ADVERTISEMENT

Barta, in attempt to slow down the NIL deals, is advocating for the NCAA to repeal the one-time transfer rule that it installed 13 months ago

Coaches can also be fired any time. Once scholarships can get dropped any time for subpar performance, then that's comparable....

Look at all the guys from Iowa who went into the portal and came out without a scholarship. How do you think the year end meetings for the players go. If you are in your 3rd or 4th year and not playing you sort of get encouraged to leave and if you don’t they will try and make you quit.

You don’t think kids ever get forced out?

Remember “Creaning?”

I’m not sure if it’s for all p5 schools or not, but at least for some conferences I think it’s still a yearly deal for scholarships. And regardless, coach Ed can do all BUT outright cut players by their actions. Players want to play. If coaches make it clear via depth chart, end of season evals, etc., that player X is not going to play there, they’re going to leave.

I noticed that you neatly deflected my initial question tho. If coaches can accept a job elsewhere without penalty, why should players have to sit out a year if they want to transfer?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Remember “Creaning?”

I’m not sure if it’s for all p5 schools or not, but at least for some conferences I think it’s still a yearly deal for scholarships. And regardless, coach Ed can do all BUT outright cut players by their actions. Players want to play. If coaches make it clear via depth chart, end of season evals, etc., that player X is not going to play there, they’re going to leave.

I noticed that you neatly deflected my initial question tho. If coaches can accept a job elsewhere without penalty, why should players have to sit out a year if they want to transfer?
Scholarships are annual I believe, but I don't know of a single b1g school that actually pulls them for not being good enough. I know harbaugh has told 5th year players to take a hike, but that's it iirc

I told you before, once players can be fired then I'd be fine with that. Don't like my opinion? Good for you ...

Scholarships are annual I believe, but I don't know of a single b1g school that actually pulls them for not being good enough. I know harbaugh has told 5th year players to take a hike, but that's it iirc

I told you before, once players can be fired then I'd be fine with that. Don't like my opinion? Good for you ...
Again, if coaches can leave without penalties, why cant players?

ADVERTISEMENT