ADVERTISEMENT

Best online meat delivery?

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Thinking I might want to get a big box of meat without having to expose myself to a bunch of poors with the C-19 at the stores.

I bought the picanha I recently tried from MeatnBone. It was pretty good, but wondering if the brain trust on HROT has any recommendations?

https://meatnbone.com/

Butcher Box is saying that orders placed today will not ship until April 6th?

I guess I'm not the first guy with this idea....

I’m a member of a meat share called Walden Local. They deliver once a month.

you could also check out butcher box.

Ur meat comes from "midwestern farms" according to their FAQ.

"Florida is predominantly a cow-calf state. Weaned calves (usually 6-10 months old weighing 300 to 600 pounds) are shipped to stockers or feedlots. Florida ships approximately 450,000 calves each year."

"Florida is predominantly a cow-calf state. Weaned calves (usually 6-10 months old weighing 300 to 600 pounds) are shipped to stockers or feedlots. Florida ships approximately 450,000 calves each year."

WHERE ARE YOUR MEATS FROM?
All of our USDA Choice and USDA Prime beef is sourced from US MidWestern Farms (simply put, this is the best beef out there). We work with a network of family farmers in the corn belt states: Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Illinois. We choose these farmers because they raise Angus breed of cattle which is the best for steaks in an area that grows the best feed. We stay away from dairy cattle states.

https://meatnbone.com/pages/f-a-q

WHERE ARE YOUR MEATS FROM?
All of our USDA Choice and USDA Prime beef is sourced from US MidWestern Farms (simply put, this is the best beef out there). We work with a network of family farmers in the corn belt states: Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and Illinois. We choose these farmers because they raise Angus breed of cattle which is the best for steaks in an area that grows the best feed. We stay away from dairy cattle states.

https://meatnbone.com/pages/f-a-q

That's MeatnBone. Read the Florida Beef Council link.

Picanha is basically rump cuts, not the most desirable part of the steer and at $10+ per pound seems extremely overpriced, but maybe that’s the price you pay for convenience. Omaha Steaks are good quality products but make no mistake, you’re paying 2-5x what you would for comparable cuts at your local market.

Picanha is basically rump cuts, not the most desirable part of the steer and at $10+ per pound seems extremely overpriced, but maybe that’s the price you pay for convenience. Omaha Steaks are good quality products but make no mistake, you’re paying 2-5x what you would for comparable cuts at your local market.

You don't know crap about picanha.

It's the sirloin cap. It is near the rump but it doesn't get much of a workout. The fat melts in your mouth like butter, and the meat is tender and flavorful.

Glad I bought a quarter cow and deep fridge 3 months ago...but our local butchers are doing curbside pickup for my non-beef. Do you not have butchers in Florida?

Glad I bought a quarter cow and deep fridge 3 months ago...but our local butchers are doing curbside pickup for my non-beef. Do you not have butchers in Florida?

You're still interacting with a potentially sick person when doing the curbside pickup. I assume he won't be wearing a hazmat suit.

I’ve had Brazilians explain that picanha is cut differently than how US butchers typically cut sirloin, so I think Trad has this technically correct.

the picanha I’ve had in Brazil is awesome meat.

I’ve had Brazilians explain that picanha is cut differently than how US butchers typically cut sirloin, so I think Trad has this technically correct.

the picanha I’ve had in Brazil is awesome meat.

American butchers trim the fat off and call it a "coulotte".

Absolutely insane.

" You can't beat Bud's meat..."
originalbeef1-1.jpg

You don't know crap about picanha.

It's the sirloin cap. It is near the rump but it doesn't get much of a workout. The fat melts in your mouth like butter, and the meat is tender and flavorful.

You’re splitting hairs here. I doubt a Floridian like you knows their way around a steer carcass like a well seasoned butcher does. Where the rump (or upper part of the round) ends and the sirloin begins is more a matter of opinion than food science per se, but to avoid a petty argument over it I’ll concede your point. It’s like arguing New York strips aren’t the same thing as sirloins.

You’re splitting hairs here. I doubt a Floridian like you knows their way around a steer carcass like a well seasoned butcher does. Where the rump (or upper part of the round) ends and the sirloin begins is more a matter of opinion than food science per se, but to avoid a petty argument over it I’ll concede your point. It’s like arguing New York strips aren’t the same thing as sirloins.

https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts/cut/2948/sirloin-primal

Support your local meat lockers, distributors, or markets. Hy Vee and Fareway here in the Des Moines market, don’t know of any lockers around DM, but Brewer Meats supplies a lot of restaurants and they will sell to the public. I’m sure their business has tailed off due to the reduced need so supply is up. Support your local businesses or we won’t have them around.

Thinking I might want to get a big box of meat without having to expose myself to a bunch of poors with the C-19 at the stores.

I bought the picanha I recently tried from MeatnBone. It was pretty good, but wondering if the brain trust on HROT has any recommendations?

https://meatnbone.com/

I’ve been using ButcherBox for maybe 6 months now and like it. Good cuts and variety.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT