ADVERTISEMENT

Bezos Rips Biden on Inflation and Taxes

dandh

HR Legend
Nov 11, 2002
Twin Cities MN
Kinda interesting that Mr. WaPo is tweeting about Biden's conflating inflation with corporate tax policy, then following up by ripping his spending plans, saying Manchin actually saved Biden. Is this a signal that Biden is toast?

The administration tried hard to inject even more stimulus into an already over-heated, inflationary economy and only Manchin saved them from themselves,” the Amazon founder tweeted.
“Inflation is a regressive tax that most hurts the least affluent. Misdirection doesn’t help the country.”

Last edited:
Is Bezos some sort of political kingmaker? Despite owning the WaPo is he even involved editorially or accused of being so? It hasn't been my impression that he gets the boogeyman treatment like a Soros, Kochs, Adelson, etc.

He's a billionaire with an opinion but I'm curious why the OP would think this is a signal that Biden is toast? What does that even mean in this context?

Is Bezos some sort of political kingmaker? Despite owning the WaPo is he even involved editorially or accused of being so? It hasn't been my impression that he gets the boogeyman treatment like a Soros, Kochs, Adelson, etc.

He's a billionaire with an opinion but I'm curious why the OP would think this is a signal that Biden is toast? What does that even mean in this context?
He's a MAGA and wants to be ruled.

I didn't read it as Bezos was taking a political side. He was just stating the obvious facts about Inflation and how it is created. It's pretty obvious and shouldn't have to be said, but the administration for some reason doesn't understand it. I think by now everyone should be able to agree on that anyway.

I hope everyone realizes that taxation is a mechanism to reduce inflation.
So maybe the guy should tax the people he sold you all on that he was going to tax.

-bUt WDDT, eVeN tHoUgH He HaS tHe MaJoRiTy hE CaNt GeT iT DoNe!

4741e938aa29c72f5a4e25db663f4e22.jpg

I didn't read it as Bezos was taking a political side. He was just stating the obvious facts about Inflation and how it is created. It's pretty obvious and shouldn't have to be said, but the administration for some reason doesn't understand it. I think by now everyone should be able to agree on that anyway.
But…but …he’s a billionaire

Because that clearly has something to do with inflation

all that free money led to increased demand and now those companies that make food, etc feel that large price increases are needed to maintain their profit levels and stock price. I have seen some pricing reports and it is stupid the amount items will continue to go up

so less government assistance and greatly increased cost of goods. It is really going to be challenging for many, many people. It is kind of sad

No Dem heard anything after he declared that Manchin wasn't evil. They're all in on him being the scapegoat for everything bad that's happening in America.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCainer
This. Losing Bezos is the canary in the coal mine.

I think you missed the point. Shocking I know
“Inflation is a regressive tax that most hurts the least affluent."

True. So let's make the income tax tables far more progressive. To Bezos' credit, he has endorsed a higher corporate tax rate. Not that it'll mean much if Amazon is able to write off income so it owes nothing. Last year Amazon actually did pay tax on an income of over $20B. It was an effective federal tax rate of 8%. It's nice to be the king, I suppose.

In case you guys haven't been paying attention, all of the Dem governors line up for meetings and pics with the Transportation Secretary. Buttigieg will be who's running in 2024

Reactions: NCHawk5
But…but …he’s a billionaire

Because that clearly has something to do with inflation

all that free money led to increased demand and now those companies that make food, etc feel that large price increases are needed to maintain their profit levels and stock price. I have seen some pricing reports and it is stupid the amount items will continue to go up

so less government assistance and greatly increased cost of goods. It is really going to be challenging for many, many people. It is kind of sad
Noticed that no one is arguing he's wrong. Seem to be focused on everything but the topic at hand. BAU.

Noticed that no one is arguing he's wrong. Seem to be focused on everything but the topic at hand. BAU.

I noticed that you won't explain or support your theory that someone (Biden?) has lost Bezos and that could be a signal that Biden is toast, nor the idea that Bezos is a canary in the coal mine. BAU.

Biden mockingly responds to Bezos with an off-key version of "Fly Me to the Moon!"

These arguments never lead to anywhere except where it started. Don’t you ever get tired of it? I don’t. ;)

I noticed that you won't explain or support your theory that someone (Biden?) has lost Bezos and that could be a signal that Biden is toast, nor the idea that Bezos is a canary in the coal mine. BAU.
Is Bezos right in his assessment of the situation? I know he's not as smart of lots of you here on HROT, so explain why he's wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT