ADVERTISEMENT

Best part about having Zero Handyman skills

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
When you perform the most menial task, it feels like a monumental achievement. And the manliness that washes over you for a brief period is better than any drug out there. Except maybe mushrooms.

I snaked the clogged toilet yesterday (clogged by my man sized turd I might add) using an auger. Had the little spinny handle on it and everything. Took a while but finally got through it. Within 2 minutes I was ready to quit because I had no idea what I was doing. But I stayed with it. And got that thing down there are conquered that turd!

I was unbearable for the rest of the night. Acting like Schneider from One Day at a Time. Asking for a toolbelt for Christmas put it over the top. I'm a man! Kinda.

When you perform the most menial task, it feels like a monumental achievement. And the manliness that washes over you for a brief period is better than any drug out there. Except maybe mushrooms.

I snaked the clogged toilet yesterday (clogged by my man sized turd I might add) using an auger. Had the little spinny handle on it and everything. Took a while but finally got through it. Within 2 minutes I was ready to quit because I had no idea what I was doing. But I stayed with it. And got that thing down there are conquered that turd!

I was unbearable for the rest of the night. Acting like Schneider from One Day at a Time. Asking for a toolbelt for Christmas put it over the top. I'm a man! Kinda.
tom-arnold.gif

Faulty always being the shit stirrer :)

Interesting. I performed the same task yesterday, but had to replace the flow valve as well.

Must be something in the universe.

In all seriousness I know somewhat of what you are talking about. My dad is sort of like the ultimate handyman. But most of those skills went to my brother. Although because of my dad I do know how to do a few things.

Never snaked a turd but I've snaked some hair clogs out.

In all seriousness I know somewhat of what you are talking about. My dad is sort of like the ultimate handyman. But most of those skills went to my brother. Although because of my dad I do know how to do a few things.

Never snaked a turd but I've snaked some hair clogs out.
The old saying in my home growing up was, "If dad can't fix it, it aint broke." He passed that skill down to me; however, I think it may end with me. My son has zero interest in fixing anything. I tried teaching him how to change the oil, but looked over and he was building a city out of my socket set.

200w.gif

The old saying in my home growing up was, "If dad can't fix it, it aint broke." He passed that skill down to me; however, I think it may end with me. My son has zero interest in fixing anything. I tried teaching him how to change the oil, but looked over and he was building a city out of my socket set.

200w.gif
My go too, "man made it, man can fix it", let me at it.

• Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole

200w.gif

How old is he? Because I was able to pick up on more simple things like changing the oil as an adult. But I had no interest as a kid.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Did you youtube other people snaking turds first?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
How old is he? Because I was able to pick up on more simple things like changing the oil as an adult. But I had no interest as a kid.
He's 9. I was in the garage holding a flashlight under cars for my dad at age 6. I guess the difference is I didn't have a choice. I hated being out there (until high school) and now there's no place I'd rather be--in the garage tinkering.

When you perform the most menial task, it feels like a monumental achievement. And the manliness that washes over you for a brief period is better than any drug out there.
LOL - that is spot on! I just fixed the gas fireplace on our enclosed deck a few minutes ago. Remote wasn’t starting it for probably a year. After looking it over, I found a small battery pack under the fireplace , tested and replaced the batteries, and it now works again with remote. Now can cancel the $200 visit I had scheduled to get it fixed. Immediately texted my wife so she doesn't forget how handy I am.

My biggest need after I fix/do almost anything is affirmation from anyone that’s home. “Hey, check out the lawn, or “did you notice I did the dishes, come see how clean the garage is, etc.”

LOL - that is spot on! I just fixed the gas fireplace on our enclosed deck a few minutes ago. Remote wasn’t starting it for probably a year. After looking it over, I found a small battery pack under the fireplace , tested and replaced the batteries, and it now works again with remote. Now can cancel the $200 visit I had scheduled to get it fixed. Immediately texted my wife so she doesn't forget how handy I am.

My biggest need after I fix/do almost anything is affirmation from anyone that’s home. “Hey, check out the lawn, or “did you notice I did the dishes, come see how clean the garage is, etc.”
Texans found that battery pack under our fireplaces really quick during snowpocolypse! Most viral piece of info I've ever seen! LOL

Reactions: VodkaSam

You get outside bonus points for that!

What i have found, if you don't try you'll never know your true capability in repairing, fixing a problem.

Totally get it lol

Reactions: FAUlty Gator

Did u want to sex up Missus Romano?

Don't want to alarm you but are you sure it was just a turd?

01836939-ea4e-42d8-8a88-5465e368930d.jpg

I would keep my toilet lid shut if I were you.

Just a precaution. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: GOHOX69

Start up that bad boy fireplace tonight after dinner and pour her a couple of margaritas and you will be the home run king tonight ... you may hit for the cycle if you can lay off the bad pitches and keep it in the strike zone.

• Haha
When I was a younger homeowner I was scared to death to try anything DIY in my home for fear that I would only make matters much worse. The older I get, the braver I've become in tackling things in the home and on my automobiles. I'll take a shot at almost anything now and it's largely a function of the immense amount of DIY project information that you can find out on YouTube.

Except electrical work, I'm not touching that for any reason whatsoever, I much prefer the living & breathing version of myself.

ADVERTISEMENT