ADVERTISEMENT

Barry's Buzz

fufighters

HR MVP
Nov 13, 2009
If you haven't seen these posted on Facebook pages...the scramble ...youth wrestling..just wrestlers , you're really missing some great history. Imagine Big Ten Championship 1983 9 Iowa guys and 1 Minnesota guy on one side of the mat and the other side everyone else. Iowa had 9 guys in the Finals and won every match.

If you haven't seen these posted on Facebook pages...the scramble ...youth wrestling..just wrestlers , you're really missing some great history. Imagine Big Ten Championship 1983 9 Iowa guys and 1 Minnesota guy on one side of the mat and the other side everyone else. Iowa had 9 guys in the Finals and won every match.

Imagine for a moment the Hawks getting really hot at the right time and putting 9 in the B1G finals... It’s not so unrealistic. Jeepers!

Reactions: el dub and AFHawk86
Imagine for a moment the Hawks getting really hot at the right time and putting 9 in the B1G finals... It’s not so unrealistic. Jeepers!
With penn st doing what they have and a handful of other big 10 teams having 1 or 2 studs it is extremely unrealistic.

Which guys on the squad is it unrealistic to picture in the finals at B1Gs?
I never said it was unrealistic for any one guy to make it. I said its unrealistic to have 9 guys make it. You think it's realistic that everything goes almost perfect for iowa and all the other team's contenders shit the bed?iowa suffers absolutely 0 upsets while also pulling off numerous upsets? I know you're not smart, but wow.

Wanna wager iowa gets 9 in the finals??

I never said it was unrealistic for any one guy to make it. I said its unrealistic to have 9 guys make it. You think it's realistic that everything goes almost perfect for iowa and all the other team's contenders shit the bed?iowa suffers absolutely 0 upsets while also pulling off numerous upsets? I know you're not smart, but wow.

“Almost perfect” and “numerous upsets”? You’re showing your ignorance. I maintain that it’s absolutely a possibility that Iowa could put 9 in the finals.

Your schtick is tiresome. It’s petty and extremely childish. Half this board knows who I am and where I hear things. I typically enjoy some witty banter, but you clearly can’t provide it. Shame.

I will say again that if people think I’m an “insider” that’s on them. I’m just a fan like everyone else and like to talk about wrestling... People like you are truly creepy and weren’t raised correctly. I’d say I feel sorry for your parents, but it’s partly their fault that you’ve become who you are. It’s unfortunate that people like you exist because people like you are what is wrong with the world today. People are more eager to attack each other and think they have the right opinion about things after the fact instead of keeping to themselves and going on about their own business. Often these same people don’t have any business to go on about. Maybe try to take a good hard look in the mirror and truly ask yourself if you’re proud of who you’ve become...

And to answer your question, no, I don’t want to make a wager with a human like you. I’m torn about even responding anymore, but in the ever slight chance that it may do you some good I did anyway. So take it and be better, or don’t and see where it gets you. I don’t personally care, but someone else might. So to them I say good luck.

“Almost perfect” and “numerous upsets”? You’re showing your ignorance. I maintain that it’s absolutely a possibility that Iowa could put 9 in the finals.

Your schtick is tiresome. It’s petty and extremely childish. Half this board knows who I am and where I hear things. I typically enjoy some witty banter, but you clearly can’t provide it. Shame.

I will say again that if people think I’m an “insider” that’s on them. I’m just a fan like everyone else and like to talk about wrestling... People like you are truly creepy and weren’t raised correctly. I’d say I feel sorry for your parents, but it’s partly their fault that you’ve become who you are. It’s unfortunate that people like you exist because people like you are what is wrong with the world today. People are more eager to attack each other and think they have the right opinion about things after the fact instead of keeping to themselves and going on about their own business. Often these same people don’t have any business to go on about. Maybe try to take a good hard look in the mirror and truly ask yourself if you’re proud of who you’ve become...

And to answer your question, no, I don’t want to make a wager with a human like you. I’m torn about even responding anymore, but in the ever slight chance that it may do you some good I did anyway. So take it and be better, or don’t and see where it gets you. I don’t personally care, but someone else might. So to them I say good luck.
I didn't read any of the gibberish past the 2nd paragraph. Since you're so confident let's wager on the 9 in the finals. And yes, it would have to go almost perfect and require upsets for Iowa and other teams being upset. I'm sorry thats too difficult for you to understand.

According to Flo, the current Big 10 rankings:
1. Lee
2. Desanto
3. Murin
1. Lugo
2. Young
2. Marinelli
2. Kemmerrer
3. Assad
2. Warner
3. Cassiopi

They are poised to be one of the best teams, but yes they still have to perform.

looking at the rankings and based on how they have competed so far, it’s not out of the realm of legitimate possibilities.

Lol, not very confident in your own claims.

No, just not very confident in your mental stability. I’m done with you. I feel bad for cluttering this board up arguing with your chicken nugget eating ass. So I take it back, you’re the 2nd person I’ve ever ignored on here. Wish you were clever enough to make it at least somewhat fun.

No, just not very confident in your mental stability. I’m done with you. I feel bad for cluttering this board up arguing with your chicken nugget eating ass. So I take it back, you’re the 2nd person I’ve ever ignored on here. Wish you were clever enough to make it at least somewhat fun.
You must have a higher pain threshold for reading opinions from dipsticks than I do if you only have 2 on Ignore! Think I've got 130 or so and rising! Feels good too.

But to each his own of course........:D

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: el dub and Gobblin
I love chicken nuggets. Was that supposed to be an insult??
My mental stability is just fine, I'm not the one thinking iowa will have 9 in the finals.

There were also 3 Olympians on that team which is pretty amazing. Davis took silver Banachs both gold and although the Soviet Union boycotted the games it is a testament to Gable....incidentally their was also Randy Lewis who took gold but wasnt on the 83 team. That's 4 guys on one Olympic team from one University an amazing feat which I doubt has been equaled since.

The '83 team was one of the best. Seven returning All-Americans and 4 previous national champions. Redshirt freshman Duane Goldman and true Freshmen Jim Heffernan and Rico Chiapparelli. 9 All-Americans with 4 champions, 2nd (Goldman lost 4-2 to Mark Schultz), 3rd, 4th and 2-5ths. Chiapparelli was unseeded & won two on the front side of the bracket, beating the number 7 seed first round then lost 11-5 to the #2 seed then pinned in the R-12 by Capone-Hofstra.

I didn't read any of the gibberish past the 2nd paragraph. Since you're so confident let's wager on the 9 in the finals. And yes, it would have to go almost perfect and require upsets for Iowa and other teams being upset. I'm sorry thats too difficult for you to understand.

Bootsy,
For you to go after 1 of the if not the most respectable posters on this board is laughable. Goblin has probably forgotten more about wrestling than you will ever know. 9 in the finals is a possibility never once did he say it was going to happen just said it could happen. Get a grip.

The '83 team was one of the best. Seven returning All-Americans and 4 previous national champions. Redshirt freshman Duane Goldman and true Freshmen Jim Heffernan and Rico Chiapparelli. 9 All-Americans with 4 champions, 2nd (Goldman lost 4-2 to Mark Schultz), 3rd, 4th and 2-5ths. Chiapparelli was unseeded & won two on the front side of the bracket, beating the number 7 seed first round then lost 11-5 to the #2 seed then pinned in the R-12 by Capone-Hofstra.
I love reading posts like this!

Dude got ghosted with ignore, that’ll teach him. You guys are like school girls with the ignore button. So sensitive for wrestling fans. I’d be embarrassed.

Reactions: ChitSandwich
Dude got ghosted with ignore, that’ll teach him. You guys are like school girls with the ignore button. So sensitive for wrestling fans. I’d be embarrassed.
Intention was never "that'll teach him". The guy is incapable of learning. I am just ridding what I read from ignorant, childish, foolishness. It is simply an act of beautifying my world. ;)

Reactions: Gobblin
You should be embarrassed about your Kemdawg posts. In fact you remind me a lot of that Sans Souci guy when he was doped up. He said he had a major medical issue I think he reincarnated into junkead.

I just checked to see who I have on ignore and I cant believe I don’t have anyone. Being a member since 2006 that just seems nuts. I guess I’m a glutton to read stupid shit.

Reactions: 24 so far
Lsanders20HR MVP
More teams in the B10 now definitely makes it tougher, but not out of the question

I'd like to see them have teams host two teams where all three could wrestle each other . Should help with travel and all teams could compete against each other . Or quadrangulers over a weekend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT