ADVERTISEMENT

Best Brewski This Weekend?

jellyfish10

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2009
First off, wtf happened to this thread? Come on torbs. Anyway, sadly, mine was Busch Light BUT in came in an orange can! Fishing and craft beer do not go together. Whatcha got?

Reactions: GarryO37
I remembered why I love German-style macro beers - had some Beck's. Whether it is Bitburger, Beck's, Spaten, Warsteiner, etc. I really like the German pilsner style beers.

I also had for the second time this year a couple pints of Spaten Oktoberfest. Decent, not great.

I went to a bar yesterday that has 24 taps- 16 of them were sours and Gose. Is this sour season? I can have a sour every so often but that seemed like overkill. I had a decent sour by Allagash, which seems to be a big vertical for them.

My trip to the local liquor store became monumental when I found 1492 by Toppling Goliath. Monumental not for the product (much too floral flavor) but for finding TG bottles in Minnesota. I talked to the manager and asked (begged) for more TG offerings in the future.

Maximus-Photo-12oz_1.png

Enjoyed a few of these during the Iowa game. The beer and the game were both very worthwhile..

Reactions: GarryO37
This isn't my picture, but I went to the 3 Floyd's Brew Pub this weekend and I have to say Zombie Dust on tap was one of the best beers I've ever had, hands down. I've had it pretty fresh out of the bottle, but it doesn't compare to having it on tap. If you ever get the chance, it's definitely worth it.

Probably the best Brew Pub experience I've ever had as well. The workers were extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. They weren't beer snobs at all. They were regular people who like good beer. I highly recommend going there if you're within reach.

tumblr_m2cat4EcuU1r7ekmw.jpg

Second place was this from 18th Street Brewery in Gary, IN:

116356.jpg

Yes, went to the 18th Street brewery in Gary too. Yes, Gary is still a s***hole. This brewery is a diamond in the rough.

I went to a bar yesterday that has 24 taps- 16 of them were sours and Gose. Is this sour season? I can have a sour every so often but that seemed like overkill. I had a decent sour by Allagash, which seems to be a big vertical for them.

Sours are becoming very popular nowadays for some reason. I'm the same way, but I can only have one sour a sitting. I need other beers after a sour.

I went to a local Octoberfest. I drank ice cold draft Paulaner Oktoberfest - Marzen. A very nice crisp-clean beer more malty than hoppy, medium body and very drinkable. It didn't take much of this beer to get a nice buzz.

Saved my last Hopslam for a special occasion. Popped it open Sat after skydiving and prior to Pitt Kickoff. It was a pretty solid Saturday

Is that beer not cool enough for this thread?

I think he's referring to you holding on to it for that long. An aging IPA tends to lose hops flavor the longer it ages. Being that Hopslam is higher in alcohol contact, it may hold up longer than others. Sounds like it may have held up though if you liked it.

I've bought a case the past 2 Febs and was saving one for our jump in June. When it got postponed until this past Sat I decided to hold onto it. It tasted fine to me

Had a little tailgating exchange with my nephews pregame. I brought the last of my Pseudo Sue stash and one of them brought one of these, which I enjoyed:

newglarusscream.jpg

My trip to the local liquor store became monumental when I found 1492 by Toppling Goliath. Monumental not for the product (much too floral flavor) but for finding TG bottles in Minnesota. I talked to the manager and asked (begged) for more TG offerings in the future.

Have some 1492 in my fridge which I will enjoy tonight.

Bud Light in the parking lot at Kinnick. I had higher quality beers over the weekend, but, those were the best by far.

ADVERTISEMENT