ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Stephens

RLMHAWK

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2010
He was helped off the field early in the game Saturday, with what appeared to be a head injury. I don't recall that he played again. Is he going to be able to play at Minnesota? Are the two deeps out yet ? Any body know?

He was helped off the field early in the game Saturday, with what appeared to be a head injury. I don't recall that he played again. Is he going to be able to play at Minnesota? Are the two deeps out yet ? Any body know?
I expect that KF will give a team injury report at tomorrow's press conference.

Postgame presser:

Q. A couple offensive linemen got banged up; what the latest with Stephens and Plumb?

KIRK FERENTZ: Yeah, I think Jack is OK. I think he is. And Stephens, he came out and couldn't go back in, so we'll see. We'll know Tuesday probably.

Reactions: BBHawk
Ferentz's press conferences are not nearly as hard to follow as Eisenhower's syntax, but they still leave a lot to be desired in terms of info.

but reading between the lines, we are out one of our top O-lineman for the rest of the year.

He had a hell of a helment-to-helmet collision with a Wisky LB. To me it looked like he recognized the collision coming just a split second too late and took the brunt of it with his front facemask/forehead and his head snapped back quite a bit. Two big dudes meeting full speed in the hole. I suspect a concussion that could be challenging to predict timing of a return.

Reactions: hawkhockey
He had a hell of a helment-to-helmet collision with a Wisky LB. To me it looked like he recognized the collision coming just a split second too late and took the brunt of it with his front facemask/forehead and his head snapped back quite a bit. Two big dudes meeting full speed in the hole. I suspect a concussion that could be challenging to predict timing of a return.
That was a weird injury. I watched it a couple of times and it looked like nothing but then a few seconds after the play was over he went down on a knee. Had to be some kind of concussion thing.

Ferentz's press conferences are not nearly as hard to follow as Eisenhower's syntax, but they still leave a lot to be desired in terms of info.

but reading between the lines, we are out one of our top O-lineman for the rest of the year.
In that sense, Eisenhower was a role model for Biden.

I thought maybe het got hit in the marbles they way he stayed on his hands and knees on the field while they attended to him. They didn't do anything with his neck and never really did anything there on the field with him. He rested for a while and got up and walked off. I assumed it was an old fashioned mid section hit. Don't think they showed it on the big screen what happened.

I thought maybe het got hit in the marbles they way he stayed on his hands and knees on the field while they attended to him. They didn't do anything with his neck and never really did anything there on the field with him. He rested for a while and got up and walked off. I assumed it was an old fashioned mid section hit. Don't think they showed it on the big screen what happened.
The trainers were definitely massaging the back of his neck while he was down on all fours.

I hope maybe just a neck strain with a bit of dizziness/whiplash and no concussion or serious injury.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Postgame presser:

Q. A couple offensive linemen got banged up; what the latest with Stephens and Plumb?

KIRK FERENTZ: Yeah, I think Jack is OK. I think he is. And Stephens, he came out and couldn't go back in, so we'll see. We'll know Tuesday probably.
Banged up from tripping over there own feet! I think they wear blinders with no lateral sight possible

Dochterman tweet from today's presser:

Ferentz says WR Arland Bruce IV has a chance to get back and has practiced. Guard Beau Stephens is “questionable at best.”

I think Stephens has a chance to be really good. Has that mean streak and drive that I like to see on the field....has cost us a couple of personal fouls though!

Reactions: hawkhockey
I think Stephens has a chance to be really good. Has that mean streak and drive that I like to see on the field....has cost us a couple of personal fouls though!
I agree with this. He is athletic and quick for interior OL. He has made some mistakes and will make more but most are due to inexperience. As stayed, I also think there is some real piss and vinegar there as well, something guards and tackles have been missing at Iowa since Scherff.

how big of a loss is he going to be Saturday v. Minnesota? I would think substantial. the o-line was kind of a sieve against Wisconsin, and this injury only exacerbates it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT