ADVERTISEMENT

better to have a new coach deal with '16 or let kf lay in his bed?

HAWK-N-402 (4)

Scout Team
Feb 24, 2015
So looking at the big picture, it is likely we could be looking for a new coach to take on the '16 schedule. As Is it better for the program to put a new guy in and just stink for a couple years as he finds his feet/ builds what he wants? Or is what would be better for us to have kf stay thus not risking burning the new guy because of the mountain uphill battle they will have. Thoughts?

This post was edited on 3/24 8:54 PM by HAWK-N-402 (4)

Gotta love the grammer police. Im on my phone with a cracked screen. If you cannot make sense of it ill clean it up. Other than not placing your money on me at the spelling bee do you have an opinion?

If KF fails this year I see Bret Bielema in Iowa City next winter

I don't think KF will be fired I think he will step down if things go sour next fall

why should IA LOSE, you are getting your god's gift of a QB in CJ there should be no reason for this team not to win 12 games at a minimum this fall.

Kilroy why don't you get behind KFs decision for qb and support all iowas players. Practice what you preach

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:
Kilroy why don't you get behind KFs decision for qb and support all iowas players. Practice what you preach
200_s.gif

This post was edited on 3/24 9:47 PM by ChrisVarick

Hey Kilroy, it was KF's decision to play it out this way. Are you saying KF is wrong? Just asking for clarification on your opinion.

Originally posted by HAWK-N-402 (4):
So looking at the big picture, it is likely we could be looking for a new coach to take on the '16 schedule. As Is it better for the program to put a new guy in and just stink for a couple years as he finds his feet/ builds what he wants? Or is what would be better for us to have kf stay thus not risking burning the new guy because of the mountain uphill battle they will have. Thoughts?

This post was edited on 3/24 8:54 PM by HAWK-N-402 (4)
We will be fine with Kirk as our coach, hopefully for a long time.

2222 not supporting every player? Doesn't that go against what he asks everybody else to do?

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

why should IA LOSE, you are getting your god's gift of a QB in CJ there should be no reason for this team not to win 12 games at a minimum this fall.
God, can you just stop writing. You are an idiot ... With pretty much ever one of your posts ..

As for Kirk ... he WILL be gone after next season. No ifs, ands, or buts. Barta can say what he wants publically but the wheels are coming off of this train and have been for the past few seasons ... We just need to see the gum smacking for one more season and Kirk WILL ride off into the sunset ... This, I know ... Will be interesting to see who comes in next ...

why should IA LOSE, you are getting your god's gift of a QB in CJ there should be no reason for this team not to win 15 games at a minimum this fall. With a B1G Championship, a playoff win and a National Championship
Fixed it for you

Give it up 22222222. I thought you were supposed to support every player and coach and agree with every decision KF makes.

If the O-line is as good as it was this year, we should win enough games to keep KF around. IMO, if we miss a bowl game, Kirk will negotiate a retirement deal.

what's the matter you don't like because I am giving you a taste of your own medicine by treating CJ JUST LIKE YOU TREATED JR? can't stand it can you, you never supported JR and now that I am giving you a taste of your own medicine you can't stand it.

careful what you dish out as it is you clearly can't take it.

what's the matter you don't like because I am giving you a taste of your own medicine by treating CJ JUST LIKE YOU TREATED JR? can't stand it can you, you never supported JR and now that I am giving you a taste of your own medicine you can't stand it.

Facing hypocrisy is tough isn't it?

With you not supporting CJ you are showing that your own ego matters more than your SUPPOSED beloved Iowa Hawkeye Football team.

KF finally acknowledged that Rudock was the wrong guy. What is wrong with changing your mind?

Just get on board with this team! It's going to be another exciting 7 and 5 season.

Who is this you, you, you that you keep talking about?

I supported Rudock for far longer than most, and still consider it more of a GD GD problem than a JR problem.

But you keep telling the voices in your head what they said over and over.

Originally posted by Curt Furence:

Who is this you, you, you that you keep talking about?

I supported Rudock for far longer than most, and still consider it more of a GD GD problem than a JR problem.

But you keep telling the voices in your head what they said over and over.
2222 MO is if 99 out of 100 people would post that they love KF as the head coach he would take that 1 person's opinion and act like everyone on here hates him. Sadly it's the delusional world he lives in

are you pregnant with Jake's child? you're whiny hysteria is really showing thru. get your emotions together and suck it up. jake will be fine. no one on this or any other board caused what happened to Jake.

Now go take some drugs for your morning sickness, look up some names for the baby and watch a few epsiodes of the View. Oh and get some rest. Childbirth is arduous.

In no way speculating on the future of KF but people are dreaming if they think next years O-Line will be as good as last years, which was mediocre at best!

Originally posted by Qued18:
If KF fails this year I see Bret Bielema in Iowa City next winter
I'd be willing to bet a paycheck on that.

My gawd people need to stop buying into that pipe dream.

Keep him around for when a real schedule comes back. He should have been fired several years ago and we could have momentum with these easy schedules. Too late for that so let him continue sinking the ship.

I've said before, anything less than 6 wins and Kirk is gone. 6 wins and it basically turns into a long discussion about whether or not Ferentz will be back or if he should get one more year. 7 or more and he stays. Those are the facts.

With a losing record, people/donors will openly pay to buy him out at this point.

With that said.....the only 100% guaranteed infallible truth about going into the 2016 season..................is that Bret Bielema will not be the head coach. Deeeeeaaaaaal with it, Iowa fans. It's not happening......Ever.

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
I've said before, anything less than 6 wins and Kirk is gone. 6 wins and it basically turns into a long discussion about whether or not Ferentz will be back or if he should get one more year. 7 or more and he stays. Those are the facts.

With a losing record, people/donors will openly pay to buy him out at this point.

With that said.....the only 100% guaranteed infallible truth about going into the 2016 season..................is that Bret Bielema will not be the head coach. Deeeeeaaaaaal with it, Iowa fans. It's not happening......Ever.

Are we talking 2015? 6 wins against that schedule is a joke.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by dawgs_04:

I know....But you have to put yourself in the shoes of this administration and what they'll most likely do.

6 wins gets us to a bowl game. But it'd still be viewed as a disappointing season, and only slightly less so if we win said bowl game. That's where the long discussion about Ferentz's future comes in.

Oh and yes....................................6 wins or less with that schedule is VERY possible. And not just because you people don't think highly of Ferentz or the talent Iowa has on the team, either.
indifferent.r191677.gif

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:

I know....But you have to put yourself in the shoes of this administration and what they'll most likely do.

6 wins gets us to a bowl game. But it'd still be viewed as a disappointing season, and only slightly less so if we win said bowl game. That's where the long discussion about Ferentz's future comes in.

Oh and yes....................................6 wins or less with that schedule is VERY possible. And not just because you people don't think highly of Ferentz or the talent Iowa has on the team, either.
indifferent.r191677.gif
I agree with the Evil Monkey on this one. A losing record is a very real possibility this season. I don't see any way that Iowa's linebackers will be any better than last season and there are going to be a lot of new starters on both offense and defense without much experience. I'll add in a little insult to injury. Iowa's punting game is horrible.

I have no expectations that the 2015 season is going to be any better than the product I watched in 2014. In fact, I expect something along the lines of a 5 and 7 type of season and a extreme amount of angst about whether, or not, KF will be the coach the following season.

Buckle up fellas! It's going to be one helluva ride.

I think it's funny that if you really want a new coach that you keep mentioning alumni. Let's see,the last Iowa coach who played football at Iowa was Commings.

Originally posted by ddelzell:

indifferent.r191677.gif
I agree with the Evil Monkey on this one. A losing record is a very real possibility this season. I don't see any way that Iowa's linebackers will be any better than last season and there are going to be a lot of new starters on both offense and defense without much experience. I'll add in a little insult to injury. Iowa's punting game is horrible.

I have no expectations that the 2015 season is going to be any better than the product I watched in 2014. In fact, I expect something along the lines of a 5 and 7 type of season and a extreme amount of angst about whether, or not, KF will be the coach the following season.

Did you read my post on LB's? Obviously not. You should, then you could see how they will get better and what their ceiling is. The same negative things were said about Morris, Hitchens and Kirksey their soph yr. In fact everyone rambled on and on how talentless Morris was after his freshman year and we'd better find someone else because he is not going to get any better and KF was a horrible recruiter because some of the only options he had to flank Morris with was a 2 star converted RB and a converted safety. And that is a fact. You folks are simply stunning. You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to an INFORMED opinion, which most do not have.
I'll prove it:
Who are these 'lot of new starters without much experience'? Once again a totally uniformed opinion. On offense the only new starters without much experience are the tackles. All the other 9 have started. That's a lot? Everyone else besides CJ have 2-3 years experience. And when is the last time Iowa had bad offensive tackles?
On defense the only new starter that may not have much experience will depend on who starts at SS and they may move an experienced db like fleming there, who knows and if it's Taylor, he got some playing time last year. 4 of the LB's have extensive experience and have all started at least once and Johnson, Bazata, and Ekakitie all played extensively last year with no apparent drop off in production in comparison to the starters. So that's 1 of 11 that won't have much experience. Wow, that's a lot!
So, in conclusion that would be, at most, 3 new starters without much experience, thus your highlighted statement is totally false, unless you're going to go Bill Clinton on us and try to redefine the word 'lot'.
If Iowa wins 7 or more games next year (I'm predicting 9-10), will you finally admit to yourself that you have no clue what you're talking about (we already know) and ban yourself from ever speaking on here again?
And young adult, college students are not a 'product'.

This post was edited on 3/28 10:52 AM by BuddyRydell

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

indifferent.r191677.gif

Did you read my post on LB's? Obviously not. You should, then you could see how they will get better and what their ceiling is. The same negative things were said about Morris, Hitchens and Kirksey their soph yr. In fact everyone rambled on and on how talentless Morris was after his freshman year and we'd better find someone else because he is not going to get any better and KF was a horrible recruiter because some of the only options he had to flank Morris with was a 2 star converted RB and a converted safety. And that is a fact. You folks are simply stunning. You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to an INFORMED opinion, which most do not have.
I'll prove it:
Who are these 'lot of new starters without much experience'? Once again a totally uniformed opinion. On offense the only new starters without much experience are the tackles. All the other 9 have started. That's a lot? Everyone else besides CJ have 2-3 years experience. And when is the last time Iowa had bad offensive tackles?
On defense the only new starter that may not have much experience will depend on who starts at SS and they may move an experienced db like fleming there, who knows and if it's Taylor, he got some playing time last year. 4 of the LB's have extensive experience and have all started at least once and Johnson, Bazata, and Ekakitie all played extensively last year with no apparent drop off in production in comparison to the starters. So that's 1 of 11 that won't have much experience. Wow, that's a lot!
So, in conclusion that would be, at most, 3 new starters without much experience, thus your highlighted statement is totally false, unless you're going to go Bill Clinton on us and try to redefine the word 'lot'.
If Iowa wins 7 or more games next year (I'm predicting 9-10), will you finally admit to yourself that you have no clue what you're talking about (we already know) and ban yourself from ever speaking on here again?

Oh, look! Another new ass hat, internet tough guy on the board showing everyone how tough he is!

Tell you what, I'll admit I was wrong if the Hawks end up with a winning season. Will you admit you were wrong if they have a losing season?

Another thing, I don't need some guy with 19 posts calling me a "young adult". I've been watching the Hawks for 51 years now and I think I've got a decent idea of what I'm talking about. If you want to prove how smart you are, why don't you go down to your local library and start spouting off there. We're full up here!

indifferent.r191677.gif

I'll prove it:

Oh, look! Another new ass hat, internet tough guy on the board showing everyone how tough he is!

Tell you what, I'll admit I was wrong if the Hawks end up with a winning season. Will you admit you were wrong if they have a losing season?

Another thing, I don't need some guy with 19 posts calling me a "young adult". I've been watching the Hawks for 51 years now and I think I've got a decent idea of what I'm talking about. If you want to prove how smart you are, why don't you go down to your local library and start spouting off there. We're full up here!
Strange, I don't see one line where i implied that I was a tough guy? I never threatened anyone, nor did I call you names. Plus, you misunderstood my last sentence. I was saying that college students who are young adults are not a 'product'. I probably could have punctuated differently for clarity. Why would I refer to you as a young adult? I have no idea how old you are, nor do I care.
So anyone who points out that you are factually incorrect is an 'ass hat'. Sounds crudely obstinate.
The amount of years you have been watching the Hawks has no bearing on objectivity.
Why don't I go to the library? Well I say to you sir, Why don't you go down to the local bowling alley and bad mouth 19 yr. old kids there, instead of spouting off about them here? You're statements to myself and these young student athletes are offensive sir, and uncalled for.
I never have a problem admitting when I am wrong, so if they have a losing season and/or the LB's do not make a marked improvement, I would be glad to express how I erred.
Your loyalty to the Hawks over the last 51 yrs. is noted and honorable, but possibly telling the families of college football players that their son will never get better is not. Good day sir.

Iowa is not winning 9 games next year, Buddy.

I will concede this.
Would you be upset if they proved you wrong? This staff and these kids are not oblivious to what many are saying about them, and I think they are going to have a little chip on their shoulder.
I'm excited!

Iowa is not winning 9 games next year, Buddy.

I will concede this.
Would you be upset if they proved you wrong?
No. I just understand that our talent mixed with our penchant for not being able to win close games anymore, not having a homefield advantage anymore, and lots of teams taking aim at getting wins over Iowa while they can (not to mention those teams are also improving)....means we'll struggle to win 7 games next year. How many games on the schedule look like sure-fire wins? Toss-ups are essentially 45% type games because Iowa just does things to keep other teams in contests, and that inevitably puts more pressure on Iowa to not make mistakes, and they're already a team with flaws.

ADVERTISEMENT