ADVERTISEMENT

Bid Thieves Alive and Well

wyohawk

HB Heisman
Jan 8, 2009
Wyoming 1 game away, UCONN 2 games away. Watched the end of both games last night and wouldn't be surprised for continued success.

Alford and Crean may very well be the victims.

I love March.

Rhode Island and Auburn still alive, as well, right? Those would be bid thieving opportunities, for sure...

Depending on who you believe, UCLA is already out and Indiana is probably safer than the likes of Boise St, Miami, and Tulsa, but I echo the sentiment - March rocks! :)

Originally posted by NorthCentralHawk:
Rhode Island and Auburn still alive, as well, right? Those would be bid thieving opportunities, for sure...

Depending on who you believe, UCLA is already out and Indiana is probably safer than the likes of Boise St, Miami, and Tulsa, but I echo the sentiment - March rocks! :)
Yessir, Pearl's Auburn squad singlehandedly removed LSU from the bubble. And is a 13 seed in the semis.

URI has a chance to squeeze some more life out of Dayton's hopes.

Love it.

"Bid theif"? Wan't "Bracket Buster" good enough. Madness is yesterday's news, let the March Cuteness continue.

Removed LSU? Pretty sure LSU is going to make it and if not they're still VERY much on the bubble alive and well..

Originally posted by hknation:
"Bid theif"? Wan't "Bracket Buster" good enough. Madness is yesterday's news, let the March Cuteness continue.
Bracket Buster are more related to the NCAA tournament when fans have filled out their brackets and a big upset occurs and takes out an elite 8 or final 4 team. I like the term bid thief for these small tournament upsets.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah, LSU seems safely in. Auburn is out (was there any doubt?), leaving us with 3? potential thieves: UConn, Wyoming and Rhode Island. Depending on where you have them, Tulsa is on wrong side of the bubble, too, and still alive (and playing UConn).

Rooting for VCU to beat Davidson; thinking the Wildcats could jump Iowa in seeding with another win, if they haven't already...

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:
Removed LSU? Pretty sure LSU is going to make it and if not they're still VERY much on the bubble alive and well..
Fair, last four in ATM. A bit surprised considering their resume.

Def on the chopping block if bid thefts materialize however.

SDSU and Wyoming coming down to the wire. Wyoming by two with a minute to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT