ADVERTISEMENT

Betting on games this weekend

cheeselog8

HR All-State
Feb 7, 2013
Nebraska screwed up my parlay last week so that's the last time I put my faith in those mouth-breathers.

Tempting lines this week:
Iowa +3 (vs Wisconsin)
TCU -3 (at Texas)
Northern Illinois +10 (at Florida St)
Oklahoma State -14 (vs Texas Tech)

Any other stone cold locks of the century...of the week?

Is the FSU game down to 10? We opened at 14. I'd have bet money on that. Have we scored 14 in total this season?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Nebraska screwed up my parlay last week so that's the last time I put my faith in those mouth-breathers.

Tempting lines this week:
Iowa +3 (vs Wisconsin)
TCU -3 (at Texas)
Northern Illinois +10 (at Florida St)
Oklahoma State -14 (vs Texas Tech)

Any other stone cold locks of the century...of the week?
I like NIU beating FSU outright let alone getting 10. Love Iowa +3. Also I think tO$U will annihilate Tulane and cover the 37 because not only are they awesome, they will want to distract fans from the PR nightmare Meyer can't seem to extract himself from.

Reactions: cheeselog8
Is the FSU game down to 10? We opened at 14. I'd have bet money on that. Have we scored 14 in total this season?

Yeah it's showing 10 with the o/u at 46. I usually avoid the o/u but man that under is looking good.

Wake Forest +7.5 vs. ND. I like them on the Money line +230
PITT -3.5 over UNC
OVER 64.5 Georgia @ Mizzou
GT +15 vs. Clemson
Tennessee +170 on Moneyline
Louisiana Tech +10.5 1st Half vs. LSU
UNDER 43 Wisky vs. Iowa
WVU -16 vs. KSU

Last edited:
Reactions: cheeselog8
Who is everyone using to bet these days? I used to use Bodog, but they shut all that down. Are there places prefer since they left those restrictions?

The NIU FSU line is extremely enticing.

Miss St -10 at Kentucky Saturday night, like Kentucky

Last edited:
Gentlemen...you DO realize that sports wagering in Iowa is against the law, right? :eek:

giphy.gif

Wake Forest +7.5 vs. ND. I like them on the Money line +230
PITT -3.5 over UNC
OVER 64.5 Georgia @ Mizzou
GT +15 vs. Clemson
Tennessee +170 on Moneyline
Louisiana Tech +10.5 1st Half vs. LSU
UNDER 43 Wisky vs. Iowa
WVU -16 vs. KSU

You think Wake will beat ND?

I also like Bovada. Very user friendly. Won a 5 team parlay and a 4 team tease last weekend.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
My activity is limited to a workplace pool the lasts the entire season.
It's actually true. We all compete against each other using the vegas insider spreads. So we are not competing against the house. Over the years I've come out ahead although last year was a damn poor showing.

You think Wake will beat ND?

I also like Bovada. Very user friendly. Won a 5 team parlay and a 4 team tease last weekend.

I like the +230. Haven't been impressed with ND. Vandy had it 3 or 4 times inside their 10 without cashing in.

I don’t bet on sports, but if I did then I would be reluctant to bet against a team coming off an embarassing loss. Unless the season is already a total loss, 20 year old kids tend to bounce back with a vengeance.

As much as it pains me to say this as an Iowa fan, I think Wisky and FSU will bounce back.

I don’t bet on sports, but if I did then I would be reluctant to bet against a team coming off an embarassing loss. Unless the season is already a total loss, 20 year old kids tend to bounce back with a vengeance.

As much as it pains me to say this as an Iowa fan, I think Wisky and FSU will bounce back.

Unless they're not as good as everyone is expecting. See: Michigan after App St. Loss. They were favorites the next week by 7.5 over Oregon and lost again.

A smart bettor knows the difference between a trap, a look ahead and a poorly focused/ coached/ under talented/ overrated team.

I am not that bettor.

You takin’ Rutgers? Now THAT was an embarrassing loss.

I’m talking about teams that actually have some talent.
Winners and losers weekly are often lacking this talent thing you speak of....how does one know?
I once won a “Pick 5” and one of my picks was Illinois...my bookie told me later that none of his hundreds of clients picked Illinois that week....my response was, “I did.” And it was a late cover, too. And a shitty Illinois team.

Winners and losers weekly are often lacking this talent thing you speak of....how does one know?
I once won a “Pick 5” and one of my picks was Illinois...my bookie told me later that none of his hundreds of clients picked Illinois that week....my response was, “I did.” And it was a late cover, too. And a shitty Illinois team.
My point is that Rutgers got stomped by Kansas because they’re just a really shitty football team.

While the Noles are a bit of a dumpster fire right now, Wisky and FSU both have actual talent on their roster and have the ability to bounce back.

Unless they're not as good as everyone is expecting. See: Michigan after App St. Loss. They were favorites the next week by 7.5 over Oregon and lost again.

A smart bettor knows the difference between a trap, a look ahead and a poorly focused/ coached/ under talented/ overrated team.

I am not that bettor.
That’s the reason I don’t bet money on sports. But I do know that when a good/talented team suffers an unexpected loss, they tend to play with a little extra sense of urgency the next weekend.

I would not bet money against Wisky or FSU this weekend. Frankly I’m not all that impressed with NIU anyway. They hung tough with Iowa for 30 minutes but were completely overmatched in the second half. I just don’t see them going down to Doak Campbell and pulling out a win.

That’s the reason I don’t bet money on sports. But I do know that when a good/talented team suffers an unexpected loss, they tend to play with a little extra sense of urgency the next weekend.

I would not bet money against Wisky or FSU this weekend. Frankly I’m not all that impressed with NIU anyway. They hung tough with Iowa for 30 minutes but were completely overmatched in the second half. I just don’t see them going down to Doak Campbell and pulling out a win.

Nah...you're correct on those points. Iowas defense is very good, BTW.

Iowas defense is very good, BTW.
They have been very solid so far, especially the front four. But this week will be their first real test.

I’ve been an Iowa fan for forty years and I hope they can bring their one missing traveling trophy back home. But I wouldn’t bet a significant amount of money on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT