ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Game @ Soldier Field

chalupa81

HR All-State
Apr 14, 2005
Waukee, Iowa
Going to take my son to the game on 12/24 and I have never been before. Anyone have any recommendations to park (we are driving in and out) and to sit at the game?

Few years ago we parked in the underground Millennium Park parking garage and they had busses (school busses) that took you to
Solider Field for free and back. Maybe look into that

To get down there you could easily get on the L Purple line at Wilmette/Evanston and take it to the Red Line at Howard station. From there take the Red Line to Grand station which takes you right downtown to N.Michigan Avenue area which is less than a mile from Navy Pier. From there you could Uber or bus to Soldier Field.

Costs $4 for 24 hour parking at the Purple Linden station and $5 per person for an all day L train ticket. Bus would probably cost $1 per person each way.

May sound complicated but as long as you do a little research and learn the process it really isn't that hard to get around with the public transportation in Chicago. Plus it's a lot cheaper and minimizes the headache of driving downtown.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ihawk in FWB
buy a pass on the secondary market for the waldron lot or since you're driving home, i assume there's no tailgating and you could park under mccormick place.

soldier field is the most inconvenient place for public transit in the entire city

ADVERTISEMENT