ADVERTISEMENT

Best Band or Solo Performer whose name begins with an "R"?

Earlier, I mentioned Railroad Earth. This is an old concert video that is absolutely outstanding. Great background music for whatever you are doing. I can’t even guess how many times I have listened to it over the last few years.

I would put RHCP on the list if you were talking about the time from Californication and prior.

anything after that has been average at best. Also, one of the more disappointing bands I have seen live. I have seen them twice and both times I was underwhelmed. Foo Fighters opened up for them the first time and destroyed.

Hadn't listened to this album in years before last weekend. Thanks Spotify for reminding me. Whole album is great.

The only real answer is in the OP.

In the battle for number two, I would go with the great Bonnie Raitt. Best that most don’t know is Railroad Earth.

I was going to say Railroad Earth and Rusted Root.

Rancid
Rage Against The Machine
Reverend Horton Heat
Run DMC

solid list but not a one of them is in the top three.

Rolling Stones, naturally (name a more perfect song than Moonlight Mile. It’s impossible, but Rocks Off comes close)

R.E.M.

The Replacements

What about a little tune about a historical massacre? We do not feature enough of these around here:

Rise and Cold Glencoe about the Glencoe Massacre in 1692. British government forces sent by William III massacred Clan McDonald ... who had given them shelter from the harsh winter that year.

It is possible that this is the best song about a cold-blooded massacre ever written or performed.

... although admittedly, there are quite a few out there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT