ADVERTISEMENT

Bears vs Pats

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
NE -8.5
O/U 40

SERIES NOTES: The Patriots have won the past five matchups. Chicago is 0-2 in its only two trips to Gillette Stadium. The lone playoff game between the teams was the Bears’ 46-10 rout in Super Bowl 20. Since then, New England has won eight of the past nine meetings. Chicago is one of three teams New England is undefeated against at home during the regular season. The Patriots are 4-0 against the Bears, 5-0 against Houston and 5-0 against Jacksonville.

STATS AND STUFF: The Bears have three straight losses by a combined 20 points. ... The Bears had their second-highest rushing total last week with 238 yards. Though Fields had 88 of them, Khalil Herbert had a 64-yard run and David Montgomery carried 15 times for 67 yards. ... Chicago ranks 28th in red zone efficiency at 46.7% after going 0 for 3 for the second time in three games. Last week, the Bears became the first team in 23 years to fail to score on at least three goal-to-go drives in a single game. Cincinnati had four such drives in a 22-0 loss to Baltimore on Dec. 26, 1999. ... Herbert is averaging 6.4 yards per carry — tops among NFL running backs. It’s the second-highest average by a Bears RB through Weeks 1-6 since the start of the 1970 season. In 1972, Bobby Douglass averaged 7.7 per attempt with 475 yards on 62 carries. ... Rookie DB Jaquan Brisker had his second sack last week. … With 324 wins (including playoffs), Patriots coach Bill Belichick is tied with Bears founder and former coach George Halas for the second-most wins by a head coach in NFL history, trailing only Don Shula (347). Belichick can take sole possession of second place with a victory Monday. ... Belichick is also tied with Shula (Miami) for the most victories (257) with one team. Halas also tops that list with 318. ... Mac Jones has a passer rating of 95-plus in three of his past four starts against NFC opponents. … QB Bailey Zappe completed 24 of 34 passes for 309 yards, two TDs and no INTs for a 118.4 rating last week against Cleveland. The performance put him alongside Dan Marino (1983) and Andy Dalton (2011) as the only rookies in the Super Bowl era with a 100-plus rating in each of their first two starts. ... Five different Patriots have a receiving TD this season. ... LB Matt Judon is tied for second in the NFL with six sacks. ... CB Jalen Mills has two INTs and needs one more this season to match the career high he set in 2017 with Philadelphia. ... DL Deatrich Wise matched his career high with his fifth sack last week. ... S Devin McCourty is one of four active players with at least 30 interceptions (31). He trails only Baltimore’s Marcus Peters (32) for the most by an active player.

NFL has shit the bed with Thursday and Monday night games lately.

I’ll take the Bears +8.5

Reactions: lucas80
I like the slight change in the offensive line. Time to get Patrick in at center, the position he was brought in to play.

NFL has shit the bed with Thursday and Monday night games lately.

I’ll take the Bears +8.5
Keep in mind that the NFL clearly had this one earmarked as the game where Belichick might pass Hala on the career wins list.

The game is being simulcast on WGN in the Chicago market, which is appropriate.

Let’s see if Fields can connect with bucket #2 tonight.

I8T7kP.gif

On a side note, the Trump Dick lickers are triggered because Obama is on the Manningcast tonight! But dey not Woke lolololololololll

Nice drive by da bears!!!

but I’m afraid we left too much time and are gonna get ZAPPE’d

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT