ADVERTISEMENT

Berge back for PSU

The psu fans know what it is when I say 2000 was their max back in the day. Beal gets there now the have thousands of fans!!! I was there when Sutherland was the coach. Now this we are bullshit is ridiculous. Win a couple title and here comes the ban wagons fans like the one that show up here. Atleast act like you know what it is.

so you’re saying Cael has had a much more profound effect on PSU wrestling than the Brands brothers have had at Iowa? I think we’re all on board on that.

Reactions: nitlion6
🤣🤣 So a kid Cael recruited very heavily decides to come back from an injury and reclaim his spot on the team makes Cael a douche…. Got it. I’d say Tom Brands followed your “win by all means” strategy when he ran Spencer Lee out last year with 2 blown knees so Iowa could win your ONE title in 15 years.
Actually, 15 years goes back to 2008 and Iowa has won 4 national championships in that period not counting 2020.

I think Kaleb placed 7th that year and Berge defaulted out of tourney, yeah? If Kaleb can pull head from ass 57 could be about a wash this year.

I guess the idea of being part of a team title outweighs the the risk of CTE, best of luck to Berge.
Hey Red! I rarely visit HR, but, when I do it’s always revealing. Knowledgable wrestling fans are perfectly enhanced by classy posts like yours. See yeah in Detroit. It’s gonna be fun.

should remind people that berge didn’t retire because of the concussion. he was completely fine last year in that regard. it was the knee injury at ncaa’s. i think it was the accumulation of injuries and i wouldn’t be surprised if his body is feeling much better after 9 months of not training for competition. how it will hold up after returning to the fire is a question, but it’s been two years since his concussion issues.

imagining a round robin between young, berge, and brayton lee and my face melting off like the guy in raiders of the lost ark.
Personally, I think Lee has separated himself from Young. Berge just has the ability to keep it close with anyone.

Lee is clearly the Goph's 2nd best guy.

should remind people that berge didn’t retire because of the concussion. he was completely fine last year in that regard. it was the knee injury at ncaa’s. i think it was the accumulation of injuries and i wouldn’t be surprised if his body is feeling much better after 9 months of not training for competition. how it will hold up after returning to the fire is a question, but it’s been two years since his concussion issues.
This is true and I agree but sustaining additional head injuries is a massive risk.

Disclaimer: I am not a neurologist.

Personally, I think Lee has separated himself from Young. Berge just has the ability to keep it close with anyone.

Lee is clearly the Goph's 2nd best guy.
i think that’s definitely possible. he looked great against sheets but has still had some close ones with others. of the 3, he’s the one with the best offensive capability.

Reactions: Trapper85
I looked it up. Berge scored 1.5 points in 2019 and 2.5 last year. Not going to make a difference in the team race so it’s a non-event to me.
Maybe he got better in the SDSU room?

d
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Shrug-Reaction-Gif.gif

If I had to take a guess it seems like this is being pushed by PSU. If he really was doing this for himself he would have done it at SDSU. They probably made it a no-brainer financially and he will give it a go. But if this was not driven 100% by him it will be a failed project. Wrestling and winning at this level is just too damn hard to do something half-hearted for someone else. Guess we will see.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
Hey Red! I rarely visit HR, but, when I do it’s always revealing. Knowledgable wrestling fans are perfectly enhanced by classy posts like yours. See yeah in Detroit. It’s gonna be fun.

BB has a history of concussions, long term affects possible are CTE. I wasn't wishing ill for the guy. If he is healthy and has no fear of another concussion, I don't fault him for giving it another go. If he has any question of concussions, it's a risk. My good luck was genuine. Chill out Francis, jeez.

🤣🤣 So a kid Cael recruited very heavily decides to come back from an injury and reclaim his spot on the team makes Cael a douche…. Got it. I’d say Tom Brands followed your “win by all means” strategy when he ran Spencer Lee out last year with 2 blown knees so Iowa could win your ONE title in 15 years.
You said 4th wrong

Reactions: ping72
undercutting all the other kids he has at those weights!! He under cut beard too. Win by all means. He’s a total douche. He hates losing I get it but damn. Hopefully his kids see what he does if things don’t go his way. Over recruit!!! Not loyal to anyone!!
Do you think he hates losing more than Terry Brands?

I looked it up. Berge scored 1.5 points in 2019 and 2.5 last year. Not going to make a difference in the team race so it’s a non-event to me.
TBF… Berge went 2-2 at nationals as a freshman in 2019 and injury defaulted in the quarterfinals last year. He’s had more than his fair share of injuries, but if can stay healthy, I don’t think you can dismiss his ability and potential to score difference-making points at NCAAs.

TBF… Berge went 2-2 at nationals as a freshman in 2019 and injury defaulted in the quarterfinals last year. He’s had more than his fair share of injuries, but if can stay healthy, I don’t think you can dismiss his ability and potential to score difference-making points at NCAAs.
He doesn't have the offense. Unless you really consider 3-5 points as being a difference maker.

Maybe?

He doesn't have the offense. Unless you really consider 3-5 points as being a difference maker.

Maybe?
He wins a lot by regular decision, no doubt, but AA, even with no bonus, is still 6 points at a minimum.

ADVERTISEMENT