ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Sasse: QAnon is destroying the GOP from within

He has been talking about it since November but he was pretty loyal until then. He blasted Trump for his lies in a call with donors since November that got released. He seems to think GOP is in trouble with millennials and now Z after they did so well with X and the GOP is going to pay for the shenanigans unless they alter course.

At least it's not Pepsi destroying the GOP...

I did a word search for Sasse and didn't see it. Put the damned author in the title.

I just thought it noteworthy that he got the opinion out there in a major news outlet.

giphy.gif

Reactions: torbee
He has been talking about it since November but he was pretty loyal until then. He blasted Trump for his lies in a call with donors since November that got released. He seems to think GOP is in trouble with millennials and now Z after they did so well with X and the GOP is going to pay for the shenanigans unless they alter course.

I could see that.

The few younger republicans I know certainly don't like Trump. A nice distinction might be those that went with the election conspiracy and those that didn't. It may well be that younger people growing up digital information world are better at navigating it and not latching on to complete bullshit. I'd be interested to see that question studied in more detail. The Ben Shapiro conservative crowd -- which runs a lot younger -- certainly didn't play that game.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Nah - it’s always easier to blame the boogeyman. Lack of leadership in the GOP—replaced by stary -eyed ladder climbers like Cruz/Hawley/Gaetz or dullards like McCarthy/Jordan/Gohmert—destroyed the GOP

“Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” -- Ben Kenobi

I like Sasse.

I like him from the perspective of actually calling out the republican party on some of their big fat issues. Obviously he was way too much party-over-country until recently. And some of his argument in the article is rather weakish whataboutism, but... it's a start...

Sasse was more than happy to take their votes in November, and he accepted Trump’s support knowing full well who that brought to the party.
He is desperately trying to rewrite his role in history to make him look more palatable for 2024.

Reactions: dirtypool
I like him from the perspective of actually calling out the republican party on some of their big fat issues. Obviously he was way too much party-over-country until recently. And some of his argument in the article is rather weakish whataboutism, but... it's a start...
I found his debate/remarks when certification resumed on 1/6 to be profound and encouraging. His essay is encouraging and he is dead balls on about making choices, now. There are a LOT of brainwashed people out there that I didn't take as seriously as I should have. They just seemed adorable thinking there is a man named Q exposing a pedophile sex ring, stupid, and gullible. Kind of like OiT. But they are obviously real threats and more numerous than I had imagined. I know at least one of them from my days in AFROTC, and he is an absolute kook. Sasse is willing/insisting we shine a bright light on all of it/them and make choices. He should be applauded.

My feeling on Sasse is he's right now and I don't see any Democrat winning in Nebraska anytime soon. So better he speak up and keep doing it and hopefully Nebraska Republican voters follow his lead and Nebraska Trumpers come around or take a hike. The more likely alternative to some Nebraska Democrat unseating him is him getting a primary challenge from someone who wants the party to be the party of Trump still and that person replacing him in the Senate. So I'll STFU and let him write letters like this to Republicans. He barely blamed Democrats at all in that - that is a major improvement over something you might read or see on newsmax.

I wish Joni Ernst had his sense and/or courage. Grassley too, but he'll be gone soon so it's too late to matter there.

My feeling on Sasse is he's right now and I don't see any Democrat winning in Nebraska anytime soon. So better he speak up and keep doing it and hopefully Nebraska Republican voters follow his lead and Nebraska Trumpers come around or take a hike. The more likely alternative to some Nebraska Democrat unseating him is him getting a primary challenge from someone who wants the party to be the party of Trump still and that person replacing him in the Senate. So I'll STFU and let him write letters like this to Republicans. He barely blamed Democrats at all in that - that is a major improvement over something you might read or see on newsmax.

I wish Joni Ernst had his sense and/or courage. Grassley too, but he'll be gone soon so it's too late to matter there.

I just noticed your pic. Nice Legion of Skanks logo.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
ADVERTISEMENT