ADVERTISEMENT

Bezos/Biden Argument - Seems a lot like an HROT discussion

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
In other words, neither one of them is right, or at most partially right. We live in a complex world - complex problems are not usually caused by one thing,

But, leave to these guys to think inflation is caused by one thing. :rolleyes:

It makes perfect sense to me how shutting down an entire economy then flooding it with extra cash and historically low interest rates would cause inflation to increase. It is much harder to see how 'making sure wealthiest corporations pay their fair share' correlates here. It is my understanding that the 'wealthy' haven't been paying their 'fair share' for a while now and it didn't cause inflation to run wild.

Bezos appears to be way more right than Biden on this one.

It makes perfect sense to me how shutting down an entire economy then flooding it with extra cash and historically low interest rates would cause inflation to increase. It is much harder to see how 'making sure wealthiest corporations pay their fair share' correlates here. It is my understanding that the 'wealthy' haven't been paying their 'fair share' for a while now and it didn't cause inflation to run wild.

Bezos appears to be way more right than Biden on this one.
Yes, I think he is "more" right.

Personally, I think supply chain issues and the worker shortage might be more to blame than either one of their arguments.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
ADVERTISEMENT