ADVERTISEMENT

BF on Purdue game

CRazzle

HR All-State
Jun 29, 2022
“The ****ing two fullback dives at Wisconsin, I probably wouldn’t call those again, although that was strictly execution,” he said. “But next year, we’ll throw it, and everybody can be mad when we have an incompletion.

“If you make it, you’re good. If you don’t, you’re not. The last one (against Purdue), I don’t know if I probably would do that differently. I’d probably sequence it differently. I don’t think I would have snuck it on third down if I could do it again.”

Sounded a little pissy there at the end. Scott's second actricle on the Life of Brian is out and the Purdue explanation was very "I'm right. They're wrong!"

“The ****ing two fullback dives at Wisconsin, I probably wouldn’t call those again, although that was strictly execution,” he said. “But next year, we’ll throw it, and everybody can be mad when we have an incompletion.

“If you make it, you’re good. If you don’t, you’re not. The last one (against Purdue), I don’t know if I probably would do that differently. I’d probably sequence it differently. I don’t think I would have snuck it on third down if I could do it again.”

Sounded a little pissy there at the end. Scott's second actricle on the Life of Brian is out and the Purdue explanation was very "I'm right. They're wrong!"
Nice first post, troll. Bye.

Link???
Sounds like he is blaming the players in total frosty fashion!

Maybe neb will hire him next year.

Sounds quite douchey
Very well written piece by dochterman. He doesn’t go full frost but few times he does kind of throw players under the bus. This is 2nd piece from time he spent with BF breaking down film which again a very good read be it a fan or not of BF.

Not sure it’s going to change many opinions people have on him already. Yes one can argue shows how much football he knows which of course being around game as long as he has but as one comment states basically every other D1 coordinator is just as knowledgeable and can break down film like this or does so. Also for those who can’t read it speaking of comments I’d say 90% negative towards BF. And for those who don’t have athletic subscription and have a chance to read dochterman I’d say there Is more positivity/optimism in comments than this board if that says anything.

Last edited:
So if the opponents defense is such a play should work against it and it doesn’t work because one or more players didn’t execute whose fault is that? Like a receiver dropping a ball. Damn coaches.
Who cares??

Let me guess you probably have no issue with people talking crap about frost throwing his players under bus. But don't dare say anything about bf doing it, right? Some total hypocrites on this board....

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Listened to him for 2 hours with Leistekow. Smart, humble, hardworking and always learning is what I came away with. Kind of the opposite of many of you.
From a number of people who know him I’m not sure humble and BF can be used in the same sentence. A lot of window dressing. We will see if there is any substance when we watch his offense perform this year. And, I was all in on his hire as OC. He has shown nothing outside of a couple outlier games.

From a number of people who know him I’m not sure humble and BF can be used in the same sentence. A lot of window dressing. We will see if there is any substance when we watch his offense perform this year. And, I was all in on his hire as OC. He has shown nothing outside of a couple outlier games.
I'll never understand how you or anyone else could have been all in on that hire. Hiring any novice, much less your son, to solve the severe and long standing problem with the Iowa offense was really as stupid or self-serving as it gets. KF even suggesting it should have sent up red flags.

Who cares??

Let me guess you probably have no issue with people talking crap about frost throwing his players under bus. But don't dare say anything about bf doing it, right? Some total hypocrites on this board....
Are you trying to say that some people cut more slack to people on teams that they support? Even more slack than they do the coach of a division rival?
Color me surprised on that one.
What’s next? Cheering louder for the team they support?
I learn stuff here everyday. I appreciate the lesson.

Are you trying to say that some people cut more slack to people on teams that they support? Even more slack than they do the coach of a division rival?
Color me surprised on that one.
What’s next? Cheering louder for the team they support?
I learn stuff here everyday. I appreciate the lesson.

No prob! Shame that some people are that way, but some are. I guess it's ok for certain coaches to act like a douche...
Pretty sad!

Interesting that you cheer for teams you don't support. That's kinda odd, but whatever floats your boat buddy. What's the decibel range?

No prob! Shame that some people are that way, but some are. I guess it's ok for certain coaches to act like a douche...
Pretty sad!

Interesting that you cheer for teams you don't support. That's kinda odd, but whatever floats your boat buddy. What's the decibel range?
Not sure how you came up with the cheer for teams you don’t support part but you keep rowing your own boat.
Were/are you a JHF fan?

Not sure how you came up with the cheer for teams you don’t support part but you keep rowing your own boat.
Were/are you a JHF fan?
You said cheering loudER. English must be your 3rd language.
I don't row any boat but I'm certainly elite compared to you ;)

How is this year's Iowa Offense going to make the Top 50% Nationally this year?

That's all that matters!

If the players don't execute a well called play I see nothing wrong with saying a failure was from poor execution. Don't need to call out any one player but the blame lies where it lies. As I said yesterday there were really no plays in which the OC could have been confident of good execution last season.

Now the players are professional they're going to need a lot thicker skins earlier in life than previously. Fans reasonably will expect more from players being paid to play for Iowa than from kids playing for the pride and glory of Iowa. Not all change is for the better.

If the players don't execute a well called play I see nothing wrong with saying a failure was from poor execution. Don't need to call out any one player but the blame lies where it lies. As I said yesterday there were really no plays in which the OC could have been confident of good execution last season.

Now the players are professional they're going to need a lot thicker skins earlier in life than previously. Fans reasonably will expect more from players being paid to play for Iowa than from kids playing for the pride and glory of Iowa. Not all change is for the better.
LARGE MAJORITY ARENT PROS. unless you count making less actual cash than the local mccyds cashier....

I'll never understand how you or anyone else could have been all in on that hire. Hiring any novice, much less your son, to solve the severe and long standing problem with the Iowa offense was really as stupid or self-serving as it gets. KF even suggesting it should have sent up red flags.

You are correct. If you look at Iowa Football as a $50-100 million organization with a couple of hundred people involved with it who are like employees, would you hire a novice as VP of Offensive Production? Kirk is the CEO and the OCoordinator and Phil Parker are the VP's of the two major functions of the company.

Hiring Brian sounds just like so many large, private companies where Jr. gets hired to a top level position with just a little bit of experience with the goings on in the company.

In reality the money involved with hawk football goes toward a game so it is not a life and death situation where if someone screws up people get the short end like if it was a large hospital or company where people would lose their jobs. Oh wait, people can lose their jobs.

LARGE MAJORITY ARENT PROS. unless you count making less actual cash than the local mccyds cashier....
Every player that takes NIL money is a professional. Sports is no longer their hobby, it is the means of earning a living. Every starter next season will probably get some NIL money, except Riley Moss, who for some reason turned down the NIL money.

Every player that takes NIL money is a professional. Sports is no longer their hobby, it is the means of earning a living. Every starter next season will probably get some NIL money, except Riley Moss, who for some reason turned down the NIL money.
A few grand vs around a million dollars. Not exactly comparable...
Most won't get anywhere near enough nil money to provide a living. You serious? Their none nil benefits are much better for most of them

A few grand vs around a million dollars. Not exactly comparable...
Most won't get anywhere near enough nil money to provide a living. You serious? Their none nil benefits are much better for most of them

Well, the players have access to free housing, free tuition, free and special food so their COLA is pretty low. Why do you think NIL and the traditional benefits are mutually exclusive? The University might have programs to guide kids in the NIL process but the entire point is kid only gets any NIL deal if they play for a specific school.

You are grossly underestimating the cumulative value of local apparel deals, "influencer" fees, local restaurant and other local business advertising. While none of those might pay a lot of money, ten $1200 contracts is still $120K.

Now the volleyball, tennis and golf players might only get a couple of grand and Kayden Proctor gets a million, everyone is going to get something. Whatever they get is payment for playing for Iowa-and every other school works about the same way-is compensation for personal services. That is the very definition of a "professional"-an exchange of value for services.

And the "value" is only going to increase as this system progresses.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Well, the players have access to free housing, free tuition, free and special food so their COLA is pretty low. Why do you think NIL and the traditional benefits are mutually exclusive? The University might have programs to guide kids in the NIL process but the entire point is kid only gets any NIL deal if they play for a specific school.

You are grossly underestimating the cumulative value of local apparel deals, "influencer" fees, local restaurant and other local business advertising. While none of those might pay a lot of money, ten $1200 contracts is still $120K.

Now the volleyball, tennis and golf players might only get a couple of grand and Kayden Proctor gets a million, everyone is going to get something. Whatever they get is payment for playing for Iowa-and every other school works about the same way-is compensation for personal services. That is the very definition of a "professional"-an exchange of value for services.

And the "value" is only going to increase as this system progresses.
How much you think the median nil earnings will be for the d and o line 2 deeps?

Very well written piece by dochterman. He doesn’t go full frost but few times he does kind of throw players under the bus. This is 2nd piece from time he spent with BF breaking down film which again a very good read be it a fan or not of BF.

Not sure it’s going to change many opinions people have on him already. Yes one can argue shows how much football he knows which of course being around game as long as he has but as one comment states basically every other D1 coordinator is just as knowledgeable and can break down film like this or does so. Also for those who can’t read it speaking of comments I’d say 90% negative towards BF. And for those who don’t have athletic subscription and have a chance to read dochterman I’d say there Is more positivity/optimism in comments than this board if that says anything.
I wonder why BF was removed from the press box? I bet the fans in the various levels of it know why, and it wasn't his humbleness/kindness/etc.

How much you think the median nil earnings will be for the d and o line 2 deeps?
I'd guess more than $15K a year, in addition to the free room, board, tuition and I think books/programs and a free tablet or laptop. If not now, then soon hereafter. This is an arms race and salaries will have to increase.

It isn't the amount of money one receives that makes them a pro. The distinguishing feature is simply getting the money for providing some specific thing. Once you take the money, any cash/exchange of value for performing a service you are a professional at what pays you money or gives you things of value. Convenience store clerks don't make much money, but clerking is still their profession.

I'm willing to wager that anyone on the two deeps is going to get paid a lot better than the guys working the midnight shift at Quick Trip. I'm not saying the players are getting rich, although many will get rich at Iowa, but it does mean they are no longer amateurs. You have to play the downstream players something or you will have major team problems-like the NFL has. Everyone will have to wet their beak to some extent.

I wonder why BF was removed from the press box? I bet the fans in the various levels of it know why, and it wasn't his humbleness/kindness/etc.
For yelling profanity at the replay ref in the booth. Pretty well known. And if you don't think the coaches on the sidelines don't yell profanity and sometimes at the refs on the field I have some news for you. Does that make them bad people too?

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
I'd guess more than $15K a year, in addition to the free room, board, tuition and I think books/programs and a free tablet or laptop. If not now, then soon hereafter. This is an arms race and salaries will have to increase.

It isn't the amount of money one receives that makes them a pro. The distinguishing feature is simply getting the money for providing some specific thing. Once you take the money, any cash/exchange of value for performing a service you are a professional at what pays you money or gives you things of value. Convenience store clerks don't make much money, but clerking is still their profession.

I'm willing to wager that anyone on the two deeps is going to get paid a lot better than the guys working the midnight shift at Quick Trip. I'm not saying the players are getting rich, although many will get rich at Iowa, but it does mean they are no longer amateurs. You have to play the downstream players something or you will have major team problems-like the NFL has. Everyone will have to wet their beak to some extent.
That's like saying the kid down the street cutting grass for 20 is a professional landscaper. If you be really think that then so be it ;).

Btw just heard kf talking about the miniscule number of players seeing any real income from nil this far....

For yelling profanity at the replay ref in the booth. Pretty well known. And if you don't think the coaches on the sidelines don't yell profanity and sometimes at the refs on the field I have some news for you. Does that make them bad people too?
Our seats are row 14 behind the DL group… taking my young kids when Kaz was the coach was educational in the ways to use certain words….

Reactions: obfuscating
Our seats are row 14 behind the DL group… taking my young kids when Kaz was the coach was educational in the ways to use certain words….
Oh yeah. I witnessed said language on a number of occasions myself. If they gave up a score he would meet them right when coming off the field and it tended to be an ass chewing all the way back to the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT