Myles Davis-SS
Cassius Campbell-3B/1B/SS/2B
Karson Grout-2B/SS/3B/OF
Joey Oakie-RHP
Liam Roche-LHP

Tucker Long-SS/2B/3B/OF

Last edited:
Reactions: AuroraHawk
Just saw a website with the top 600 players for next week's draft, Obermueller was listed at #79 overall, 12th best LHP. Mazur was 51, 8th best RHP and Williams at 137, 7th best 1B.
I'm doubtful that he steps foot on campus to play for Iowa.

Just saw a website with the top 600 players for next week's draft, Obermueller was listed at #79 overall, 12th best LHP. Mazur was 51, 8th best RHP and Williams at 137, 7th best 1B.
Those ratings suggest Mazur being drafted in middle of Round #2 (slot money for #51 is $1.5M in '22); Obermueller as a Free Agent Compensation pick right before Round #3 (slot money for #79 pick is $820K) and Williams would be the first pick of Round #5 (slot money for #137 pick is $426.6K).

I'm doubtful that he steps foot on campus to play for Iowa.
As much as I'd like to see him pitch for a couple of years for the Hawkeyes, if he can get in the ballpark of $750K to $825K based upon high school results, I'd tell him to take the $$$ and let the professionals handle his development as a pitcher.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Adam Mazur went pretty close to what was predicted.
8 rounds in the books.
Cade Obermueller hasn't been selected.
Peyton Williams hasn't been selected. EDIT: My search was faulty. Williams went Round 7 - Pick 218.
Keaton Anthony hasn't been selected.

EDIT #2: Padres love the Hawkeyes. Dylan Nedved - Round 9, Pick 270.

Last edited:
Can someone remind me about the MLB draft rules?
I seem to recall that - if a player is drafted, any signing bonus to that player counts against a particular team's allotted draft budget . . . BUT . . . if a player is undrafted, a team can agree to any type of signing bonus with player and it doesn't count against the draft budget.
Is that right?

If so, Keaton Anthony may want to be an undrafted free agent. He may actually be able to sign for more than late "slot" money.

Can someone remind me about the MLB draft rules?
I seem to recall that - if a player is drafted, any signing bonus to that player counts against a particular team's allotted draft budget . . . BUT . . . if a player is undrafted, a team can agree to any type of signing bonus with player and it doesn't count against the draft budget.
Is that right?

If so, Keaton Anthony may want to be an undrafted free agent. He may actually be able to sign for more than late "slot" money.
There is no max signing bonus but if they sign for greater than 125K it counts against the draft pool.

Reactions: AuroraHawk
ADVERTISEMENT