ADVERTISEMENT

Belmont/ UCLA

200w.gif

Belmont is a solid program, but you are UCLA! C'mon.

Please never leave Steve. Wildcat fans love him. He lost his best recruiter (D. Grace) recently, so the only thing keeping him around is going to decline. Will be sad to see him go. ;)

He needs to hire an assistant that can coach. I can remember Craig Neal running the timeouts and working up the plays etc....

I've been a die-hard for 40 years. Only one former Hawkeye coach sits atop my list of people I will never root for ... and that is Boy Wonder. I met him a few times when I was part of the local I-Club board. He met every one of my expectations (not in a good way).

Losing at home to Belmont ... Yeah, you don't do that if you are UCLA ... When Boy Wonder got hired I gave him 3 years tops ... He's just doesn't live up to the "perception" of being a good coach ... He was successful at New Mexico ... But, that was "New Mexico." ... He's sort of the Lane Kiffin of basketball ... somehow he gets better gigs and I don't know how ...

Last edited:
Our boy Alford lost a tough one yesterday. Always brings a smile to see him lose. The seat his getting warm so expect him to bolt after the year before he gets the ax.

And in before someone complains about another Alford post.

Steve Alford still owns your brain 11 years after he left Iowa. Impressive.

I've been a die-hard for 40 years. Only one former Hawkeye coach sits atop my list of people I will never root for ... and that is Boy Wonder. I met him a few times when I was part of the local I-Club board. He met every one of my expectations (not in a good way).

Losing at home to Belmont ... Yeah, you don't do that if you are UCLA ... When Boy Wonder got hired I gave him 3 years tops ... He's just doesn't live up to the "perception" of being a good coach ... He was successful at New Mexico ... But, that was "New Mexico." ... He's sort of the Lane Kiffin of basketball ... somehow he gets better gigs and I don't know how ...
licklighter was a disaster as a coach. But, I never heard a bad thing about him personally or how he acted in the IC community.

I was informed of multiple incidents, by reliable individuals, of alford's douchey behavior during his time at Iowa.

He was a tool and while I don't pay any particular attention to him after leaving Iowa, any time he face plants is good as far as I'm concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT