ADVERTISEMENT

Best Disney soundtrack?

Sound of Music was a musical and then a film but as far as I know there is not a Disney remake.

I've always thought Enchanted was underrated.

I think it's weird how Enchanted has kinda been forgotten. That movie launched Amy Adams into stardom.

Also, I split Disney movies into classic animated era and the modern CGI ones. Lion King is probably the best imo, but Tarzan is underrated imo. I'll agree on Moana for modern, tho Frozen is a close 2nd.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Not sure that counts

Agreed

tenor.gif

I think it's weird how Enchanted has kinda been forgotten. That movie launched Amy Adams into stardom.

Also, I split Disney movies into classic animated era and the modern CGI ones. Lion King is probably the best imo, but Tarzan is underrated imo. I'll agree on Moana for modern, tho Frozen is a close 2nd.

She wasn't a household name after Catch Me if You Can?

amy-adams-and-braces-gallery.jpg

The Lion King was easily the most complete masterpiece considering it's distinct style and mainstream success. Even setting aside the 5 lyrical songs, the integration of the instrumental/background music that overlays the such a significant percentage of the movie is pretty much unmatched. Anyone on the street could hear a 2 second excerpt from any track and instantly recognize it as being from TLK.

Beauty & The Beast was the best when considering just the songs done by the characters. Overall, as the years have passed I view this one as the best film overall. It can't be understated how impactful that film was on the industry...no one thought you could ever make an animated film that would be up for Best Picture...being the first to do so, and the only one ever until the list of nominees was expanded in 2009.

I agree with Moana. Very solid, and I love the nods to the heritage/culture... both in the music and language, but even the casting.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT