ADVERTISEMENT

Best Quote I heard All Day

rfgiowa

HB All-American
Sep 14, 2003
Virginia
I live in the greater Washington DC area...and I quote a lady in my office pool.

"Hey! I chose UAB because I know you do not like Iowa State!"

(out of 40 people...she was the ONLY one who chose UAB)
smile.r191677.gif

Now pardon me...I love this time of year! GO HAWKS!

Originally posted by rfgiowa:
I live in the greater Washington DC area...and I quote a lady in my office pool.

smile.r191677.gif

now that's funny; she only chose UAB because of YOU!!!
happy.r191677.gif

I'm in a pool on another forum and the top bracket there is 5 for 6. It's the wife of one of the mods and she picked UCLA and UAB (also picked Iowa) and he says she picked UCLA because she liked their uniforms (nice costumes) give no reason for the UAB pick.

Meanwhile my girl, who went to Iowa State, has never done a bracket before. I get her to fill one out and she takes ISU to win the national championship. When I told her ISU lost she was like "... so what now?" To which I replied "we watch the team that actually matters tomorrow."

Originally posted by ChiHawk1985:
Meanwhile my girl, who went to Iowa State, has never done a bracket before. I get her to fill one out and she takes ISU to win the national championship. When I told her ISU lost she was like "... so what now?" To which I replied "we watch the team that actually matters tomorrow."
ZING!

smile.r191677.gif

That's awesome. I always enter a joke bracket based on mascots. I pick the most powerful mascots as the winners. For example the Okie State Cowboys will shoot and kill the Oregon Ducks. I have UAB winning the whole tournament because there is no other mascot more powerful than a dragon.

Originally posted by Urohawk:

smile.r191677.gif

That's awesome. I always enter a joke bracket based on mascots. I pick the most powerful mascots as the winners. For example the Okie State Cowboys will shoot and kill the Oregon Ducks. I have UAB winning the whole tournament because there is no other mascot more powerful than a dragon.
That means you have the Dragons over Iowa? :)

My wife picked UAB because our buddy told us of a former Iowa player on their roster. He was talking about it on monday night and I said who cares, ISU will win by 30.

She also picked Georgia State over Baylor because she likes to vacation in Georgia along the coastline.

She also picked UCLA but that was because I told her not to.

But even it out, she picked Texas going to the Final Four

smile.r191677.gif

Do you have any of the Wildcats going head to head?

smile.r191677.gif

Apparently you've never watched or read The Hobbit?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

smile.r191677.gif

And unfortunately these are the people that always win the pools. It's never anyone with an ounce of actual basketball knowledge. How could it be with all the upsets that happen? It's like trying to win the lottery anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT