ADVERTISEMENT

Best Case Scenario

hexumhawk

HR Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
As much as it pains me to type this, I think we are the point this year where it might be best for Iowa to win 1-2 more games this year and not make a bowl game.

My thought is this at least turns up the heat to a scorching level to where even KF can't ignore it in the off season. He will have to make some changes to keep people happy and maybe will be more willing to release some of the control with the offense. There is almost a 0% chance he makes any changes with coaches or QB mid season so why not sink the ship. This also might light a fire under some of the coaches and younger players for next year. We have seen for years now that the offense is behind the defense and needs some adjusting.

If they squeak out 6 wins and make it to a bowl, I see KF staying status quo and will give zero thought to changing anything.

Chance of win % of remaining schedule imo:

BYE- 99%
@OSU- 5%
NW- 80%
@PU- 25%
WIs- 30%
@MIN- 25%
NEB- 70%

Reactions: anon_qczsdwtnv6esw
On the recent podcast Tom compared the KF tenure to his father in laws vehicle ownership practices. He said that his father in law was notorious for running the vehicle into the ground and always having something that needed fixed on the vehicle. I have often compared Kirk to an old 350 motor along the same ideology. Basically, we keep putting money into (read time) a product that even when it is operating perfectly really isn't competitive with today's tech. (I know, I know, we won 10 out of 14 games last year and the old 350 got us to indy before getting boat raced by an actual performance "engine") sticking with this, I agree that the best thing at this point isn't a "broken belt" 7-5 or 6-6 and "awe shucks we will get it fixed over the winter and be back ready to run in august". 2/3rds of this vehicle (call them the brakes and suspension) CAN compete in today's race environment, which is why the old 350 is able to sometimes do JUST enough, if the other guy isn't perfect, for us to squeeze one out by a nose. This racecar needs a new engine, there needs to be a piston sticking out the side of the block to the point even Kirk would be forced to realize it's going to cost double (time) to rebuild this and if he just goes out and buys a crate engine he will immediately be more competitive. The problem, as we all know, is that 350 engine block is currently his son.

BYE- 99%
@OSU- 0.5%
NW- 50% I think we lose but it's a toss-up.
@PU- 5%
WIs- 20%
@MIN- 20%
NEB- 69%

One more win on the schedule for me.

BYE- 99%
@OSU- 0.5%
NW- 50% I think we lose but it's a toss-up.
@PU- 5%
WIs- 20%
@MIN- 20%
NEB- 69%

One more win on the schedule for me.
Agree. I also think they could go 5-1 which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe one more win. Maybe. The coin flips of Northwestern and Nebby.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT