ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Living in Iowa.....

cubshare.jpg

This bear was spotted a few miles from my parents house. I will be passing through today on my way trout fishing. Last spring my mom saw a sow and cub. I think there are several bears in NE Iowa. There was one west of Cresco that was around for a couple months last year as well.
Didn’t some people have issues with bears messing up their beehives a few years back up around Clayton county? Maybe I’m making that up but I thought I remembered something like that happening.

Reactions: CadetHawk
This bear was spotted a few miles from my parents house. I will be passing through today on my way trout fishing. Last spring my mom saw a sow and cub. I think there are several bears in NE Iowa. There was one west of Cresco that was around for a couple months last year as well.
What Streams? I hear the river is too high to get out on, but that the streams are running clear. Be careful, the frost is still deep and you can take some nasty spills when only that top inch or two is thawed!

This is some neat stuff. Hope stick around.
The Otters are back in NE Iowa in a big way too. Which is good, because it indicates good water quality. This is why the Upper Iowa is not as good of a Bass river as it once was. Damn things kill for fun.

What Streams? I hear the river is too high to get out on, but that the streams are running clear. Be careful, the frost is still deep and you can take some nasty spills when only that top inch or two is thawed!

I fished Coldwater today. I would have preferred to fish the Upper Iowa, but rain clipped the western part of the watershed and it muddied up too much. Hopefully it clears up so I can fish it tomorrow.

The Otters are back in NE Iowa in a big way too. Which is good, because it indicates good water quality. This is why the Upper Iowa is not as good of a Bass river as it once was. Damn things kill for fun.

In the late eighties and early nineties the IDNR would trap turkeys and trade them with Texas for otters. When my dad died (89) we donated money to the DNR and requested it be used on the Upper Iowa. They sent me a certificate saying I adopted an otter. Now I am regretting that. They will devastate a fishery. I know where there is a den on the Upper Iowa and I should shoot them.

I fished Coldwater today. I would have preferred to fish the Upper Iowa, but rain clipped the western part of the watershed and it muddied up too much. Hopefully it clears up so I can fish it tomorrow.

In the late eighties and early nineties the IDNR would trap turkeys and trade them with Texas for otters. When my dad died (89) we donated money to the DNR and requested it be used on the Upper Iowa. They sent me a certificate saying I adopted an otter. Now I am regretting that. They will devastate a fishery. I know where there is a den on the Upper Iowa and I should shoot them.
They give you a picture of your otter?
How could you shoot you own?

They give you a picture of your otter?
How could you shoot you own?

No picture.

Iron sites I line up the back sites, then bring the front post into alignment. All while doing this I control my breathing then gently squeeze the trigger while exhaling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT