ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Kueter taking a 10 Month Break from Football

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
GPL1C8RXgAAy-nB

were we counting on him for depth this year? can’t blame him for making the choice but it probably does make it harder for him to reach his max fb potential. even campbell needed a couple years to become a force

It's a good move for him. I like the 3 LB's we got from in state in the last class. I think it's obvious his highest ceiling is in wrestling.

I thought after this wrestling season if he continued to do football the best course of action was to move him to DL so he could be allowed to carry more weight for HWT.

Let's see, 10 months from now is after the football season. If he's going to focus 100% on wrestling. And he's thanking football players and coaches.

It certainly seems clear to me that he's not going to be on the football team.

What does he weigh now? Is he going to wrestle heavy weight?

Should be off football schollie.
Why should this be considered anything other than a red shirt type of deal? Quite frankly they probably want him to put on more weight anyway IF they are transitioning him to defensive end. It's not like he is going to be sitting idle.

Agree with others above that it seems likely he's probably done with football. Stepping away for that length of time and focusing on wrestling it will be a tough return to football to be competitive on the depth chart. Not impossible, but returning to a point to get meaningful playing time isn't likely.

Why should this be considered anything other than a red shirt type of deal? Quite frankly they probably want him to put on more weight anyway IF they are transitioning him to defensive end. It's not like he is going to be sitting idle.
Because he is not taking part in any football team activities at all.

He still has 4 years left of football. He'll be getting closer to DE weight by spring, and I think he'll be a pass rusher on 3rd downs fall 2025 as he works toward being able to play DE as a full-time started fall 2026.

NCAA wrestling finalist 2025
NCAA wrestling champ 2026
(mission accomplished)
…….
Big Ten DE HM 2026
Big Ten 1st team DE 2027

2nd Rd NFL draft 2028 (Chicago Bears!)

Take him off the football roster. Move on entirely.
So Gable Steveson, an Olympic Gold Medal wrestler just got signed by the Buffalo Bills having never played football. This gave Keuter the hope that his wrestling accomplishments plus football background will always allow him the option to get back to football down the road. He just won the U23 National Championships and has qualified to represent the USA at Worlds in September. He won the same World Championships a few years back as a U20 representative. He is on the trajectory to be an Olympic wrestler, or contend for the spot in 2028. In order to do well in September he'll have to commit full time. And, as a 2 sport athlete the money in football probably pulled him in that direction. With NIL, he is probably making some pretty good money to give up football.....This is all my guess. I think he'll reevaluate with all coaches after the tournament in September. I'm not sure how good he is at football but he's a hell of a wrestler. Wresters are being pulled from the portal to fill a 1-year role for 250-500k right now. With 4 years remaining, he's certainly a million dollar wrestler. I'm asking seriously, is he a millon dollar football player. If he doesnt go to the NFL in the first 3 rounds, the Gable Steveson sorry is certainly influential...

Maybe he'll find himself to be a damn good lineman one day with his balance, speed and hand fighting ability. I certainly wouldnt want to be the quarterback if he is rushing off the edge at 270lbs. And most think he has the frame to be that big. Playing 2 sports and being an LB has probably prevented him from putting on needed weight

Reactions: intrepodor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT