ADVERTISEMENT

Best beer/drink ever(Situational: Reunion, friend, celeb etc).........

1flyer

HR All-State
Mar 25, 2003
Cedar Falls
Has nothing to do with brand of beer/drink. Looking for situation as described in thread title.

Very hard to pick one but since I started this I will give only one.

Was in the USAF and hadn't been back home in almost 2 years. It was also our 5 year high school reunion weekend. I did not let anyone know I was coming back home. My first stop was the small town bar (The Haymarket). Went in and ordered a Budweiser. Before I could finish this beer my 3 best friends from High School showed as well as my grandfather. I think the bartender tipped them off. Was glad she did.

The stories told and the memories made that night were special. Nothing better than being welcomed home that way. Nothing better than friends and family.

Can't wait for this Covid shit to be over as I think the first drink with them all will take over the #1 spot and I now have a new appreciation for those moments I took for granted in the past. ✌

Last edited:
I have two.

A pint or four in a cozy London pub and a beer hall/beer garden in Germany. I think the vibe of either of those spots is pretty tough to beat.

Reactions: 1flyer
Maybe not the most appropriate reason but memorial golf tournament every year for a high school friend that passed in a car accident sophomore year of college a little over 20 years ago. Just amazes me the friends and family that still attend and his family really appreciates it every year. A lot of beers on the course and after and a lot of good stories; most repeated every year but love it every year

Probably at one of the beer tents at the Fairgrounds in Munich during Oktoberfest...completely surrounded by strangers. But maybe it was at Hofbrau House, downtown Munich, slogging down a liter listening to an “oompah-band” playing “ Great Balls of Fire”! I
But, I dare say, you have never drunk a beer until you have had a beer in Munich during Oktoberfest!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT