ADVERTISEMENT

Berge back for PSU

Cael not waiting to start his next run of domination.
I suspect he caught wind of this thread ..

and figured he better do something to try to keep the wheels on. If this works, blame Ironbird.

undercutting all the other kids he has at those weights!! He under cut beard too. Win by all means. He’s a total douche. He hates losing I get it but damn. Hopefully his kids see what he does if things don’t go his way. Over recruit!!! Not loyal to anyone!!
Maybe explain that to some Iowa wrestlers at 133 and 141. Throw in a chapter on PD3 too.

undercutting all the other kids he has at those weights!! He under cut beard too. Win by all means. He’s a total douche. He hates losing I get it but damn. Hopefully his kids see what he does if things don’t go his way. Over recruit!!! Not loyal to anyone!!
🤣🤣 So a kid Cael recruited very heavily decides to come back from an injury and reclaim his spot on the team makes Cael a douche…. Got it. I’d say Tom Brands followed your “win by all means” strategy when he ran Spencer Lee out last year with 2 blown knees so Iowa could win your ONE title in 15 years.

Maybe explain that to some Iowa wrestlers at 133 and 141. Throw in a chapter on PD3 too.
We had nothing at 133 enter desanto. 141 we were good with murin and lugo graduating. And pd3 never even wrestled a match

Reactions: Spoons
Eh. Berge has already been with the program so it’s not like he’s bringing in some outside mercenary type kid, and those other kids at 157 haven’t been performing well. Ybarra is a highly rated recruit, he’s not performing, people want to see Ayala. Happens everywhere.

🤣🤣 So a kid Cael recruited very heavily decides to come back from an injury and reclaim his spot on the team makes Cael a douche…. Got it. I’d say Tom Brands followed your “win by all means” strategy when he ran Spencer Lee out last year with 2 blown knees so Iowa could win your ONE title in 15 years.
He retired and started coaching. Making money coaching!!

Actually if COVID didn’t happen would have been 2!!

Kid and motley are psu fans who need to come here and be happy when Iowa is going through some times. Loser mentality for people who never new penn st was even a team until Bael got there. Like there fanbase. That’s facts!!

I use to go to psu matches due to me being on the east coast and not to far away. They didn’t have all these so called fans. Be lucky to have 2000 in the stands. That’s facts. After Beal now the have thousands. That’s facts.

If Iowa had Tony Negron, Joe Lee and T Barraclough at 157 this year, you'd be upset if Brands brought in someone to compete for their spot?

I hope Brands thinks just like you. I also hope he coaches another 20 years.
Again you are a now fan. Probably weren’t before!!!

This doesn't make Carl a douche. He has been for a long time. I'm guessing he had this in the works prior to Spencer being done but it lost it's gotcha effect on the team race.

childish to keep doing the over recruiting schtick. cael is doing his job. hawks recruit over guys all the time, as they should. and i’m not sure berge counts anyway. he gave four years to that program already.
He was a coach for a college two minutes ago!!

There is no way they are not trying to get someone at 165 somehow too.

With the current rule set there is no doubt any relative hole they are going to be actively recruiting until the last day you can add classes at PSU from here on out
I think the guy would sell some family members if it helped him win.

Good question. I think its a fair question. One I think was posed about Suriano returning after being paid at an RTC.
agreed. would be the Wild West if schools could pay an athlete to coach during a redshirt year or something.

Ok I hear ya cluckin big chicken. Not a lot a cock-a in your doddle-do. Spencer made that decision with his parents, medical staff and coaches. This is a feeble attempt at responding to a coach who recruits over his guys, if this is explained to them up front, then cool.
Spencer Lee is hands off, pun intended.

so? cael had a hole at 157 and got the best guy he could get his hands on. i’d want brands to do the same. on this board we were literally discussing 157 transfers for us next year like yesterday!
You guys can have Joe Lee and Barraclaw to fill your hole at 157 next year. We’ll keep Negron to limp through until Shapiro is ready in 2024

so? cael had a hole at 157 and got the best guy he could get his hands on. i’d want brands to do the same. on this board we were literally discussing 157 transfers for us next year like yesterday!
I don't want us to get the best guy we can get our hands on if we have to resort to their standards and I'm not referring specifically to this case.

You guys can have Joe Lee and Barraclaw to fill your hole at 157 next year. We’ll keep Negron to limp through until Shapiro is ready in 2024
Iowa don’t need neither of them two!! For a fan y’all give up on kids proving my point. Over recruit!! See how it works

ADVERTISEMENT