ADVERTISEMENT

Barta Played a Role

UncannyNanny

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2020
Watching BTN interviews right now, Vice President just said that Gary Barta played a big role in allowing the BIG10 to be eligible for the CFP. (since he’s on the CFP committee)...I wasn’t a fan of him prior, but love the way he fought for the hawks during all of this.

Watching BTN interviews right now, Vice President just said that Gary Barta played a big role in allowing the BIG10 to be eligible for the CFP. (since he’s on the CFP committee)...I wasn’t a fan of him prior, but love the way he fought for the hawks during all of this.

I’m a big fan of Gary right now. Most major sports are humming. I’m 80% results-based in my assessments.

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
I have been pretty critcal of Barta in the past. For the most part he deserved a lot of the criticism but this time around he deserves the credit for advocating for what was right.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I'll add my name to the list. I've been critical where I felt he deserved it. The man done did good in that case, so tip of the cap to him.
Nobody's ever a huge fan of their AD. I remember Bob Bowlsby being dogged by Iowa fans for what a bad AD he was. He's gone on to show he's a pretty competent administrator.
I always liked Bowlsby. I'm weird, I know.

I'll add my name to the list. I've been critical where I felt he deserved it. The man done did good in that case, so tip of the cap to him.

I always liked Bowlsby. I'm weird, I know.

Bob Bowlsby may have been a good administrator/politician, but I will always remember him as highly incompetent when it came to putting competitive sports teams on the field for the University of Iowa. Here are a few examples:

1) We most-often finished dead last in the "all sports standings" within the Big Ten while Bowlsby was AD. Bob Bowlsby largely ignored the "non-revenue" sports during his AD tenure and didn't appear to hold coaches responsible in any way for putting competitive teams on the field.

2) Bob Bowlsby's attempted hiring of his UNI-buddy Terry Allen.

3) Bob Bowlsby not putting KF under contract for nearly 2 years after he arrived which the media finally discovered.

4) Bob Bowlsby allowing the wrestling program to slip to 7th place in the league near the end of Zalesky's coaching tenure.

5) Bob Bowlsby allowing the baseball field to be named after a coach who won one Big Ten title in 28 years and then "retired" under controversial circumstances.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I still dislike Barta but he got it done with his seat on the play off committee. The B1G might have a chance at being a part of the play off discussion but let’s see if they can get it done over two teams from the SEC w/ Clemson and Notre Dame.

Yah, after all his screw-ups, all the money his terrible contract decisions have cost the department, the lawsuits he's lost, and general malfeasance--including spending every penny of the enormous amounts of money that have been flowing in for years--sure, now he's a genius and a hero. Absolutely.

Yah, after all his screw-ups, all the money his terrible contract decisions have cost the department, the lawsuits he's lost, and general malfeasance--including spending every penny of the enormous amounts of money that have been flowing in for years--sure, now he's a genius and a hero. Absolutely.

The stupidity of the average fan blows my mind sometimes.

I am talking about this situation specifically, not everything he has done. Most people got that. It’s this thing called “cognitive dissonance,” I recommend you look into, maybe you’ll make a couple friends.

Gary said, "Win, Graduate, Do It Right".

Definitely Gary Barta has done an excellent job, with the Major sports, at Iowa, doing quite well.
Women's Hoops, Men's Hoop, Wrestling and Football.
Except for Bump, I'd say he's perhaps the best at Iowa in a long time.
#gohawks

Bob Bowlsby may have been a good administrator/politician, but I will always remember him as highly incompetent when it came to putting competitive sports teams on the field for the University of Iowa. Here are a few examples:

1) We most-often finished dead last in the "all sports standings" within the Big Ten while Bowlsby was AD. Bob Bowlsby largely ignored the "non-revenue" sports during his AD tenure and didn't appear to hold coaches responsible in any way for putting competitive teams on the field.

2) Bob Bowlsby's attempted hiring of his UNI-buddy Terry Allen.

3) Bob Bowlsby not putting KF under contract for nearly 2 years after he arrived which the media finally discovered.

4) Bob Bowlsby allowing the wrestling program to slip to 7th place in the league near the end of Zalesky's coaching tenure.

5) Bob Bowlsby allowing the baseball field to be named after a coach who won one Big Ten title in 28 years and then "retired" under controversial circumstances.
You forgot alfraud

This can’t be.

According to the rubes to the west, the players, coaches, and fans are the reason why the B1G decided to play football this fall so all credit goes to them having the biggest V’s in the room. Kudos to you little red, the real men of genius!

ADVERTISEMENT