ADVERTISEMENT

Better cell service

I can't even send a Facepook post from Carver or Kinnick. So is this for US Cellular customers only?

Reactions: I O WUH
We attend Blues games in St. Louis at The Scottrade Center. They have Wifi available during games which makes getting connected a ton better. I get little to no service at Kinnick or Carver, so looking forward to this in the future.

To show you how behind Kinnick is, the Blues have been asking the City of St. Louis (the City owns Scottrade) for years to upgrade Scotttrade to handle streaming video, social media, texts usage, etc. (and Scottrade is pretty good for connectivity).

Reactions: SPGroth
If its not connecting, you may as well turn it off or into airline mode so it doesn't blow up in your pocket. :)

Wow...somehow I can manage to stay off my phone for a whole 3-hour football game. I wonder how I survived?

You are never curious about injuries or replays? That's the only thing I would use it for. Also, kids can't go 3 minutes without wifi. Might improve attendance.

I like to pull up the box score when I'm at the game.

Unfortunately, when you attend a game in person, you are the least-knowledgeable fan watching the game. Limited scores, limited stats, limited replay. I get home from the game and find out about injuries that happened in the 2nd quarter.

Reactions: Pepperman
Wow...somehow I can manage to stay off my phone for a whole 3-hour football game. I wonder how I survived?
When I go to a game, I leave behind my wife with our five children aged 8 and under. I like to send a text or two to see how it's going or send the kiddos a picture. Or maybe something comes up in conversation that would be nice to look up. Or maybe find out some more info about the game that isn't available, like ichawk24 detailed.

When I go to a game, I leave behind my wife with our five children aged 8 and under. I like to send a text or two to see how it's going or send the kiddos a picture. Or maybe something comes up in conversation that would be nice to look up. Or maybe find out some more info about the game that isn't available, like ichawk24 detailed.

Yes...it's a nice luxury to be able to do these things. But it's not necessary. Pre-cell phone, people managed to enjoy the hell out of a football game without having access to texts, stats, etc. You've been conditioned to think that you can't get by without this stuff. You can.

What did I do back in the day????....oh yeah, watched the game and took every last thing in and then talk about it on the way home. Watching dudes be cell phone Twitter offensive coordinators is ridiculous.

Yes...it's a nice luxury to be able to do these things. But it's not necessary. Pre-cell phone, people managed to enjoy the hell out of a football game without having access to texts, stats, etc. You've been conditioned to think that you can't get by without this stuff. You can.
It's also not necessary to go to the game at all. Maybe we should get rid of the band. No more cheerleaders. These are functions that add to the experience just like access to texting or Internet at the game.

Reactions: grhawk
I've heard about this issue at these two venues for years now, and the thing that keeps coming to mind is for emergencies sake, you need to be able to at least make and accept calls and texts.

Is any other capability really needed, or wanted really, by the owner of the stadium? You got all these advertisements wall to wall. OK, yeah, let's provide something we get absolutely nothing out of financially, to distract the inhabitants from possibly viewing the advertisements companies paid our programs millions of dollars.

"Uh, Mr. Barta, this is the CEO from Mediacom. Say, about upgrading Kinnick for video steaming for wireless devices, you know that $20M we paid you guys, well, funny - if, you upgrade Kinnick, we're going to..."

Yeah and before telephones people sent telegraphs. Not sure how any of those facts excuse Kinnick's inept cell service.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying . . . it would be nice.

First they are making the stadium more cell/internet accessible, next thing you know it they're going to allow rock and roll music played during games.

While we're at it, has someone requested they do something about the fans that stand during the game?

Good, bad, or indifferent ... people are attached to their smartphones and that's not going to change. When people go to an event they want to be able to communicate with their friends ... and share the experience via pictures/texts, etc. That's the world we live in and you have to adapt to it ...

The service has been so much better. Was at the game Sunday and Tuesday and I used to not being able to do anything in Carver and I had LTE all game.

I like to check twitter occasionally to see the replays or reactions to calls. They don't show hardly any replays inside the arena so it is nice to be able to see big plays or close calls talked about.

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT