ADVERTISEMENT

Best Looney Tunes Episode

SoDakHawk

HR Legend
Sep 14, 2006
Spinoff of the favorite cartoons thread where Looney Tunes is mentioned most often. So what are your favorite Looney Tunes episodes? There are about a thousand Looney Tunes episodes but I'd have to say a couple that immediately come to mind are The Rabbit of Seville, What's Opera, Doc? (kill the wabbit!), Rabbit Seasoning, and Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century.

Came in to post Michigan J Frog. My boomer dad and I were talking about that cartoon on Saturday.

Huge Looney Tunes fan. I have hundreds on DVD. So many great ones. The Hunting Trilogy (Rabbit Fire, Rabbit Seasoning, and Duck! Rabbit! Duck!) is fantastic. A personal favorite of mine is Rabbit Hood.

In the name of my most royal Majesty, I knight thee.

[Conks the Sheriff on the head with his scepter] Arise, Sir Loin of Beef.
[Conks him again] Arise, Earl of Cloves.
[Conk] Arise, Duke of Brittingham.
[Conk] Arise, Baron of Munchausen.
[Conk] Arise, Essence of Myrrh...
[Conk] Milk of Magnesia...
[Conk] Quarter of ten.

250px-RabbHood.jpg
0-10.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of them were by today's PC standards, weren't they. But, MAN were they funny!!
Truth. This one here just makes you cringe. Honestly though, if you really think about it the character is no different than the way Bugs treated Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, or anybody else that opposed him. All of Bugs's opponents were made out to be foolish. It's just you look at it now and scream "That's racist!" But is it really racist if all of Bugs's foils get treated the same way?

Foghorn Leghorn is my favorite Looney Tunes character.

Love me some Baseball Bugs. It's in my Top 10 list.

Truth. This one here just makes you cringe. Honestly though, if you really think about it the character is no different than the way Bugs treated Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, or anybody else that opposed him. All of Bugs's opponents were made out to be foolish. It's just you look at it now and scream "That's racist!" But is it really racist if all of Bugs's foils get treated the same way?

This is one of the "Censored Eleven" that is never shown anymore.

The sequence of running through the log is reused in The Big Snooze; Elmer is simply drawn over the black hunter.

This is one of the "Censored Eleven" that is never shown anymore.

The sequence of running through the log is reused in The Big Snooze; Elmer is simply drawn over the black hunter.
Yeah. Those are not worth showing. Still, they should be preserved for the sake of history and be able to purchase as part of collections, etc.

The one with Bugs in the department store. The floor walker says, "May I help you?"
Bugs replies, "I'm looking for something nice in ladies lingerie."
And the floor walker counters with, "Frankly, little chum, so am I."

Bugs Nips The Nips hasn't been shown in a few decades. Wonder why?
From a different time. We were at war with Japan. Not much different than Herr Hare where Bugs clowned the Nazis.

They have a historical value but no need to show them on Boomerang, etc. these days.

From a different time. We were at war with Japan. Not much different than Herr Hare where Bugs clowned the Nazis.

They have a historical value but no need to show them on Boomerang, etc. these days.
Well it was the way they drew the Japanese soldiers. That got it banned. Oval eyes with really big front teeth.

Isn't the whole show, but for me this is the first one to come to mind.

The Stupid Cupid

And second probably, in full...Tom Turk and Daffy ("now let's see here, where do I hide this seagull?")

Reactions: HawkRugged17
I forget what it's called, but I always liked one where a scientist gives Bugs carrots that temporarily give him super powers.

A lot of them were by today's PC standards, weren't they. But, MAN were they funny!!

On Amazon prime, they have a 1930s version of Gulliver's Travels that I watched as a kid...there's stuff in there that hasn't aged well.

In the Looney Tunes: Back in Action, there's a scene where they make a joke about Bugs dressing up as a woman not being funny anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT