ADVERTISEMENT

best Bible verses

Then they were having sex outside of marriage, so she is an adulteress.
How so? If a marriage is annulled by the church, then she marries someone else, she should be in the clear, right? Sex takes place during the actual marriage(s) (in this scenario 😂)

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:35-40

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Not a favorite but certainly appropriate right now. What Jesus said to the Pharisees then, he'd say to the right-wing evangelicals today.

Matthew 23:23-33​

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.

30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’

31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.

32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Not that they would care. They'd just crucify him again.

If Jesus actually comes back and starts saying the things he said and acting the way he did, there are a lot of Evangelicals that absolutely would call him a heretic.

Matthew 7:13-14​

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Reactions: hwk23
I like the part about prosperity and getting rich. Especially using God’s word to build a flock of loyal followers (a.k.a. revenue stream). Can’t remember which book that was in.
Proverbs 11:22 "Like gold in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion".

• Haha
I like the part about prosperity and getting rich. Especially using God’s word to build a flock of loyal followers (a.k.a. revenue stream). Can’t remember which book that was in.

I'm pretty sure that's in "One Corinthians"

"And the Lord said be sure to fleece thy flock mercilessly so that thousest might have multiple dwellings, jet skis, and whores"

I'm paraphrasing a bit but it's something like that

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone". I wish more people would practice this.
got-him-dad-homer-simpson.gif

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

"If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment. Yet they are not to be put to death, because she had not been freed."

ADVERTISEMENT