ADVERTISEMENT

Best Iowa Defense this Century??

Phew. I thought you were inferring some season-ending injury that I hadn't heard about. He's having a fantastic year.

Oh yes touché old friend. That would have been upsetting…

Here’s an interesting aside; the old axiom when I was a boy was our first stringers could compete with Michigan and Ohio State but that’s when things fell off…

And then I remember some people telling me…”wow I went to the Stadium & Michigan‘s players were so much bigger than ours…!”

Which even only just a few years ago we were the team of “Mutts”; over performers under size etc. etc!!

Well let me tell you something men we aren’t undersized and we have a shit ton of athletes anymore!!

That said Joe Evans & Noah Shannon have both indeed had incredible years as typical old time Hawkeye players!! Evans is fast and quick as hell and apparently very strong but pretty under sized still @ defensive end and the same goes for Noah Shannon but man are they good players…

after that, across-the-board, 2-deep we have a lot of athletes. I predict right now Riley Moss will run a sub for 44, forty and Kaeveon Meriwether is a sensational athlete!

I don’t have to tell you about Cooper DeJean or Jack Campbell or several of those studs on the line… The point is this defense is truly the real deal… I hope we end the season on a winning streak just so this defense gets the props they deserve and they’ve already had plenty!

Reactions: jonesy5960
It really is a great defense and it looks to remain that way for years. We lose a safety and replace with a 5* recruit that has already a year under his belt. TJ Hall looks like a very good corner. CDJ will become dominant, like Moss. A Graves will be digging graves next season as an AA with another powerful line. LBs will be young but with luck the new starters look like high quality players.

Reactions: cmhawks99
It really is a great defense and it looks to remain that way for years. We lose a safety and replace with a 5* recruit that has already a year under his belt. TJ Hall looks like a very good corner. CDJ will become dominant, like Moss. A Graves will be digging graves next season as an AA with another powerful line. LBs will be young but with luck the new starters look like high quality players.
Jacobs, Higgins and Fisher will all be seniors. Can't replace Campbell, but next years LBs will be really athletic.

Jacobs, Higgins and Fisher will all be seniors. Can't replace Campbell, but next years LBs will be really athletic.
Higgins will be, for all intents and purposes, a RS JR in '23 (technically a covid-junior).

I expect him to start in '23 ... play quite well ... and then have a terrific SR season in '24.

He's close with Craig ... and I expect them to be playing together in '24.

Shame Iowa isn't 7-2 and have a two game lead in the west but, you know, a few people think the offense is great because of the past two games

Shame Iowa isn't 7-2 and have a two game lead in the west but, you know, a few people think the offense is great because of the past two games
Very few thinking it's great because it's not, but the offense of the last 2 weeks is likely good enough to have beaten Illinois and ISU. This weekend we find out if it's a mirage or not against a much better defense than either NW or Purdue.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Higgins is listed as a Jr this year Ghost.
His first year was in 2020 ... he played more than 4 games ... but that covid-year also doesn't count against his eligibility!

Consequently, as of 2021 ... he still had 4 years of eligibility.

He played in '21 (1 -year down) and he's playing A TON this year (a 2nd-year down) ... that still leaves him 2 years to play AFTER this year. Thus, eligibility-wise, he's currently the equivalent of a RS SO ... so next year he'd be the equivalent of a RS JR.

Iowa's system lists him as a JR because it's not accounting for the oddity that is the covid-season. Since he's been here three seasons and played three seasons ... they list him as a JR.

We can't change the past. Can only move forward. We won two in a row against two of our teams that had our number in past years and the third team coming in Saturday. Win the next game is all we can do and try to control.

Reactions: kceasthawk

I want to apologize to you… I hadn’t realized how much you struggle with reading comprehension. A lot of us probably haven’t been very kind to you because of your continued misunderstanding. I didn’t realize you struggled so much understanding the printed word.

If you show me a couple of the things you’ve read that made you think somebody was really happy about the offense and really thought it was “great”? We can then go through it together and I’ll teach you what you should have inferred!

Last edited:
I want to apologize to you… I hadn’t realized how much you struggle with reading comprehension. A lot of us probably haven’t been very kind to you because of your continued misunderstanding. I didn’t realize you struggled so much understanding the printed word.

If you show me a couple of the things you’ve read that made you think somebody was really happy about the offense and really thought it was “great”? We can then go through it together and I’ll teach you what you should have inferred!
Oh, you are such a snowflake that you assumed I was talking about you and got triggered. Good to know you're such an easily offended pussy.

Oh, you are such a snowflake that you assumed I was talking about you and got triggered. Good to know you're such an easily offended pussy.

Your response is reward enough, 😊 thanks! I was afraid you might struggle getting the point😜

The point being that you're an easily triggered pussy, yes, we ALL know that. ;)

Well again, thanks….I do sometimes find myself jerking people chains. I know I shouldn’t but your response was classic !

When that’s the best somebody can come up with you know you’ve cooked them pretty good 😋

fact-youtrean-asshole-memes-com-13861424.png

@cmhawks99 @jonesy5960 Shannon can still return using his Covid year, correct? If he can, he should.
He has a covid year if he wants it. Whether he should take it or not is up to him or where he'd end up in the draft which I have no idea. In football you're always one injury away from ending a career so if he can go in the first 3 rounds it's probably a no brainer for him.

He has a covid year if he wants it. Whether he should take it or not is up to him or where he'd end up in the draft which I have no idea. In football you're always one injury away from ending a career so if he can go in the first 3 rounds it's probably a no brainer for him.
Shannon will not be drafted in the first three rounds. I think he can stick as a UFA, or late round pick. Meyer's piece on the BIG Today show focused a lot on him, Even though he's undersized at about 288lbs he uses that 6'0" to his advantage by staying low and winning the leverage battle. Still he'll probably struggle to make it at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT