ADVERTISEMENT

BETTING ODDS: Does Urban Liar keep his job + odds of other coaches

The sad part to me is if Urban would of lost to Michigan last year and Won 7 games tOSU fan base wouldn't be supporting him.

OSU has to be very careful with how they play this out. At this point, I believe they are looking at how to save face and keep him. I believe he stated that he made someone at the university know, and if that’s the case, the university is going to have to throw someone else under the bus. At that point, do they really suspend the chinless wonder? And if so, what for? For lying at Big Ten media day? If they’re actually going to be handing out suspensions for him lying, he’d never coach another day in his life, because he doesn’t know how not to lie...

Shelley is the one that needs to go. Urban will keep his job until he doesn’t make the playoff three years in a row.

Sounds like the talking Bozos on ESPN now think Urban Liar will keep his job.

@Suterman made this call out of shoot. He is a wise man. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the talking Bozos on ESPN now think Urban Liar will keep his job.

@Suterman made this call out of shoot. He is a wise man. :rolleyes:
Sadly, I think this is how it will play out. OSU is competing for national titles so it will do everything it can in its power to keep him in Columbus. Sadly, that's the world we live in. Now, let's say Urban was averaging 7-8 wins the past 4 seasons ... bye bye ... At some schools, winning is everything ... In my opinion ... he should go. Bottom line is he knew there was smoke with this coach ... yet he kept him ... And then he lied during media days ... Factor in 25 different players were arrested 31 times during his stint at Florida ... one of them for sending a text to his girlfriend that "it's time to die B*&ch." ... I don't respect Urban ... at all ... Keep sweeping it under the rug Urban...

Sadly, I think this is how it will play out. OSU is competing for national titles so it will do everything it can in its power to keep him in Columbus. Sadly, that's the world we live in. Now, let's say Urban was averaging 7-8 wins the past 4 seasons ... bye bye ... At some schools, winning is everything ... In my opinion ... he should go. Bottom line is he knew there was smoke with this coach ... yet he kept him ... And then he lied during media days ... Factor in 25 different players were arrested 31 times during his stint at Florida ... one of them for sending a text to his girlfriend that "it's time to die B*&ch." ... I don't respect Urban ... at all ... Keep sweeping it under the rug Urban...
Agreed.

Screw Urban Liar’s corp values, let’s just win for good old OSU.

Urban is a liar through and through. First he claims that he didn't know anything about it. Then he says oh I misspoke. First of all, which is it? Second if you did know about it, why was he still employed three years later? All after you already knew about what happened at Florida.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Urban is a liar through and through. First he claims that he didn't know anything about it. Then he says oh I misspoke. First of all, which is it? Second if you did know about it, why was he still employed three years later? All after you already knew about what happened at Florida.

The reason he lied is because he thought he could. Plain and simple. In Urban's world, he can't fathom why a guy no longer with ESPN (McMurphy) is questioning his own credibility. Turns out that reporter had the goods. If indeed Urban did report the issues to Gene Smith or others in the athletic department, then there is a path where OSU will keep him. But only because he's won a lot. It's sickening that a guy like Urban will hide behind his "process" nonsense and say treating women with respect is one of his "core values." From the beginning, Urban didn't need the university's approval to fire Smith. He oversees the assistant coaches. He didn't need the administration to tell him to fire Smith. He could have said "I won't have a guy who does that to his wife on my staff." But he didn't. And so here we are.

The reason he lied is because he thought he could. Plain and simple. In Urban's world, he can't fathom why a guy no longer with ESPN (McMurphy) is questioning his own credibility. Turns out that reporter had the goods. If indeed Urban did report the issues to Gene Smith or others in the athletic department, then there is a path where OSU will keep him. But only because he's won a lot. It's sickening that a guy like Urban will hide behind his "process" nonsense and say treating women with respect is one of his "core values." From the beginning, Urban didn't need the university's approval to fire Smith. He oversees the assistant coaches. He didn't need the administration to tell him to fire Smith. He could have said "I won't have a guy who does that to his wife on my staff." But he didn't. And so here we are.
I must be really naive. I can't imagine OSU would do this to the B1G, To college football and to their own reputation. I still think they do the right thing.

Smith would still be employed if the allegations hadn't become public.

I still think the torch and pitchfork mob jumped the gun. Innocent until proven guilty? ........ya right. Message board jockeys pretty much want everyone fired.

I mean, you're the one wondering why she didn't just up and leave when the abuse started. Sorry, but I'll take your opinion on the matter with a grain of salt.

Why didn't she leave and get a divorce early on in the abuse?

Somebody is getting fired. That's a guarantee. What's unknown at this point and who and when. My bet is on Molly, the overweight ginger who runs coffee and shreds paper in the compliance office. Learn from this, Molly. Learn and move forward.
It won't be Molly...she's a woman and would sue. It will be Jimmy, the intern.

I mean, you're the one wondering why she didn't just up and leave when the abuse started. Sorry, but I'll take your opinion on the matter with a grain of salt.

It's true. I'm wondering why she would choose to have another child with him and stay for years........Pretty irresponsible to bring another child into the world if you think his Father is going to beat his ass....
I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt too......or I could just jump to a bunch of conclusions like you....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT