ADVERTISEMENT

Bears vs Pats

Fields has amazing plays

and then stupid ones
Yep. This year is about getting him reps and learning the new offense. Then, the offseason needs to be about getting him some protection and weapons.
Pretty good half all in all.

Reactions: torbee
Yep. This year is about getting him reps and learning the new offense. Then, the offseason needs to be about getting him some protection and weapons.
Pretty good half all in all.

Get this kid a blocker, a receiver, bring Montgomery back and we might just have something. Will have like 120 million in cap space (i think i heard that right) so you can spend on something. Roquan and a pass rusher? Like the young secondary.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
8ee12ab3e9425203459b8e5f77fa949b.jpg

This Ferentz guy at center for the Pats….looks like he has a great offensive mind….Kirk should look at him for OC!

• Haha
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
How bout those Bears. Good coach, Good QB. Gonna be a big offseason
This truly is a ragtag bunch on offense. Sign a WR and OL, draft a few, and see what happens. I’m really impressed with Getsy, I kinda feel like we may have ended up with the smartest coach from the Packers’ offensive staff.

I hope they explore trades for Quinn; he’s 32 and due to be owed a LOT of money. I won’t hate it if they can’t move him, but aging DE’s aren’t a great use of cap space.

Reactions: Bro D
This truly is a ragtag bunch on offense. Sign a WR and OL, draft a few, and see what happens. I’m really impressed with Getsy, I kinda feel like we may have ended up with the smartest coach from the Packers’ offensive staff.

I hope they explore trades for Quinn; he’s 32 and due to be owed a LOT of money. I won’t hate it if they can’t move him, but aging DE’s aren’t a great use of cap space.
The one thing I have loved from the Eberfluss staff as a whole, so far, is how much more organized and disciplined they have the team. Yeah, it's a little short on pure talent and has young players making mistakes. But they actually seem to have everyone on the same page and pulling in the same direction much better than under the past three regimes.

I hope it continues.

The one thing I have loved from the Eberfluss staff as a whole, so far, is how much more organized and disciplined they have the team. Yeah, it's a little short on pure talent and has young players making mistakes. But they actually seem to have everyone on the same page and pulling in the same direction much better than under the past three regimes.

I hope it continues.
It is so refreshing to have adults coaching us instead of that dingbat Nagy. I don't need our head coach with his head in a playbook.. give me somebody who commands respect and is a General of the team and trusts the coaches around him.

WR in the first round, Jack Campbell in the second. SIgn a WR (Lockett?) and an OL or two.. all of a sudden, the team looks legit.

I trust Poles to be smart. Was happy he didn't buckle to outside pressure of throwing money at positional players in a re-building year. Imagine if they brought back ARob? Yikes

I hope it continues.
Eberflus is a HC, and not a head OC with rotating DCs. He has preached discipline in fundamentals and accountability. It's refreshing to see.

It's interesting that the o-line is so maligned, and yet they have shown great improvement in the running game this year. Many said that they'd have to run the ball to keep Fields healthy. Well, turns out they are good at running the ball. 200+ on the ground last year. And, there is significant room for improvement on the line. Braxton Jones has a lot of promise, but he's young. I don't know what Borom is, yet. He just doesn't seem like a tackle in the NFL. Jenkins has been better in flashes. He's a bust as a 2nd round tackle, but he might become a solid guard. They took a bunch of depth guys down in the draft, but drafting large numbers isn't the same as drafting good players.
They are going to have to invest in the o-line again in the 2023 draft, and at WR. They desperately need a guy who can stretch the field.

I'm not so sure Jenkins and Borom aren't playing each other's future positions. We'll see but Jenkins looks a bit more mobile and athletic and Borom looks like he's be better in tight space. Liked what I saw out of Braxton Jones last night but he also wasn't going against a top pass rusher.
Give me a WR, D END, and MLB in rds 1-3 next year and one more WR and OL in free agency and we're cooking.
Bear the F down!

I like listening to The Score after a Bears victory when most of their on air talent gloated about a looming loss Monday. Funny to listen to Dan Bernstine break out the rah rah.

Reactions: Bro D and torbee
I like listening to The Score after a Bears victory when most of their on air talent gloated about a looming loss Monday. Funny to listen to Dan Bernstine break out the rah rah.
Morning and mid-day shows are awful these days. So much negativity in the morning, so much douchebaggery in the mid-day

F

For only a 4th Round pick? Geez. Someone smarter than me about NFL roster construction (literally almost anyone) explain how this helps the Bears' rebuilding plans. Just clearing cap space or something?
Probably could have gotten a 3rd for him in the offseason.. but I'm not surprised at all he was shipped out ahead of the deadline. Good for him to go to a contender and good on the Bears to get another pick.. just have to hope they're high on Robinson and Gipson to replace him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT