3) Notre Dame
4) Michigan
5) Clemson
6) Georgia Tech
7) Oklahoma
8) NC State
9) UCLA
10) LSU

Now I will say that William and Mary (where I went for law school) IS the best alma mater hands down. Every other school’s alma mater sounds like a dirge/funeral song, while William and Mary‘a actually sounds joyful and triumphant.

”Hark! the students' voices swelling
Strong and true and clear.
Alma Mater's love they're telling,
Ringing far and near.

Chorus:
William & Mary loved of old
Hark upon the gale,
Hear the thunder of our chorus
Alma Mater - Hail.

All thy sons are faithful to thee,
Through their college days,
Singing loud from hearts that love thee,
Alma Mater's praise.

Iron-shod or golden-sandaled
Shall the years go by
Yet our hearts shall weave about thee
Love that cannot die.

God, our Father, hear our voices
Listen to our cry;
Bless the college of our fathers,
Let her never die.”

Unless…..it’s done poorly in a rap remix, then it’s just as embarrassing as the Seminole Rap.

All aspects of the Michigan song sucks. Never call it the best it is best at being annoying. What UM gained 3 yards time for them to cue up The Victors.

#1....The Victors.......
then fight it out!
“Fight On”
“Yea Alabama”
“The ( Minnesota) Rouser”
“Notre Dame Victory March”
“Rocky Top”
“The Eyes of Texas”....
But the best damn (college marching) band in the land goes to ...If you can’t “Script OHIO” you ain’t shit!

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
#1....The Victors.......
then fight it out!
“Fight On”
“Yea Alabama”
“The ( Minnesota) Rouser”
“Notre Dame Victory March”
“Rocky Top”
“The Eyes of Texas”....
But the best damn (college marching) band in the land goes to ...If you can’t “Script OHIO” you ain’t shit!
As a long term Michigan football season ticket holder, i agree with The Victors.

Not their school song, I HATE giving Ohio State props….but this is something that I have heard and seen in person and it’s pretty awesome.

Best band by FAR - Ohio state. In a league of their own

best fight song - hail to the victors
Notre Dame’s close second.

best cheer - Michigan. Almost every HS band uses This a dozen times per game.
Close second - seven nation army

Best FB crowd and atmosphere - kinnick.
(I only became a Hawkeye fan as a 30 year old grad student and had been to many other stadiums before, so not biased here)

Have you all actually read the lyrics to Rocky Top? Finding a lady that's half bear, half woman might be tough in other parts of the US.

Clemson/LSU, Texas, Ohio St.

(I only became a Hawkeye fan as a 30 year old grad student and had been to many other stadiums before, so not biased here)
Wisconsin begs to differ re marching band. And really, iu has the most talent, but I suspect matching in a band is below them.

Meh, Script Ohio is overrated. Not that the Iowa Band does anything better, but I just don't get the hype.
There is nothing that says “college football band” better than “ Script OHIO” Sorry.There whole pre-game, from band entrance to field exit after “Script” really has a natural and even flow to it.,

Just for shits and giggles bubs, there is a two hour YouTube program on The Best Damn Band In the Land...how they audition students, how the band prepares and readies itself for a football season and why they are so damned good.

I’d actually say that Sparty’s cheer tops UM’s (Eat Em Up/Beat Em Up whatever you wanna call it)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT