ADVERTISEMENT

Best lyricist of the 21st century

Taylor Swift. Seriously, she is an exceptional lyricist.

Otherwise, I second Jason Isbell. Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys. Maybe Conor Oberst, although a lot of his best stuff is pre-2000. Dylan's more recent stuff isn't the same as his prime, but he is probably still up there.

Eminem for pure talent and word play.

Last edited:
Barry Manilow.

Proven by the nunber of famous advertising jingles.

He wrote the songs that made the whole world sing.

Barry Manilow.

Proven by the nunber of famous advertising jingles.

He wrote the songs that made the whole world sing.
Oddly enough he didn't write the song that made the whole world sing ..

"I Write the Songs" is a popular song written by Bruce Johnston in 1975 and released on his album Going Public in 1977. Barry Manilow's version reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in January 1976[3] after spending two weeks atop the Billboard adult contemporary chart in December 1975.[4] It won a Grammy Award for Song of the Year and was nominated for Record of the Year in 1977.[4] Billboard ranked it as the No. 13 song of 1976.[5]

Reactions: stickman80
Oddly enough he didn't write the song that made the whole world sing ..

"I Write the Songs" is a popular song written by Bruce Johnston in 1975 and released on his album Going Public in 1977. Barry Manilow's version reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in January 1976[3] after spending two weeks atop the Billboard adult contemporary chart in December 1975.[4] It won a Grammy Award for Song of the Year and was nominated for Record of the Year in 1977.[4] Billboard ranked it as the No. 13 song of 1976.[5]
What a liar!!! Manilow should have been a politician.....there is still time....he's only 81.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT