ADVERTISEMENT

Bezos Rips Biden on Inflation and Taxes

Sure you are. So who is right - Bezos or Biden?
From what I can tell, Bezos is wrong. Biden wants to pay for these infrastructure programs by raising taxes on corporations which also addresses inflation by not having to print new money. Packaging the two (infrastructure and inflation) together is critical. Bezos wants to keep them separate which fixes nothing.

Somehow taxing stock options is likely the only thing you can do. I assume their large salaries are taxed heavily.
"Mr Bezos had a relatively modest income in his time at the helm of Amazon. His base salary of $81,840 has remained unchanged since 1998."

Sure, he's actually making nearly a million times that - really, his net worth increased by $75 billion in 2020 - but the amount subject to income tax is trivial.

Is Bezos right in his assessment of the situation? I know he's not as smart of lots of you here on HROT, so explain why he's wrong.

I generally agree with Bezos' sentiment. He's certainly far smarter and more knowledgeable than myself. Of course if you read the words that I have written, it wasn't to suggest he was wrong. My posts were to ask you to explain your theories, which you won't or can't, which is also BAU.

I didn't read it as Bezos was taking a political side. He was just stating the obvious facts about Inflation and how it is created. It's pretty obvious and shouldn't have to be said, but the administration for some reason doesn't understand it. I think by now everyone should be able to agree on that anyway.
Of course he's taking a side. And the Washington Post has been subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) following him down that path for years. As anyone who follows their news coverage and especially the op-eds should have noticed.

This is just him being a bit more blatant than usual.

WaPo now gets a "Mostly Factual" rating from Media Bias Fact Check. Not too long ago, they were consistently rated "High" on that measure.

WaPo and the NY Times used to be rated the same. Now only NYT gets a high rating.

• Wow
Reactions: NCHawk5
WaPo now gets a "Mostly Factual" rating from Media Bias Fact Check. Not too long ago, they were consistently rated "High" on that measure.

WaPo and the NY Times used to be rated the same. Now only NYT gets a high rating.

The website is correct. At the end of the day, the WaPo has a function that is tied to increasing the value of Amazon’s stock and serving the self interest of the plantation owner.

I generally agree with Bezos' sentiment. He's certainly far smarter and more knowledgeable than myself. Of course if you read the words that I have written, it wasn't to suggest he was wrong. My posts were to ask you to explain your theories, which you won't or can't, which is also BAU.
I'm just offering my opinion based on how it looks to me. I believe Bezos really disliked Trump, but I don't recall him ever calling Trump out to this degree. That being said, it's really a side issue, imo.

I'm just offering my opinion based on how it looks to me. I believe Bezos really disliked Trump, but I don't recall him ever calling Trump out to this degree. That being said, it's really a side issue, imo.

I understood that it was your opinions, I was wondering if you have reasons for having your opinions and if you would share them.

I also realize this is HORT so it's totally BAU to have opinions without reasons or being willing to explain them.

Maybe it was just a gut feeling or faith based.

I understood that it was your opinions, I was wondering if you have reasons for having your opinions and if you would share them.

I also realize this is HORT so it's totally BAU to have opinions without reasons or being willing to explain them.

Maybe it was just a gut feeling or faith based.
I'm an atheist, so there's that. Do you recall Bezos ripping Trump like this? I don't, and I'm pretty sure he despised him.

I didn't read it as Bezos was taking a political side. He was just stating the obvious facts about Inflation and how it is created. It's pretty obvious and shouldn't have to be said, but the administration for some reason doesn't understand it. I think by now everyone should be able to agree on that anyway.
I'm telling you, they do not WANT to understand it. The Obama desire for globalism was massively disrupted by Trump; they're simply fast tracking it to make up for lost time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm not arguing anything.

Here is the official release from the admin. If you like it or not is up to you.
If this "official release" from the Biden Admin. doesn't clearly state "Everything we touch turns to shit", then it needs to be sent back and edited.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Where was he when the Republicans were printing money for their stimulus plans? Seems to me he only started complaining about inflation when the corporate tax rate became under threat.
Exactly right.

And that's also when WaPo slavishly started attacking Bernie.

I wonder what WaPo would be like if Soros had bought it instead of Bezos?

Reactions: Huey Grey
I'm an atheist, so there's that. Do you recall Bezos ripping Trump like this? I don't, and I'm pretty sure he despised him.

I can't recall any, although there were so many Trump incidents that it's difficult for me to remember each. Bezos may have also thought its best to not be too hard on someone like Trump who is quite sensitive and quick for revenge. Especially considering the deals Amazon was looking to get with the federal government.

Of course I don't understand what that has to do with losing Bezos, or him being a canary in the coal mine that Biden is toast. You know, your opinions that I've tried to get you to articulate.

I reckon at this point the basis would have been shared if there was one, so I think we can let it rest.

Exactly right.

And that's also when WaPo slavishly started attacking Bernie.

I wonder what WaPo would be like if Soros had bought it instead of Bezos?
How dumb are we? Do we really think that billionaires like Bezos are suddenly worried about working class people all of a sudden? Like always, they're just protecting their own wallets.

How dumb are we? Do we really think that billionaires like Bezos are suddenly worried about working class people all of a sudden? Like always, they're just protecting their own wallets.
True…and do incredibly well no matter if the D’s or R’s are in control. Been that way for quite a while.

Where was he when the Republicans were printing money for their stimulus plans? Seems to me he only started complaining about inflation when the corporate tax rate became under threat.
Nope. Republicans had to sign off on it because while most knew, the ramifications would have been catastrophic for the party if they were wrong. Democrats knew the whole time the severity of the disease, yet had precise positioning with the media at their disposable.

Amazon is an awful company…..if only I didn’t love my prime features….

True…and do incredibly well no matter if the D’s or R’s are in control. Been that way for quite a while.
This is because we don't have a far right and far right left side of things. We have a far right and moderate right side of things. Dems aren't even close to left. They love the rich. It's just not as bad as that which is offered up by the right's love for the rich.

Nope. Republicans had to sign off on it because while most knew, the ramifications would have been catastrophic for the party if they were wrong. Democrats knew the whole time the severity of the disease, yet had precise positioning with the media at their disposable.
Rs signed off on two stimulus packages. They can't fake ignorance nor responsibility for that.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
This is because we don't have a far right and far right left side of things. We have a far right and moderate right side of things. Dems aren't even close to left. They love the rich. It's just not as bad as that which is offered up by the right's love for the rich.
Are you really taking the position that there is no far left? Omfg.

Rs signed off on two stimulus packages. They can't fake ignorance nor responsibility for that.
Did you gander at the link I provided? It’s from a left leaning site. Pretty informative 🤷‍♂️.

They were in the dark with an untrustworthy CDC, an untrustworthy Fauci, and an untrustworthy media.

Strictly designed to restructure world economies, with enough death to get people to buy in. It worked for two years, until the gig was up & it wasn't working well politically.

The very sad part is when there actually is a sweeping pandemic that claims the lives of every age group, healthy or not. Nobody is going to take it as serious as in 2020.

Kinda interesting that Mr. WaPo is tweeting about Biden's conflating inflation with corporate tax policy, then following up by ripping his spending plans, saying Manchin actually saved Biden. Is this a signal that Biden is toast?

The administration tried hard to inject even more stimulus into an already over-heated, inflationary economy and only Manchin saved them from themselves,” the Amazon founder tweeted.
“Inflation is a regressive tax that most hurts the least affluent. Misdirection doesn’t help the country.”

Jeff Bezos isn't a liberal and the Washington Post isn't liberal. The Washington Post is defined as "liberal" by the rightwing media borg because it's not part of the rightwing media borg (yet).

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
Jeff Bezos isn't a liberal and the Washington Post isn't liberal. The Washington Post is defined as "liberal" by the rightwing media borg because it's not part of the rightwing media borg (yet).
Oh lord have mercy. Glad to see you all avoiding condemnation of one of your own by claiming they never were a democrat anyway.

They were in the dark with an untrustworthy CDC, an untrustworthy Fauci, and an untrustworthy media.

Strictly designed to restructure world economies, with enough death to get people to buy in. It worked for two years, until the gig was up & it wasn't working well politically.

The very sad part is when there actually is a sweeping pandemic that claims the lives of every age group, healthy or not. Nobody is going to take it as serious as in 2020.
Oh shit, this dude is an idiot ^

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
ADVERTISEMENT