ADVERTISEMENT

Berge back for PSU

Kiddickhead sounds like that one idiot the PSU board even hated the was previously banned there.
Those old liberals don’t like being called old liberals. Idiot might be a little strong , or not 🤣🤣

Well, we don't know if carl reached out to Berge or the other way around.

I just hope he doesn't re-injure himself. Godspeed. 🧚‍♂️👼🧚‍♀️
That's how I feel, Kwood. I don't see what the big deal is. Good for Berge if that's what he wants to do. Why are we making all the fuss about Cael, recruiting, etc., etc., acting like Brady is Nick Lee. He's a potential 4-8 finisher who if he really excels could get third. Either way if we want to win it all we're going to have to beat PSU's hammers, which is what we didn't do last year, and we're going to need a bit of luck now that Spencer is out for the year. We need to worry about the shit we control. Prevent RBY, Lee, Star and Brooks from being in the finals and things will get interesting. If we take care of business, meaning DA, ADS, Young, Murin, Jaydin, Bull, Kem, Warner and Big Tony come away with 3 NCAA champs, another 3 top 3 finishers, and then 4 more AAs we are looking good. And that's not an unreasonable ask as long as Kem is 100 percent and Assad wrestles well. We can do this!

You are a bitter little guy, aren't you?
Cael's job is to win, same as Tom's. Cael just does it better.
Lol you have no idea!! Again its my opinion if you don’t like it figure it out pal!! You a psu fan over on a Hawkeye board

I disagree, Jrjt0518 doesn't represent the fanbase as a whole. Most Iowa fans/posters are level-headed and insightful.
I agree. He is not much of a representation of Iowa Hawkeye wrestling fans. He does represent the average HR report member.

Loyalty means a lots to me. I’d personally rather be loyal than winning. Than killing kids souls. Agree you get what you owe however at some point they have enough to get by when is enough enough!!
I could swear Iowa had 2 or 3 studs recruited at 125/133 and then Spencer decided he wanted to wrestle at Iowa. Goodbye to those other studs.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Over recruit? does that mean you have to many good kids? I seriously don't understand the message. Does Alabama have to many good running backs? Yet their coach gets a lot of 4 and 5 star players to come to their school. Every coach out there wants as many talented kids as they can get. Some coaches are better than others at getting those kids to come to their school. Many of those kids know it may be a while before they get to show their talents. Over recruit is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard? If I was a head coach at a major University I would want to be known as a coach that over recruited. Seems to work well for a lot of teams.

Reactions: MorleysDawg
I should have been clearer that it was in jest - too tempting given the 149 - 157 - 165 thing. It’s great to see him back sans brace or massive headgear.
So your progression implies you think he will beat The Bull.

Just go ahead and send your money into GG@ WFL now and avoid the rush. :cool:

Reactions: Grip220
That's how I feel, Kwood. I don't see what the big deal is. Good for Berge if that's what he wants to do. Why are we making all the fuss about Cael, recruiting, etc., etc., acting like Brady is Nick Lee. He's a potential 4-8 finisher who if he really excels could get third. Either way if we want to win it all we're going to have to beat PSU's hammers, which is what we didn't do last year, and we're going to need a bit of luck now that Spencer is out for the year. We need to worry about the shit we control. Prevent RBY, Lee, Star and Brooks from being in the finals and things will get interesting. If we take care of business, meaning DA, ADS, Young, Murin, Jaydin, Bull, Kem, Warner and Big Tony come away with 3 NCAA champs, another 3 top 3 finishers, and then 4 more AAs we are looking good. And that's not an unreasonable ask as long as Kem is 100 percent and Assad wrestles well. We can do this!
This is where the NIL money is kicking in right away and not having to work 2 months this summer at the NLWC to pay all his bills....

cool to see he is physically able to wrestle again, no way he AA’s at 165 unless they get some of Fix’s fathers milkshakes and that probably won’t do it.

edit : I reserve the right to revise based on the milkshakes and a few more matches, Not likey though.

Last edited:
Over recruit? does that mean you have to many good kids? I seriously don't understand the message. Does Alabama have to many good running backs? Yet their coach gets a lot of 4 and 5 star players to come to their school. Every coach out there wants as many talented kids as they can get. Some coaches are better than others at getting those kids to come to their school. Many of those kids know it may be a while before they get to show their talents. Over recruit is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard? If I was a head coach at a major University I would want to be known as a coach that over recruited. Seems to work well for a lot of teams.

Overrecruiting is a stupid concept dreamed up by Iowa fans being goofy as hell. We praise depth unless it's not us. We complain about wrestlers who aren't top ranked, get excited when we get transfers, but point our fingers in shame when another team does it.

Overrecruiting is a stupid concept dreamed up by Iowa fans being goofy as hell. We praise depth unless it's not us. We complain about wrestlers who aren't top ranked, get excited when we get transfers, but point our fingers in shame when another Carl does it.
FIFY

Berge is one wet floor away from going Aaron Hernandez.
giphy.gif

Overrecruiting is a stupid concept dreamed up by Iowa fans being goofy as hell. We praise depth unless it's not us. We complain about wrestlers who aren't top ranked, get excited when we get transfers, but point our fingers in shame when another team does it.
you can't really compare wrestling to football with an "overrecruiting" concept. If someone gets tired in the first period, you can't sub in another wrestler for the second in the same match. (Although, that could be a fun experiment)

Over recruiting, or recruiting over...it's still considered by some a frowned upon tactic that mirrors the same divisive action as college basketball is heading towards. Programs no longer have to "get the right person". The top programs are able to miss on some recruits and just let others groom them for a few years to see how it plays out.

This is the type of stuff that the smaller schools are going to look at and question why they're budgeting wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT