reactions: sober_teacher

I don’t think anyone is going to do much. But he’s now fair game. For questioning, criticism, etc. I think he can and should be asked about supporting his Dad as well as his Dad’s foibles.

He wasn’t fair game until he both became an adult and jumped into politics.

Those are the rules.

You think he’s off limits because he’s only 18 or because he’s only one of 6300?

Reactions: cigaretteman
He doesn't have to be a delegate, does he?
No one has to be a delegate. I’m guessing that, much like the other 6300+ delegates, he’s looking at this as an exciting opportunity.
Donald is putting his son on the mark like he has with the rest of his assets. Show fealty to me in public. You want to fight the fight about your party laying off kids? Really?
If he is 18, and entering the political fray, that is a decision that has consequences. Especially when he starts offering up public statements, which is the next move.
Meh. Wake me up when he heads out on the campaign trail or starts a podcast or something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT