ADVERTISEMENT

Best article on the current state of Iowa Football ever!!!!!

says the same individual who picked a fight with another poster a week or so ago and bogged down a thread for about 2 pages....looking forward to you getting the last word as usual....you cannot NOT do it....let all wait and see.
Lmao you shit up the board with about 10 threads in the last week where multiple people called you out for being a moron.

then why did you title the thread "best article on the current state of iowa football"?
This is something rob howe would say about the article.
Told you that I jumped the gun...do you want blood? At least I wouldn't ban you if I had my own website like Howe does if you disagree with him....years ago....he is a joke.

Lmao you shit up the board with about 10 threads in the last week where multiple people called you out for being a moron.
Told you that you couldn't go wothout getting in the last word....I bet you are happy that its getting cold enough there in Iowa to wear your idols letter jacket...make sure to have it dry cleaned now and then.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Article was fine and states nothing we don’t know… The state of the program starts and ends with Barta and KF.

We know Kirk runs the show and has allowed Barta to remain in his job for all of these years.

Kirk being back to his snarky responses and defending the indefensible - despite the obvious need of change - will indeed tarnish his future and legacy if he stands by Brian til the end.

Barta is slow to question KF or force his hand … he knows who has filled his bank account all these years …

Iowa is in a corner with a stubborn coach who believes he is above
criticism and an AD who still has a job because Iowa football has kept money in the coffers.

Like anything in life - things change. What worked yesterday may not work today. Iowa is at a critical junction. Kirk is already tarnishing his image and many fans will remember this period moving forward despite what happens to BF.

I am not convinced there is enough in the tank for a Kirk 3.0.

When you field the worst offense in college football and one of the worst in Iowa football (and modern football) history … and won’t make changes because your son is involved … you are flipping your finger to the same university and fans who’ve allowed you to be the longest tenured coach in college football… (in addition to an inept
AD and his ridiculous contract offerings)…
Well-put. No one acquainted with Iowa football will find the article interesting. It's directed at Slate's woke, coastal audience. Iowa is indeed at a critical juncture. Fan toxicity is at an all-time high. The refusal of Kirk to play Padilla at the end of Nevada, Rutgers, Michigan games, when winning/losing was not an issue, is mind-boggling.

The president of the university needs to show some leadership, if only to say Kirk is a good guy going through a rough patch, but has historically proved to be a winner. Barta has no credibility.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I only wish there was some way that every Iowa fan in the country could get this article in their hands...it is a thing of beauty....I hope and pray that it gains some traction and Jaws is forced to comment on it....enjoy!!!

Wrong ! That is a bullshit hit piece from someone that doesn't know a damm thing about Iowa Football.

Reactions: bluroptimo
Interesting article. I doubt the read will get much traction since it does not appear to be coming from a reputable/established newspaper website. I actually had been thinking about BF's alleged racist comments over the weekend and definitely think they were not fabricated. Sorry for bringing this up again, so why was Doyle shown the door and BF not if both made racist comments? (apologies in advance if I have it wrong) tia
You should read the thread on the free board re: the lawsuit if you haven't already. Based on the depositions included in Brian's motion to have the case dropped, there seem to be a lot of holes in the former players' stories. Including alleged witnesses directly contradicting the players' account of Brian's comments. Two sides to every story and Brian's motion certainly doesn't include all of the statements made in depositions but it looks like there's a good chance a lot of these claims were fabricated based on the info at hand.

You should read the thread on the free board re: the lawsuit if you haven't already. Based on the depositions included in Brian's motion to have the case dropped, there seem to be a lot of holes in the former players' stories. Including alleged witnesses directly contradicting the players' account of Brian's comments. Two sides to every story and Brian's motion certainly doesn't include all of the statements made in depositions but it looks like there's a good chance a lot of these claims were fabricated based on the info at hand.
How strong is the case? These are the questions we should be asking:

1. Prior to the Nov 2020 allegations what previous complaints exist? This could be in the context of formal complaints, counseling services, emails, text messages., etc. Basically looking for a paper trail to support claims that there was systemic racism.

2. Are the plaintiffs able to make a compelling case? A lot of this will go back to the first point but this is very important. There’s a big difference between saying something happened and demonstrating something happened. The burden is on the players making the allegations.

3. What are the motives of the players making the allegations? Is there anything about them that makes these claims suspect? Was there political steering? Was there financial motivation? Was this about righting a wrong or going after a soft target?

This case absolutely needs jurisprudence and the scrutiny legal proceedings can provide. No one here wants unchecked racism in their midst. Well some might but F* them whatever color or race they are.

Did the university react too quickly? Did the admins weigh the evidence and demonstrate careful deliberation or did they react too quickly? At the time there was a lot of societal pressure being put on cities and institutions around the country, Iowa City saw a lot of damage by protestors.

There will be those who read this who say, “My employee said this and they played FB at UI….” Well if they witnessed what is described in the allegations show something that demonstrates action towards stopping the behavior. And put your money where your mouth is and do it under sworn deposition or testimony.

This is hands down one of the biggest cases in the U’s history and they’ve had their fair share. These allegations crippled one of the strongest fan base football teams in the country; recruiting dropped off, distractions off field mounted, and this will likely make it easier to get into Iowa as qualified candidates look for schools not in the midst of racial controversy.

If a case is made, and the motives of the plaintiffs are untainted let those guilty be found guilty. However, if a case can not be made how do you move forward? The alleged Olympic park bomber from 1996 who was later found totally innocent had his life turned upside down by press reports.

I have no concerns with our legal system but I do have concerns with the New York Times, Slate, and progressive liberal agendas using this as a rallying cry for votes, money, and maybe winning back Iowa. This case is about a lot more than Iowa Football, the courts need to get it right.

ADVERTISEMENT