ADVERTISEMENT

Beyer

Some were critical of Beyer earlier this season. He has come on nicely.

Highest-graded TEs in College Football
1. Kyle Pitts, Florida - 96.0
2. Josh Whyle, Cincinnati - 90.1
3. Cade Otton, Washington - 89.0
4. Shaun Beyer, Iowa - 88.5
5. Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin - 85.5
That is a (rare?) example of a guy dwelling in the dumps trying to turn things around. I was totally down on him after the first four or so games but Beyer's made a couple great catches/plays as good as any made by Hockenson or Fant or Kittle in recent times. Now if Spentras would also dig deep and do the same...

To some extent, I think the extra weight he had to add to be a tight end did not help him. If he could have stayed around 225 instead of 250, would have been way more beneficial for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanHawk
To some extent, I think the extra weight he had to add to be a tight end did not help him. If he could have stayed around 225 instead of 250, would way more beneficial for him.
I have always thought the same thing. The extra weight seems to have reduced his agility and speed.

I have always thought the same thing. The extra weight seems to have reduced his agility and speed.

I think it transfers well to the next level though. His in line blocking is out standing and he definitely has enough speed.

Three Amens and a blessing kids turning on the jets and playing in beast mode

giphy.gif

I think Beyer has had to deal with injuries. Is this what he could have been doing if he had been injury free?

I think Beyer has had to deal with injuries. Is this what he could have been doing if he had been injury free?
Never heard anything about that. He's played a lot since he's been here, but mostly special teams before last year.

Beyer has developed an into an NFL TE, has been a great run blocker all season and his hands have obviously improved even from the start of the season

Yeah he has had a lot of injuries, not any big serious injuries but things that kept holding him back when he was getting close. I think he will make an NFL team next year or at least practice squad.

Reactions: ghostOfHomer777
Yeah he has had a lot of injuries, not any big serious injuries but things that kept holding him back when he was getting close. I think he will make an NFL team next year or at least practice squad.
Yeah ... the small nagging injuries still can hold back a guy's development. I'm happy that Beyer managed to put up a solid SR season (albeit an abbreviated one due to COVID).

Reactions: David1979
ADVERTISEMENT