ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor vs Kansas - Anyone else watching?

hawks_dg

All-Conference
Nov 16, 2018
Hard not to think how the Hawkeyes would match up against Baylor. Watching Baylor tonight, they are dang tough on Defense. They are smoking Kansas early.

I’d be ok with this. I do think Garza will give them fits and they’d have to double which would open shots up for our shooters. Really would like to see the match up. They do look dang good on defense.

I really dislike Kansas so this game (so far) is not unpleasant.

And Baylor is worth every bit of their #2 ranking.

So the refs just forget about the cylinder rule? Literally swarming and flailing arms each defensive possession. Hands on, not up. Would be very frustrating to play against.

Baylor didn't look like they had a set offense they want to run. It seemed like there was a lot of one-on-one and ball screens, but not much of anything else. Defensively they are really physical, just like Michigan St for the most part.

I was actually impressed by Kansas last night. This is not your typical super talented squad. They battled hard last night in a pretty rowdy environment. Baylor comes hard at you both offensively and defensively. Really wish the Baylor Gonzaga game had not been canceled.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
As one would expect with Kansas vs Baylor, there was a lot of athleticism on the floor.

So the refs just forget about the cylinder rule? Literally swarming and flailing arms each defensive possession. Hands on, not up. Would be very frustrating to play against.
I didn't see the game, but the NCAA and leagues need to establish some consistency on officiating the cylinder rule or toss it out. As Ronman said, Luka often has more than one person in his cylinder at one time, and then we have endure replays when someone gets in the way of his elbows, which have to go somewhere.

Lucky KU banked 3 at the buzzer cost me some change, but I guess a push is better than a loss.

Baylor is by far the best defensive team I have seen this year. And as someone said they don’t run a ton of sets but their entire team can just put you in awkward pick and rolls. If the other team can’t stop you why would you change. Very tough matchup for anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT