ADVERTISEMENT

Beard in the portal

<<according to that twitter guy he reclassified to class of 22 and will be going to college next year>>

That "twitter guy" is often wrong

• Haha
Reactions: el dub

Article says he reclassified. He really doesn't fit at tOSU unless he greyshirts.

Reactions: eb05 and IAChief32

Article says he reclassified. He really doesn't fit at tOSU unless he greyshirts.
Which is his plan at MN next year grey

the problem is the Minnesota won’t get him ready for the mat. other than gable, they haven’t developed anyone. i guess he could go to ohio if he wants to learn how to get ridden.
Actually I’d argue development has been their strong suit - recruiting has been their downfall. Jake Bergeland was an AA who wasn’t ranked inside the top 200 in his class. Bailee O’Reilly was a no name and ranked as high as 12 before he tore his ACL. Pat McKee was ranked in the 30’s as a recruit and placed 3rd and 5th so far at NCAA’s.

Actually I’d argue development has been their strong suit - recruiting has been their downfall. Jake Bergeland was an AA who wasn’t ranked inside the top 200 in his class. Bailee O’Reilly was a no name and ranked as high as 12 before he tore his ACL. Pat McKee was ranked in the 30’s as a recruit and placed 3rd and 5th so far at NCAA’s.

bergeland was good this year. if you are happy with the state of the gopher program than so am i. hope the results keep coming.

• Haha
Reactions: GoHawks1996
bergeland was good this year. if you are happy with the state of the gopher program than so am i. hope the results keep coming.
No, far from happy with it. Like I said, recruiting is their downfall and it’s a significant one. They do a good job developing low recruits. Losing Chittum would be a huge blow.

Reactions: Trapper85 and eb05
Beard and Gavin Hoffman were both can't miss guys their recruiting year. Is Hoffman going to be Jr or Sr next year?
Cause isn't Beard still a true Freshman? I kid...I kid.

That seems reasonable. The Gophs and Clones are not near Glory days, but you gotta keep the faith. Iowa Wrestling is far more enjoyable when these duals were hotly contested can't miss affairs, IMO. I went to a boatload of both over time.

dazjon casto is in the portal. 157 blood round guy last year for citadel who had some nice wins. only 1 year of eligibility remaining.
Interesting. Has only beaten 1 top-18 guy in his career, but it happened to be O'Connor in first round of NCAAs. Not sure he'd make a meaningful difference in the team race, but he'd be more fun to watch in duals than anyone else we have at the weight.

Reactions: el dub
Interesting. Has only beaten 1 top-18 guy in his career, but it happened to be O'Connor in first round of NCAAs. Not sure he'd make a meaningful difference in the team race, but he'd be more fun to watch in duals than anyone else we have at the weight.
Dude looks huge for 57......wonder if he can hold the weight? He wrestled 65 the 3 previous years.

Reactions: TarpHawk
seems like a low risk high reward situation. unless O’Connor hits the portal i doubt there will be any better options available.
O'Connor is staying put and returning next year. He was going to be done after this year

• Sad
Reactions: eb05
ADVERTISEMENT