ADVERTISEMENT

Be Prepared To Play!!

hawkeyeguy69

HR All-American
Oct 1, 2001
There is no NCAA rule stopping teams from practicing, correct? ALL B1G coaches should have their teams ready to go - NOW.

The players are better off in their football environments vs a classroom with random students. Regardless there are no serious illnesses from covid in this age group. That is not a concern from everything I have read.... Is there a concern for the general public? A little, yes. But that concern comes from the general student body. Not athletes that are constantly monitored and tested.

The B1G ADs need to come together and get their programs moving. Have the logistics planned for all scenarios & start dates. Be prepared to move quickly.... Have all programs be on the ready, NOW. Hate to say it, but do like Harbaugh is doing. They are ready to go. Today. Get all the coaches on the same page, ready to play... Then when/if the presidents finally wake up and smell the coffee, that is - consider this age group and the fact that they are fine, and not spreading to the general public, the B1G could start the next week.

Wishful thinking? I hope not. But the ADs have nothing better to do, other than cut budgets. And the players are eager to go. Might as well as workout, scrimmage, develop & improve.

Reactions: pmtdc and RomanHawk
The NCAA already has rules in place regulating the duration of practice time allowed for schools presently postponing their Fall season - 12 hours per week IIRC. Practice is ongoing AFAIK subject to Covid related stoppage.

True, however KF gave the team this past week off due to increasing numbers of infected players. Not sure if they’ll start up again this week.

Would be great fun to have Michigan play in two weeks... and lose badly.

Yes, agree. They and Netra5hka should play and whoever wins has the inside track on infamy with an undefeated season after one game. Jim should really be Netra5hka’s coach, full on delusional.

The NCAA already has rules in place regulating the duration of practice time allowed for schools presently postponing their Fall season - 12 hours per week IIRC. Practice is ongoing AFAIK subject to Covid related stoppage.
No full pads though.

Before Jim Harbaugh starts to thump his chest saying "we'll be ready to play in 2 weeks", he really needs to go up to the office of his president and convince that administration to play first. Neither of the Michigan schools voted to play and I've heard NOTHING from Michigan that says today that would change. The presidents will decide this whether we like it or not (not). We know President Harrel voted to play. If others want to play, convince your president first then come to the table.

Yeah, if there is ever an actual re-vote and a decision to play this fall, they'll have to have 2-3 weeks minimum of padded practice to get ready. Most coaches would want more than that, especially those haven't been doing workouts recently due to COVID cases (like Iowa).

Last edited:
Politicians are involved now. The heads of the thirteen state universities are put on the spot now.

Regardless there are no serious illnesses from covid in this age group. That is not a concern from everything I have read.... Is there a concern for the general public? A little, yes. But that concern comes from the general student body. Not athletes that are constantly monitored and tested.

Except for this guy: https://www.wthr.com/article/sports...asks/531-c7b79d30-e627-4b42-ad8c-15f7a518b41f

And this guy: https://news.psu.edu/story/624840/2...student-dies-covid-19-complications-allentown

And this guy: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...chool-custodian-dies-after-battle/5470713002/

Need I go on or...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT