ADVERTISEMENT

Bassett

akaoni

HR All-State
Jan 10, 2013
Iowa City, IA
Always thought this kid would be a great fit for the Hawks, but looks like a strong PSU lean from this pic. Maybe that was always the case...

Yea. Bo Bassett himself has said he wants to be like Spencer and come here. I’ll be more worried when he’s a junior and either isn’t committed or is committed elsewhere.

The kid has posed in like every top-10 room in the land. It’ll be what it’ll be, when it’s gonna be. And put me down in the “gonna need a lot more proof to be another Lee” category.

This rt here. Plus, he was working out with a PSU guy. Show of respect.

Heh, I stand corrected! Frankly, I didn't think he was that young. Don't you need to be 15 or over to compete in cadets?

No idea but it isn’t uncommon for a kid who just finished 8th grade to be 15.

From an Internet search he turns 16 this calendar year, so he's definitely old for just finishing 8th grade.

Though it is standard to turn 16 as a soph, these days many kids turn 16 as a freshmen, calendar year or otherwise. That said, Bassett apparently has a late August birthday which does put him at the oldest of that group.

Irrelevant for freestyle, as noted.

I'm not a father that I know of and I'm in my 40's, so I could very well be a little disconnected, but my opinion is Bo promotes himself just a little too much for being a junior high schooler.......

Reactions: GoHawks1996
I'm not a father that I know of and I'm in my 40's, so I could very well be a little disconnected, but my opinion is Bo promotes himself just a little too much for being a junior high schooler.......
I believe most average kids these days have a fairly active social media presence. Naturally, they post themselves doing things that they are interested in. For Bo, I assume a good bit of it is wrestling-related.

This kind of social media presence is hardly self-promotion. Others have to willfully follow and repost Bo's content. So it's the reposters who are really doing the promoting.

ADVERTISEMENT