ADVERTISEMENT

Be A Teacher In America

You don't think we are seeing mass exodus from the teaching profession and much of that has to do with the relationship change from parents?

And if the majority of parents have a different viewpoint than your own your ok teaching that viewpoint?
LOL...I don't teach "viewpoints". I teach the curriculum. Part of that curriculum includes addressing climate change. I have the freedom to design my lessons to that end. I've gotten feedback from parents claiming it isn't real. I tell them I teach the curriculum. If those parents somehow managed to seize control and rewrite the curriculum to say climate change is a hoax, I might consider leaving. I'm years past my retirement date - I keep doing this because it's important and it's fun.

What REALLY pisses my off is that, in a class of 20, I have 14 students out right now thanks to end of grade testing. :mad:

LOL...I don't teach "viewpoints". I teach the curriculum. Part of that curriculum includes addressing climate change. I have the freedom to design my lessons to that end. I've gotten feedback from parents claiming it isn't real. I tell them I teach the curriculum. If those parents somehow managed to seize control and rewrite the curriculum to say climate change is a hoax, I might consider leaving. I'm years past my retirement date - I keep doing this because it's important and it's fun.

What REALLY pisses my off is that, in a class of 20, I have 14 students out right now thanks to end of grade testing. :mad:
Stronger shape: sphere, triangle, or arc?

This.

Two of my teachers from high school that were long-tenured retired about ten years ago. Both were making almost $100k when they retired living in towns where the average home cost was well under $175k at the time.

Edit - Now that was Iowa. I have family at the Ozarks in Missouri and that is a TOTALLY different deal from a salary standpoint.
O% chance that this is accurate for a base pay

Not gonna lie, I lost a ton of respect for the profession the other day when someone came to me in my personal life and stated teachers were leaving because parents have now gotten MORE involved with schools and curriculum due to covid. I didn't think there was any way this could be true but the belief was shared here as well. If you think you can teach a kid morals better than a parent you are not teaching them, you are indoctranating them and you are taking your ball and going home because you don't have free reign to mind warp children with your personal beliefs.
EL Oh EL

If the parent is crazier than a loon, has not set up any structure or discipline for the child but then wants to dictate what their child should be learning and what is acceptable behavior in the class room you are nuts. The majority of teachers in my district are republican - how the heck are they indoctrinating them and with what. You can't argue both sides saying the teacher are liberal indoctrinating kids and getting involved and being difficult and liberals are the reason education has fallen apart in Iowa, to 90% of school districts are run in Republican counties and have republican teachers. The Ohio law of allowing teachers to have guns would be pointless if 90% of all teachers are liberal, they wouldn't be packing anyway.

EL Oh EL

If the parent is crazier than a loon, has not set up any structure or discipline for the child but then wants to dictate what their child should be learning and what is acceptable behavior in the class room you are nuts. The majority of teachers in my district are republican - how the heck are they indoctrinating them and with what. You can't argue both sides saying the teacher are liberal indoctrinating kids and getting involved and being difficult and liberals are the reason education has fallen apart in Iowa, to 90% of school districts are run in Republican counties and have republican teachers. The Ohio law of allowing teachers to have guns would be pointless if 90% of all teachers are liberal, they wouldn't be packing anyway.
I didn't bring politics into this at all, si.ply said the teacher and the parent had different viewpoints. I then went so far as to ask a viewpoint question in what I believe is the other posters profession.

I didn't bring politics into this at all, si.ply said the teacher and the parent had different viewpoints. I then went so far as to ask a viewpoint question in what I believe is the other posters profession.
You are bringing in politics if you stating they are indoctrinating them - that is a Republican talking point synonymous with CRT.

Reactions: sob5
You are bringing in politics if you stating they are indoctrinating them - that is a Republican talking point synonymous with CRT.
The word indoctrination has been used long before and after political pissing matches. It has a definition, and was used appropriately.

Be a teacher in America

- Overworked
- Underpaid
- Constant anxiety around the possibility of gun violence at your school
- A mass shooting actually occurs
- Many of your students are murdered
- Police go on national TV and blame you, at least in part, for the shooting. Turns out you didn't actually do anything wrong.

Apply now!
Are all liberals giant dipshit drama queens?

Then define what and how teachers are indoctrinating children - I am really interested to hear this LOL

Give me 4 main topics of indoctrination.
Nothing about politics in here:

in·doc·tri·na·tion
/inˌdäktrəˈnāSHən/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

Got any other brain busters?

• Haha

in·doc·tri·na·tion
/inˌdäktrəˈnāSHən/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

Umm . . . . You didn't answer the question for $1000 Alex.

I didn't ask for the definition of indoctrination. I asked for 4 topics that teachers are teaching indoctrination because you said this wasn't political. So I want to know specifically what are the topics that they indoctrination their children. This shouldn't be difficult Whiskey if you believe so heartedly in your beliefs its not political. You are the one that wants to die on this hill.

lets' face it the bashing to support ratio is about 1:1. What I generally find is the people that bash teachers pay usually have jobs and pay they don't like.
THere's no reason to bash teacher pay when the starting salary of a teacher is the same as a 3rd shift night crew person at kwik star. My friend works at kwik star (not a manager) and makes more than a teacher in my district that has a masters and 9 years experience. I don't want to hear about june and july, we are talking about kwik star vs someone with a 4-6 year degree that is teaching our children, not putting skittles on the shelf.
30 years ago it would have been a ration of 30:1 in support.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974

in·doc·tri·na·tion
/inˌdäktrəˈnāSHən/
Learn to pronounce

noun

You really don't understand how things are taught in schools if you think this is what is going on. Neither does the GOP...well, the some of their leaders know, but they know that their base doesn't.

Besides informing people of these events, the entire point of teaching the things Republicans hate to have kids taught is to think about them critically. Something the average GOP'er is completely incapable of doing. I know this because critical thinking requires some introspection and searching for potential flaws in your own argument.

Your numbers seem a bit fd considering how much debt I have and what I went to school for/where I went to school
WTF are you talking about? I just said college was expensive 30 years ago as well as today. I don't know how you got "college is affordable" out of that.

You really don't understand how things are taught in schools if you think this is what is going on. Neither does the GOP...well, the some of their leaders know, but they know that their base doesn't.

Besides informing people of these events, the entire point of teaching the things Republicans hate to have kids taught is to think about them critically. Something the average GOP'er is completely incapable of doing. I know this because critical thinking requires some introspection and searching for potential flaws in your own argument.
There is nothing funnier than listening to a Democrat explain how they are so great and Republicans are incapable of introspection and Critical thinking. Thank you for the laughs.

Umm . . . . You didn't answer the question for $1000 Alex.

I didn't ask for the definition of indoctrination. I asked for 4 topics that teachers are teaching indoctrination because you said this wasn't political. So I want to know specifically what are the topics that they indoctrination their children. This shouldn't be difficult Whiskey if you believe so heartedly in your beliefs its not political. You are the one that wants to die on this hill.
Let me make sure I'm understanding, you want me to.provide 4-5 examples of things being taught in schools, with little to no.acceptance of critical thinking or contradiction that are in no way political?

OK, once I provide said examples, are you willing to.post that you pissed your pants and were wrong?

• Haha
There is nothing funnier than listening to a Democrat explain how they are so great and Republicans are incapable of introspection and Critical thinking. Thank you for the laughs.
It's not funny, it's just sad. And then you continue to demonstrate it post after post after post. You still haven't answered the question you were asked ,by the way.

Let me make sure I'm understanding, you want me to.provide 4-5 examples of things being taught in schools, with little to no.acceptance of critical thinking or contradiction that are in no way political?

OK, once I provide said examples, are you willing to.post that you pissed your pants and were wrong?
You can't come up with 4 solid examples of setting a belief system that isn't accepted. We are not talking about telling the truth, treat others as you should be treated. None of those belief systems are anything that any parent is going to say or disapprove of a teacher indoctrinating- or teaching a child. What are 4 specific examples that parents get upset and would want to get involved with a teacher as you said about indoctrination their child. Go -

If it were so easy you would have posted in that topic or 1/2 an hour ago when I originally posted. We know what topics you are referencing you just want to keep saying its not political.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob5 and Tom Paris
It's amazing reading threads like this. The glaring systemic issues are so obvious, what's more, we have the resources to make a difference, yet as a society we choose to ignore and keep our heads in the sand.

Please show some in this thread, thin skinned whiner. Unless you are agreeing Bulldogs is full of it with his claim.
You're right...this one hasn't been that bad as I look back. Mostly just you at 18 and 37 being a jerk. The low hanging fruit at 63 and 75. God knows what nonsense whiskey is spouting. From the responses to him I sure they are more of the same crap.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
If I provide the examples will you acknowledge you pissed yourself and were wrong?
If they meet might standards if they are bunch of garbage - no, you have now not answered the question that was posted almost an hour ago. For something that you so whole heartedly believe you it sure looks like you have a pile of pooh so far. What are 4 topics for the 4th time, that parents would get upset at a teacher teaching or as you say "indoctrinating" their child that isn't generally accepted belief ect.

If they meet might standards if they are bunch of garbage - no, you have now not answered the question that was posted almost an hour ago. For something that you so whole heartedly believe you it sure looks like you have a pile of pooh so far. What are 4 topics for the 4th time, that parents would get upset at a teacher teaching or as you say "indoctrinating" their child that isn't generally accepted belief ect.
If I meet your standards.... way to prove my point ya dunce.

You're right...this one hasn't been that bad as I look back. Mostly just you at 18 and 37 being a jerk. The low hanging fruit at 63 and 75. God knows what nonsense whiskey is spouting. From the responses to him I sure they are more of the same crap.
So you really have no sense of humor. No wonder you whine so much.

ADVERTISEMENT