ADVERTISEMENT

Because the Grift is forever : Right wingers repackage old android to sell as "Freedom Phone"

$500 for a $120 phone.
People are dumb.

But you get access to the FreedomOS and the PatriApp App Store. Plus - your data, your rules with Trust. I think you’re missing out on the game changing implications of this bastion of freedom tech!

Has anyone’s arrived yet? @freedomlovinghrotersoneandall

Reactions: Torg
Great idea. Capture 5% of that base 30% and they will have a booming business. Likely with a huge return as the phones look like refurbished androids from a couple of years ago.

Have to assume all the Parler people are already signing up, son of a gun I wish I had thought about a damn freedom phone.

Reactions: artradley
Oh, wait....who was the guy who sent in $$ for the Border Wall, then doubled down after people pointed out that Bannon and his buddies spent all their money on yacht parties?

That guy MIGHT get one before coloradonoles, but it'll be a tight race IMO.

...until everyone using it downloads Google, Facebook, etc.

giphy.gif

I prefer the Apple App Store because of all the restrictions. I know I won’t accidentally download an app that will load my phone with garbage, viruses, malware, and so forth.

A completely unregulated App Store on a dated technology platform… sounds like a nightmare. Wouldn’t recommend using any banking, cryptocurrency, work, e-mail, or other important apps on that thing.

...until everyone using it downloads Google, Facebook, etc.

giphy.gif
Bigger issue is that Google and Apple have control on their respective app stores.

You can't argue that someone bitching about Facebook should just make their own social media app, and then ban it for the 99% of market share that Android and Apple hold.

This steps more toward what Android was supposed to be when it came out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Did you hear that someone from the government has been reading public comments posted on Facebook and telling Facebook they should be removed?
No respect for freedom of speech!

They should be banned.

The important point you are missing is I don't see where she's stating "the government" should be the entity banning them.

They should be banned.

The important point you are missing is I don't see where she's stating "the government" should be the entity banning them.
Then why is "the government" sending lists to these companies of posts and posters to censor?
You can't pretend they're not driving this when they declare to the world that they are.

Well, you can, but you're special.

• Haha
They should be banned.

Of course the government shouldn't be, but should the government be making recommendation(s) that private entities should either?

Last edited:
  • Haha
And you think it's a role of the "the government" to request censorship?

There is no reason that ANYONE should be precluded from reporting disinformation that is dangerous propaganda to the social media platform admins. Whether they are employed by "the government" or by anyone else.

There is no reason that ANYONE should be precluded from reporting disinformation that is dangerous propaganda to the social media platform admins. Whether they are employed by "the government" or by anyone else.
Joes Place wants "the government" to report posts and posters for censorship.
We get it.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Joes Place wants "the government" to report posts and posters for censorship.
We get it.
No

I don't want "the government" explicitly excluded from doing so.
None of those social media outlets restrict "government employees" from reporting content.

The government should NOT be telling them to "ban this....or else...."
But there is nothing improper with reporting it.

No

None of those social media outlets restrict "government employees" from reporting content.

But there is nothing improper with reporting it.
Yeah…we should definitely let the people handling the treasury with the ability to grant any wish possible, influence public message boards and information. I’m sure you would have been all for Trump “suggesting” all kinds of things to these CEO’s, just before handing out treats for compliance.

• Haha
No

Yes, you don’t want “the government” excluded from doing so because you want them to do so. You‘ve already said it. We get it.

These “government employees“ are not requesting censorship on their own time. Psaki made that clear.
We can safely assume you are simply naive regarding the amount of power the government has over these companies.

“Nice little acquisition you’re planning there, would be a shame if it wasn’t approved. Oh, we think you should censor these posts and posters from the internet, but you don’t have to. You decide if you want to make us unhappy with you or not.“

Yes, you don’t want “the government” excluded from doing so because you want them to do so. You‘ve already said it. We get it.
No

I don't want them excluded from reporting inappropriate/dangerous content.
That is not "government censorship".

No

I don't want them excluded from reporting inappropriate/dangerous content.
That is not "government censorship".
You want the GOP weighing in about misinformation on climate, immigration, trans folk and elections. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT