ADVERTISEMENT

Bezos Rips Biden on Inflation and Taxes

And the D’s signed off on all 3. Had control of the house for the first 2.
Yep. I have yet to see any studies connecting the Trump packages to inflation. I have, however, seen them for the Biden spending.

Despite massive evidence to the contrary, some folks will just not criticize a leader based solely on what party they belong to. Just odd, I constantly criticized trump in his first term. Funny, never for eroding the wealth of the working class though.

Yep. I have yet to see any studies connecting the Trump packages to inflation. I have, however, seen them for the Biden spending.

Despite massive evidence to the contrary, some folks will just not criticize a leader based solely on what party they belong to. Just odd, I constantly criticized trump in his first term. Funny, never for eroding the wealth of the working class though.
Are you seriously claiming that the trillions the Rs dumped had no impact on inflation?

Are you seriously claiming that the trillions the Rs dumped had no impact on inflation?
No. I’m claiming that the data analysis shows that Bidens spending did more, and put us in the lead worldwide. Read. The. Article.

Reactions: Hammer93
I can't recall any, although there were so many Trump incidents that it's difficult for me to remember each. Bezos may have also thought its best to not be too hard on someone like Trump who is quite sensitive and quick for revenge. Especially considering the deals Amazon was looking to get with the federal government.

Of course I don't understand what that has to do with losing Bezos, or him being a canary in the coal mine that Biden is toast. You know, your opinions that I've tried to get you to articulate.

I reckon at this point the basis would have been shared if there was one, so I think we can let it rest.
Thought I'd given you enough, but I'll spell it out for you. Bezos never said anything about Trump, even though he disagreed with him on several topics. But Biden is so far off track that it drove him to speak out. Bezos has lost confidence in Biden's ability regarding the economy. If Bezos feels this way, it is a symbol of how other leaders and people at large are viewing Biden. Therefore, Biden is toast.

Thought I'd given you enough, but I'll spell it out for you. Bezos never said anything about Trump, even though he disagreed with him on several topics. But Biden is so far off track that it drove him to speak out. Bezos has lost confidence in Biden's ability regarding the economy. If Bezos feels this way, it is a symbol of how other leaders and people at large are viewing Biden. Therefore, Biden is toast.
The only thing it's a symbol of is yet another rich person not wanting to pay taxes.

Taxes has nothing to do with it, Red. Read Bezos's tweets.
I read them. He only cared once the threat of higher taxes creeped in. Under lower taxes he was all crickets. There is very little chance he is saying this out of worry for the working class. He's protecting his pocketbook.

No. I’m claiming that the data analysis shows that Bidens spending did more, and put us in the lead worldwide. Read. The. Article.
Then why did you say this: "Yep. I have yet to see any studies connecting the Trump packages to inflation."

I'm an atheist, so there's that. Do you recall Bezos ripping Trump like this? I don't, and I'm pretty sure he despised him.
First three of many.

Then why did you say this: "Yep. I have yet to see any studies connecting the Trump packages to inflation."
Because I haven’t seen any studies. Just going on intuition that it is tied to inflation based on historical averages.

First three of many.
SMH...did you read those? I stipulated Bezos really disliked Trump. But when did he personally tweet about his dishonesty about, and mishandling of, the economy?

SMH...did you read those? I stipulated Bezos really disliked Trump. But when did he personally tweet about his dishonesty about, and mishandling of, the economy?
You said “Do you recall Bezos ripping Trump like this?”

There’s several examples of Bezos ripping Trump on many different fronts. Didn’t know it had to be a tweet. I figured ranting to reporters was the same.

You said “Do you recall Bezos ripping Trump like this?”

There’s several examples of Bezos ripping Trump on many different fronts. Didn’t know it had to be a tweet. I figured ranting to reporters was the same.
Read the whole thread, or at least my other posts.. That would provide the context of "like this" for you. I consider tweets as different from talking to reporters. During an interview, he is being asked his opinion on things, often with the use of leading or provocative questions. A tweet like this comes solely from a need to announce to the world his disagreement with the direction being taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammer93
I read them. He only cared once the threat of higher taxes creeped in. Under lower taxes he was all crickets. There is very little chance he is saying this out of worry for the working class. He's protecting his pocketbook.
He's way more worried about AMZN stock price than his taxes. Biden's incompetence is costing him bigly.

True…and do incredibly well no matter if the D’s or R’s are in control. Been that way for quite a while.
Chomsky used to talk about when he was growing up there were business-oriented newspapers and labor-oriented newspapers.

Only one of those classes is still around.

We think this is normal. But is it really normal to almost never hear that other point of view?

Think about it. Do you even know what a labor-oriented newspaper (or news broadcast) would be like? What would distinguish them from today's MSM? I don't. But I have a feeling we're missing something.

Chomsky used to talk about when he was growing up there were business-oriented newspapers and labor-oriented newspapers.

Only one of those classes is still around.

We think this is normal. But is it really normal to almost never hear that other point of view?

Think about it. Do you even know what a labor-oriented newspaper (or news broadcast) would be like? What would distinguish them from today's MSM? I don't. But I have a feeling we're missing something.
Chomsky is old and living in the past.

Reactions: NCHawk5
This relatively recent phenomenon of the ultra rich fighting through social media about politics, seems like a bad direction for the country.
Why? At least we’re seeing who’s really driving policy in public now instead of behind closed doors.

Assuming you are correct that is likely because Bezo's knows that the right wing is a vengeful group and will use the power of government to try to hurt you if you speak out against them.

Look what happened to Disney. . . It's not like anyone was questioning Disney's status before Disney came out against Flordia's bill. It's only after they spoke out against it that suddenly Florida was looking for ways to get their revenge.

On the other hand Bezo's knows that the worst he will get from Biden is verbal criticism.

And also just because Bezo's got rich doesn't mean he's an expert on the wider economy. All he knows how to do extremely well is to sell and deliver products. And don't get me wrong what he did is big and has revolutionized our every day lives. But that doesn't make him an economic expert.

The only thing it's a symbol of is yet another rich person not wanting to pay taxes.
You are trying to mesh together two different items. Rich people paying taxes has absolutely nothing to do with inflation. Absolutely nothing. Those are two different topics.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
You are trying to mesh together two different items. Rich people paying taxes has absolutely nothing to do with inflation. Absolutely nothing. Those are two different topics.
Idk if Huey watched Bidens inflation speech but that is what Bezos was refuting. Biden blamed everyone but himself and the administration. It was a trash speech that didn’t do anything to solve inflation and all he was trying to do was deflect blame of the current situation onto others due to the midterms.

Reactions: Hammer93 and dandh
Assuming you are correct that is likely because Bezo's knows that the right wing is a vengeful group and will use the power of government to try to hurt you if you speak out against them.

Look what happened to Disney. . . It's not like anyone was questioning Disney's status before Disney came out against Flordia's bill. It's only after they spoke out against it that suddenly Florida was looking for ways to get their revenge.

On the other hand Bezo's knows that the worst he will get from Biden is verbal criticism.

And also just because Bezo's got rich doesn't mean he's an expert on the wider economy. All he knows how to do extremely well is to sell and deliver products. And don't get me wrong what he did is big and has revolutionized our every day lives. But that doesn't make him an economic expert.
I'd say Bezos knows a lot about the economy. You don't build a business like Amazon without such knowledge.

Reactions: dandh
I'd say Bezos knows a lot about the economy. You don't build a business like Amazon without such knowledge.

Sure you do. . . the only thing you have to know to build a business like Amazon is how to as I said deliver products quickly at a low cost.

That's the genius of amazon, the logistics of it all.

But it doesn't making you an expert on the economy at a macro level.

Sure you do. . . the only thing you have to know to build a business like Amazon is how to as I said deliver products quickly at a low cost.

That's the genius of amazon, the logistics of it all.

But it doesn't making you an expert on the economy at a macro level.
Oh, please. If building Amazon was that simple, anyone could do it, or it would have been done previously. I agree with you on a lot, but not this time. Bezos clearly understands economics, and he's made his business work in practice.

Now tell me how our POTUS, armed with economists, comes up with the notion that raising corporate taxes will slow inflation. Tell me how even more government spending will slow inflation.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
Oh, please. If building Amazon was that simple, anyone could do it, or it would have been done previously. I agree with you on a lot, but not this time. Bezos clearly understands economics, and he's made his business work in practice.

Now tell me how our POTUS, armed with economists, comes up with the notion that raising corporate taxes will slow inflation. Tell me how even more government spending will slow inflation.

It's not easy. Putting together the logistics to hand deliver most products to nearly anyone's home within a few days and keep them at a cost that is generally comparable to Wal-Mart IS NOT EASY. The logistics of that are in fact extremely difficult to pull off.

But that isn't the same as understanding the macro economy.

If we increase corporate tax rate and don't spend it, then it would take money out of the economy.

If we increase it and spend it then I would say it would have zero effect either way.

I'm no expert but I generally see what government does as moving money in the economy around. It can hurt or help certain sectors of the economy but what it does to the economy on the whole is very small. I mean go look at money supply and you can see that money supply went from a very steady increase to a massive jump right when the lockdowns took effect in March.

Now that increase in money supply is too fast to be attributable to government actions as it took them a little longer to pass any sort of major spending bills to deal with COVID.

How dumb are we? Do we really think that billionaires like Bezos are suddenly worried about working class people all of a sudden? Like always, they're just protecting their own wallets.
Only dumb people would think Bezos is ‘worried about’ them. Or that he should be.

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." - The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith

It's not easy. Putting together the logistics to hand deliver most products to nearly anyone's home within a few days and keep them at a cost that is generally comparable to Wal-Mart IS NOT EASY. The logistics of that are in fact extremely difficult to pull off.

But that isn't the same as understanding the macro economy.

If we increase corporate tax rate and don't spend it, then it would take money out of the economy.

If we increase it and spend it then I would say it would have zero effect either way.

I'm no expert but I generally see what government does as moving money in the economy around. It can hurt or help certain sectors of the economy but what it does to the economy on the whole is very small. I mean go look at money supply and you can see that money supply went from a very steady increase to a massive jump right when the lockdowns took effect in March.

Now that increase in money supply is too fast to be attributable to government actions as it took them a little longer to pass any sort of major spending bills to deal with COVID.
The Amazon model is more complicated than that, and has evolved. They started by being a broker, and still are. A person that builds the largest company in the world understands economics.

A person who keeps claiming that increasing corporate taxes, or increasing stimulus spending by any name, and implementing foolish energy policies, clearing doesn't understand economics.

We can talk theory all day. One guy has been extraordinarily successful, and the other guy has been an extraordinary failure. That's indisputable.

Reactions: hwk23
It does if you want to pay for infrastructure. Personally I find it weird that the, "We need to pay for it," crowd suddenly has a problem with paying for it. If we want infrastructure, but don't want to add to inflation, we have no choice but to do things like increase taxes.

Last edited:
I'd really like just one Biden supporter to explain to me how raising corporate taxes will slow down inflation.
Why do you think that's a reasonable question?

Is someone claiming that raising corporate taxes is a good way to slow inflation?

I mean I suppose it might slow inflation, but that's not the main reason you raise corporate taxes.

This was my thought. Hey Jeff, maybe work on not being a shit place to work and then focus on these trivial topics
Yeah? I’m sure you’d say the same if it was directed at a republican. Bezos is filling the brains of WaPo readers with straight up propaganda from the left. He can flex on them when he wants and they’ll dance for him.

Yeah? I’m sure you’d say the same if it was directed at a republican. Bezos is filling the brains of WaPo readers with straight up propaganda from the left. He can flex on them when he wants and they’ll dance for him.

Look who's following me around. Go away creep

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT